Team Arena Request

As a player that still grinds H5 and loves to continue to play, I have a simple request: Can we remove HCS mode and SLAYER from Team Arena? My favorite mode is CTF, but it’s maybe 1 out of 10 games in arena is CTF, with the majority being slayer or strongholds. I love strongholds, but when I get slayer it frustrates me. The majority of ALL games modes in ranked is a slayer type with BTB or Arena being the only chance getting an objective game type. Team Arena has also been HCS (pistols only start) all year and it’d be nice to just be traditional again. Might I suggest having a dedicated playlist for players that want the HCS play style?

It is a simple request from a lifelong Halo fan (since 2001): Remove HCS and Slayer from Team Arena, and allow the playlist to have CTF, Oddball, Grifball, and strongholds. Give us an objective only playlist since everything else in the game is a slayer type of game mode.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not promote cheating or griefing.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I know it’s not ideal, but you can always dashboard/quit Halo 5 on the loading screen if you see Slayer, for instance. Since there’s no JIP for Ranked, you won’t be dropped into that same match when you boot up the game again. I’m not a fan of Slayer appearing at all, let alone so frequently, in a playlist that’s supposed to be all about objective gametypes.

> 2533274824050480;2:
>

Don’t be this guy ^^.

> 2533274824050480;2:
>

Ya dude, I am not a fan of app-quitting because it just screws over my team. It’s just frustrating that H5 seems to focus on the HCS or professional gamer community and less on the casual gaming fan that enjoys team games, not just run and gun.

> 2533274841534706;4:
> > 2533274824050480;2:
> >
>
> Ya dude, I am not a fan of app-quitting because it just screws over my team. It’s just frustrating that H5 seems to focus on the HCS or professional gamer community and less on the casual gaming fan that enjoys team games, not just run and gun.

I don’t mean to make it a habit, but only if it gets to be really frustrating, you know? Should have been clearer in my initial post because, like you said, it’s not very friendly to screw over teammates. But yeah, I agree, it’s definitely frustrating how multiplayer is so focused on e-sports and the like that they forget to make games that are fun first. Halo of old was a fun/popular game that grew into a popular e-sport rather than the other way around.

Edit: it’s been a while, but doesn’t the game try to find another player if someone drops while the map and game mode are loading up?

> 2533274824050480;5:
> > 2533274841534706;4:
> > > 2533274824050480;2:
> > >
> >
> > Ya dude, I am not a fan of app-quitting because it just screws over my team. It’s just frustrating that H5 seems to focus on the HCS or professional gamer community and less on the casual gaming fan that enjoys team games, not just run and gun.
>
> I don’t mean to make it a habit, but only if it gets to be really frustrating, you know? Should have been clearer in my initial post because, like you said, it’s not very friendly to screw over teammates. But yeah, I agree, it’s definitely frustrating how multiplayer is so focused on e-sports and the like that they forget to make games that are fun first. Halo of old was a fun/popular game that grew into a popular e-sport rather than the other way around.
>
> Edit: it’s been a while, but doesn’t the game try to find another player if someone drops while the map and game mode are loading up?

Ya it does, but sometimes it takes forever to load a game and more than not it drops the game load for long load time

I don’t mind the hcs settings having no spartan charged in ranked is a blessing but I completely agree on n slayer being there way too much especially now that there is no more tournaments for H5 I wish they would just dominate the arena list with objective throw roaming king and assault inthere and give us a place to go for objective play

> 2533274966743271;7:
> I don’t mind the hcs settings having no spartan charged in ranked is a blessing but I completely agree on n slayer being there way too much especially now that there is no more tournaments for H5 I wish they would just dominate the arena list with objective throw roaming king and assault inthere and give us a place to go for objective play

I agree about getting some roaming king and assault! Just an 100% objective playlist is all I care about!

> 2533274824050480;5:
> > 2533274841534706;4:
> > > 2533274824050480;2:
> > >
> >
> > Ya dude, I am not a fan of app-quitting because it just screws over my team. It’s just frustrating that H5 seems to focus on the HCS or professional gamer community and less on the casual gaming fan that enjoys team games, not just run and gun.
>
> I don’t mean to make it a habit, but only if it gets to be really frustrating, you know? Should have been clearer in my initial post because, like you said, it’s not very friendly to screw over teammates. But yeah, I agree, it’s definitely frustrating how multiplayer is so focused on e-sports and the like that they forget to make games that are fun first. Halo of old was a fun/popular game that grew into a popular e-sport rather than the other way around.
>
> Edit: it’s been a while, but doesn’t the game try to find another player if someone drops while the map and game mode are loading up?

I really don’t care for Slayer in Team Arena but I know a lot of people do. It should be less frequent because it will be 80% of what I play in that playlist. I love HCS and it should stay because I’m tired of kids using sc, gp, and the ar because they suck with a magnum. Because of HCS Team Arena has become the most fun and competitive playlist in ranked.

Yea there is no point in slayer in a team objective playlist.

> 2533275001522797;9:
> > 2533274824050480;5:
> > > 2533274841534706;4:
> > > > 2533274824050480;2:
> > > >
> > >
> > > Ya dude, I am not a fan of app-quitting because it just screws over my team. It’s just frustrating that H5 seems to focus on the HCS or professional gamer community and less on the casual gaming fan that enjoys team games, not just run and gun.
> >
> > I don’t mean to make it a habit, but only if it gets to be really frustrating, you know? Should have been clearer in my initial post because, like you said, it’s not very friendly to screw over teammates. But yeah, I agree, it’s definitely frustrating how multiplayer is so focused on e-sports and the like that they forget to make games that are fun first. Halo of old was a fun/popular game that grew into a popular e-sport rather than the other way around.
> >
> > Edit: it’s been a while, but doesn’t the game try to find another player if someone drops while the map and game mode are loading up?
>
> I really don’t care for Slayer in Team Arena but I know a lot of people do. It should be less frequent because it will be 80% of what I play in that playlist. I love HCS and it should stay because I’m tired of kids using sc, gp, and the ar because they suck with a magnum. Because of HCS Team Arena has become the most fun and competitive playlist in ranked.

I 100% agree that it makes Halo feel more like Halo without spartan abilities that are overused by the less-skilled players. I would be perfectly fine if they kept it HCS, but PLEASE TAKE SLAYER OUT! It’s so frustrating to see the game search screen image of a spartan with a flag in his hand and then see a slayer game load up. I just want an objective ONLY playlist.

> 2535424560534945;10:
> Yea there is no point in slayer in a team objective playlist.

AGREED! All of the other playlists, aside from BTB, Breakout, and Husky Raid is a slayer variant. It would just be nice to be able to play objectives back-to-back without the frustration of a slayer game.

> 2533274841534706;8:
> > 2533274966743271;7:
> > I don’t mind the hcs settings having no spartan charged in ranked is a blessing but I completely agree on n slayer being there way too much especially now that there is no more tournaments for H5 I wish they would just dominate the arena list with objective throw roaming king and assault inthere and give us a place to go for objective play
>
> I agree about getting some roaming king and assault! Just an 100% objective playlist is all I care about!

They could just move hcs slayer to the slayer playlist like it is with ffa

I always go into a team arena mode hoping to get an objective mode but ive been getting a lot of slayer matches and I wish we had an objective playlist.

Slayer has a ranked playlist, a none ranked playlist and it is in Team Arena. I never understood why Slayer is in Team Arena when it already has 2 other playlist that just has Slayer in it. Plus it is in BTB and the Halo 3 playlist. I don’t play Team Arena anymore because I’m getting very tired of Slayer and I just don’t want to risk playing it anymore. I also think that they should bring back Spartan charge and Ground pound. Whatever you like them or not they are a part of the game. Removing them from the main playlist in the game is just wrong. If you don’t like them then you can play the Halo 3 playlist.

> 2533274968423221;14:
> I always go into a team arena mode hoping to get an objective mode but ive been getting a lot of slayer matches and I wish we had an objective playlist.

Glad I am not the only one feeling this feeling!

> 2535426615997959;15:
> Slayer has a ranked playlist, a none ranked playlist and it is in Team Arena. I never understood why Slayer is in Team Arena when it already has 2 other playlist that just has Slayer in it. Plus it is in BTB and the Halo 3 playlist. I don’t play Team Arena anymore because I’m getting very tired of Slayer and I just don’t want to risk playing it anymore. I also think that they should bring back Spartan charge and Ground pound. Whatever you like them or not they are a part of the game. Removing them from the main playlist in the game is just wrong. If you don’t like them then you can play the Halo 3 playlist.

I agree wholeheartedly! And for those who don’t want to have spartan abilities in the raked playlist, they can easily make add Team Arena (no slayer) to the non-ranked playlists for casual gamers!