Tattoos and The Sangheili

Is it possible for Sangheili/Elites get tattoos, we know that (obviously)Humans and Brutes can get them, but what do the elites consider it, do they approve of it (possibly as a test for pain since getting a tattoo is painful especially in certain areas) or do they see it as a taboo, heck dose it even exist in their home-planet?

I imagine the Sangheili get branded. Like when Arby was given the Mark of Shame. There could be marks for other things such as honor, loyalty, skill, trust, clan, etc. that they have to earn.

Branded (and possibly scarring tattoos) i can see that but, I’m mostly talking about Ink Tattoos.

> 2533274866435706;3:
> Branded (and possibly scarring tattoos) i can see that but, I’m mostly talking about Ink Tattoos.

I don’t see why ink tattoos wouldn’t be allowed. Nothing “dishonorable” about that.

> 2533274876456769;2:
> I imagine the Sangheili get branded. Like when Arby was given the Mark of Shame. There could be marks for other things such as honor, loyalty, skill, trust, clan, etc. that they have to earn.

The brands and marks seem to be used so that other people can recognize that the individual before them has committed some sort of shameful act. In Cole Protocol, Thel orders one of his Zealots to essentially cut his arms in a zig-zag pattern for his disobedience.

> 2533274860901607;5:
> > 2533274876456769;2:
> > I imagine the Sangheili get branded. Like when Arby was given the Mark of Shame. There could be marks for other things such as honor, loyalty, skill, trust, clan, etc. that they have to earn.
>
>
> The brands and marks seem to be used so that other people can recognize that the individual before them has committed some sort of shameful act. In Cole Protocol, Thel orders one of his Zealots to essentially cut his arms in a zig-zag pattern for his disobedience.

Yeah, but I don’t see why there wouldn’t be other brands for the traits I mentioned. It’d be an identifier of who they are as an individual, sort of like fraternity branding. Of course, this is just speculation.

> 2533274866435706;1:
> Is it possible for Sangheili/Elites get tattoos, we know that (obviously)Humans and Brutes can get them, but what do the elites consider it, do they approve of it (possibly as a test for pain since getting a tattoo is painful especially in certain areas) or do they see it as a taboo, heck dose it even exist in their home-planet?

I’m not sure but I can believe it. Maybe Broken Circle will include a word about that.

> 2533274889742137;7:
> > 2533274866435706;1:
> > Is it possible for Sangheili/Elites get tattoos, we know that (obviously)Humans and Brutes can get them, but what do the elites consider it, do they approve of it (possibly as a test for pain since getting a tattoo is painful especially in certain areas) or do they see it as a taboo, heck dose it even exist in their home-planet?
>
>
> I’m not sure but I can believe it. Maybe Broken Circle will include a word about that.

Ernicka the Scar maker?

Something tells me they would be against body markings. A species so -Yoink!- retentive about spilling blood must have an aversion to ink.

It would be interesting to see that. All we have seen is Thel 'Vadam gets the Mark of Shame, but if they could be given another symbol let’s say one for bravery, why not?