Tartarus' Gavel

Anyone else disappointed that we got Tartarus’ Gavel instead of Fist of Rukt? Like, why does the Energy Sword’s mythic get to have its own unique model but the Gravity Hammer doesn’t? Al least make Tartarus’ Gavel an Ultra Rare non-Mythic because it’s pretty obvious what the Mythic hammer should be.

Why is it called Tartarus’ Gavel when it was never used by Tartarus himself? Tartarus used a Spiker prior to killing Maccabeus to obtain the Fist of Rukt. I really don’t get why they can’t just give us the Fist of Rukt as a mythic weapon. :confused:

Read this…

> Tartarus was a ruthless Jiralhanae chieftain whose meteoric rise through Brute society and the Covenant military was fueled by vicious bloodlust and cunning politicking. By 2552, Tartarus had eliminated or surpassed all opposition in his quest to serve the at the Prophet of Truth’s right hand atop the Covenant empire, overwhelming all opposition among his own people to become Chieftain of the Brutes. At the Battle for Delta Halo however, Truth’s plans for Tartarus to crush the Elite’s opposition to his rule would be undone at the eleventh hour by the Arbiter Thel ‘Vadam and a small but united contingent of human and Sangheili forces. Tartarus’ death at the Arbiter’s hands ended the chieftain’s plans to unify his fractious species, but his legend still inspires ambitious Brutes eager to build their own legacies.
>
> During his ascent to power within the Covenant, Tartarus used his relationship with the Prophets to reward loyal lieutenants with advanced weaponry secretly forged within the Sacred Promissory. These vicious and unique instruments of war helped assure the rise in both position and influence of his own pack, and cemented key loyalties when grander machinations began to unfold.

Source - This weeks Cannon Fodder.

> 2533274808793619;3:
> Read this…
>
>
> > Tartarus was a ruthless Jiralhanae chieftain whose meteoric rise through Brute society and the Covenant military was fueled by vicious bloodlust and cunning politicking. By 2552, Tartarus had eliminated or surpassed all opposition in his quest to serve the at the Prophet of Truth’s right hand atop the Covenant empire, overwhelming all opposition among his own people to become Chieftain of the Brutes. At the Battle for Delta Halo however, Truth’s plans for Tartarus to crush the Elite’s opposition to his rule would be undone at the eleventh hour by the Arbiter Thel ‘Vadam and a small but united contingent of human and Sangheili forces. Tartarus’ death at the Arbiter’s hands ended the chieftain’s plans to unify his fractious species, but his legend still inspires ambitious Brutes eager to build their own legacies.
> >
> > During his ascent to power within the Covenant, Tartarus used his relationship with the Prophets to reward loyal lieutenants with advanced weaponry secretly forged within the Sacred Promissory. These vicious and unique instruments of war helped assure the rise in both position and influence of his own pack, and cemented key loyalties when grander machinations began to unfold.
>
>
> Source - This weeks Cannon Fodder.

Now I know why Fist of Rukt didn’t come! Gotta get reading.

Now if it’s got the invincibility shield, then that’s going to be a billion times worst than armor lock.

<mark>Do not post inappropriate comments.</mark>

Wha wha WHAAAAA. You people moan and cry way too much. Thank you 343! I much appreciate everything you guys are doing! Keep up the great work! Oh and Donald Trump 2016!

This could just be the mid-tier hammer. It’s not like they’ve revealed everything yet.

> 2535422603742100;7:
> This could just be the mid-tier hammer. It’s not like they’ve revealed everything yet.

You can tell that the remaining 2 req cards that are still blurred are not hammers because on Tartarus’ Gavel, the hammer hangs over the actual card. You can’t see the outline of the hammer hanging over the card on the other 2 cards. Tartarus’s Gavel is the only Hammer.

> 2535460810182211;4:
> > 2533274808793619;3:
> > Read this…
> >
> >
> > > Tartarus was a ruthless Jiralhanae chieftain whose meteoric rise through Brute society and the Covenant military was fueled by vicious bloodlust and cunning politicking. By 2552, Tartarus had eliminated or surpassed all opposition in his quest to serve the at the Prophet of Truth’s right hand atop the Covenant empire, overwhelming all opposition among his own people to become Chieftain of the Brutes. At the Battle for Delta Halo however, Truth’s plans for Tartarus to crush the Elite’s opposition to his rule would be undone at the eleventh hour by the Arbiter Thel ‘Vadam and a small but united contingent of human and Sangheili forces. Tartarus’ death at the Arbiter’s hands ended the chieftain’s plans to unify his fractious species, but his legend still inspires ambitious Brutes eager to build their own legacies.
> > >
> > > During his ascent to power within the Covenant, Tartarus used his relationship with the Prophets to reward loyal lieutenants with advanced weaponry secretly forged within the Sacred Promissory. These vicious and unique instruments of war helped assure the rise in both position and influence of his own pack, and cemented key loyalties when grander machinations began to unfold.
> >
> >
> > Source - This weeks Cannon Fodder.
>
>
> Now I know why Fist of Rukt didn’t come! Gotta get reading.

How though? It says nothing about Fist of Rukt so how does this explain why Fist of Rukt didn’t some? Also, based on the reading, this hammer wasn’t even for Tartarus, it was for one of his loyal lieutenants.

Now I can’t stop thinking about Tartarus siting in a courtroom trying to fit one of those white wigs on his head.

> 2533274860390817;10:
> Now I can’t stop thinking about Tartarus siting in a courtroom trying to fit one of those white wigs on his head.

I laughed so hard at this

> 2533274860390817;10:
> Now I can’t stop thinking about Tartarus siting in a courtroom trying to fit one of those white wigs on his head.

But Tartarus was albino, he doesn’t need to wear them, right?

> 2535440120215345;8:
> > 2535422603742100;7:
> > This could just be the mid-tier hammer. It’s not like they’ve revealed everything yet.
>
>
> You can tell that the remaining 2 req cards that are still blurred are not hammers because on Tartarus’ Gavel, the hammer hangs over the actual card. You can’t see the outline of the hammer hanging over the card on the other 2 cards. Tartarus’s Gavel is the only Hammer.

From the cannon fodder:

“some vicious new hammers to swing”

After how many chieftains Tartarus has slain it doesn’t surprise me that he would have multiple hammers. The Gavel wouldn’t be considered a main hammer but more as a pocket knife, but since brutes are quite a big bigger and much stronger than humans (even some Spartans) the Gavel would be far more appropriate for a human to wield. The Fist of Rukt (as amazing as it is as a weapon) is simply too heavy to sprint around the map with. We walk super slow when holding chain guns and this hammer at best will do the same. For you weaker Spartans out there, good luck dragging it around lol.

> 2535440120215345;9:
> > 2535460810182211;4:
> > > 2533274808793619;3:
> > > Read this…
> > >
> > >
> > > > Tartarus was a ruthless Jiralhanae chieftain whose meteoric rise through Brute society and the Covenant military was fueled by vicious bloodlust and cunning politicking. By 2552, Tartarus had eliminated or surpassed all opposition in his quest to serve the at the Prophet of Truth’s right hand atop the Covenant empire, overwhelming all opposition among his own people to become Chieftain of the Brutes. At the Battle for Delta Halo however, Truth’s plans for Tartarus to crush the Elite’s opposition to his rule would be undone at the eleventh hour by the Arbiter Thel ‘Vadam and a small but united contingent of human and Sangheili forces. Tartarus’ death at the Arbiter’s hands ended the chieftain’s plans to unify his fractious species, but his legend still inspires ambitious Brutes eager to build their own legacies.
> > > >
> > > > During his ascent to power within the Covenant, Tartarus used his relationship with the Prophets to reward loyal lieutenants with advanced weaponry secretly forged within the Sacred Promissory. These vicious and unique instruments of war helped assure the rise in both position and influence of his own pack, and cemented key loyalties when grander machinations began to unfold.
> > >
> > >
> > > Source - This weeks Cannon Fodder.
> >
> >
> > Now I know why Fist of Rukt didn’t come! Gotta get reading.
>
>
> How though? It says nothing about Fist of Rukt so how does this explain why Fist of Rukt didn’t some? Also, based on the reading, this hammer wasn’t even for Tartarus, it was for one of his loyal lieutenants.

Think of it like Didact’s Signet. Same concept, it wasn’t his. It was a reward for loyal commanders.

> 2535440120215345;9:
> > 2535460810182211;4:
> > > 2533274808793619;3:
> > > Read this…
> > >
> > >
> > > > Tartarus was a ruthless Jiralhanae chieftain whose meteoric rise through Brute society and the Covenant military was fueled by vicious bloodlust and cunning politicking. By 2552, Tartarus had eliminated or surpassed all opposition in his quest to serve the at the Prophet of Truth’s right hand atop the Covenant empire, overwhelming all opposition among his own people to become Chieftain of the Brutes. At the Battle for Delta Halo however, Truth’s plans for Tartarus to crush the Elite’s opposition to his rule would be undone at the eleventh hour by the Arbiter Thel ‘Vadam and a small but united contingent of human and Sangheili forces. Tartarus’ death at the Arbiter’s hands ended the chieftain’s plans to unify his fractious species, but his legend still inspires ambitious Brutes eager to build their own legacies.
> > > >
> > > > During his ascent to power within the Covenant, Tartarus used his relationship with the Prophets to reward loyal lieutenants with advanced weaponry secretly forged within the Sacred Promissory. These vicious and unique instruments of war helped assure the rise in both position and influence of his own pack, and cemented key loyalties when grander machinations began to unfold.
> > >
> > >
> > > Source - This weeks Cannon Fodder.
> >
> >
> > Now I know why Fist of Rukt didn’t come! Gotta get reading.
>
>
> How though? It says nothing about Fist of Rukt so how does this explain why Fist of Rukt didn’t some? Also, based on the reading, this hammer wasn’t even for Tartarus, it was for one of his loyal lieutenants.

who cares, as long as it does not try to pass as the rukt. Oh well we did not get the hammer this time, there really is no reason to wine about it.

I going to save my judgement over this weapon until I see it in action.

There’s still three updates to go. I’m assuming there will be at least three types of each weapon by the end of it. As a Canon junkie, I’d love to wield the fist of Rukt before its all said and done.

I would have preferred the fist but I don’t think it would have lived up to its name considering how OP would have to be.

> 2535440120215345;1:
> Anyone else disappointed that we got Tartarus’ Gavel instead of Fist of Rukt? Like, why does the Energy Sword’s mythic get to have its own unique model but the Gravity Hammer doesn’t? Al least make Tartarus’ Gavel an Ultra Rare non-Mythic because it’s pretty obvious what the Mythic hammer should be.

Well Prophets’ Bane gets to be its own model because it was already modeled for campaign and brought into multiplayer. The Fist of Rukt would have to be modeled from scratch.

But I agree. It is pretty lame that they’re using this weapon as the showcase weapon when it’s just a typical reskin. Hell, out of the two “new” armors they’re showcasing, the only thing new is the Dynast helmet since the body is just an Athlon reskin.