Target Locator : Legendary weapon

Am i the only one who thinks the Target Locator from halo reach would be a awesome weapon in warzone as a legendary req weapon. I know its an op weapon but if its in warzone and its very hard to obtain then i don’t see why not. I think it would make some very interesting gameplay. It would give you a good chance to get multikills.

For those who don’t know, the target designator/locator is the weapon from the halo reach campaign that called in a orbital strike once you painted a target with your aimer for a few seconds.

What do you guys think?

if it was balanced enough and could only be used for vehicles and bosses I would not mind it being in the game

I don’t. It’s pretty much worthless, aside from getting a SINGLE person’s location. Why would you want that?

Actually, in a custom game with the right gametype installed (Some genius made it) The target designator was usable. When you selected an area, it would say “Ordnance Deployed” and shows a spartan laser below it. But, instead of a laser, you get about 100 rockets.

Back on the actual topic, as long as it was balanced, it wouldn’t be a bad addition. Would be a good way to destroy hordes of enemy vehicles if they pin you inside a base.

> 2535447317427844;3:
> I don’t. It’s pretty much worthless, aside from getting a SINGLE person’s location. Why would you want that?

Getting a single location and glassing it to yoink you mean. It was worth a killionare in campaign, and if you hit a group of people or a boss, one hit is all it needs.
That being said it would be fun but i think its a bit OP. Maybe just forge or something?

> 2533274920092347;5:
> > 2535447317427844;3:
> > I don’t. It’s pretty much worthless, aside from getting a SINGLE person’s location. Why would you want that?
>
>
> Getting a single location and glassing it to yoink you mean. It was worth a killionare in campaign, and if you hit a group of people or a boss, one hit is all it needs.
> That being said it would be fun but i think its a bit OP. Maybe just forge or something?

They could make it balanced. They could have it to where if your in the middle of the blast radius then it kills you but if your on then edge then it would just take shields down. They could also make it insta-kill vehicles. I mean you have to charge it up and then wait for it to come in. Just a few seconds late gives a player and vehicle plenty of time to get out of the radius.

How to make the Target Designator cool in Warzone:

• Only available as an on-map pickup item - One spawns in each base (both home bases and all three neutral bases) with a long respawn timer (maybe 10 minutes?) - Does not replace either of your weapons when you pick it up but is instead quick slotted to a D-Pad button - Only has one shot - Has a slightly larger area of effect than the one from Reach - Shows a red ring on the ground where the strike is about to come down (green if it is friendly)My thoughts anyway.

Wait, crap. I misread this the first go around. I thought we were talking about the perk that told you the last person who killed you. I feel foolish.
That being said, The target locator from Reach, where it just glassed what was below it… actually sounds perfect, but only if you get a single shot. And then it would really only be useful for vehicles. Idk, depends really.

Just as long as it’s not like the Halo 4 version. That thing would be the equivalent of the CoD tactical nuke.

I think that this is an amazing idea :smiley:

> 2533274867591496;2:
> if it was balanced enough and could only be used for vehicles and bosses I would not mind it being in the game.

not for bosses anything but bosses it would make them to easy to kill.

Sounds like a really good idea. My thoughts to make it balanced, only one shot available, with both a long respawn time (maybe 5 minutes) and a random spawn point so that no one can get ahead by camping, however in return it will be able to track vehicles and be fairly powerful. Again though, just my thoughts.

> 2533274877739207;12:
> Sounds like a really good idea. My thoughts to make it balanced, only one shot available, with both a long respawn time (maybe 5 minutes) and a random spawn point so that no one can get ahead by camping, however in return it will be able to track vehicles and be fairly powerful. Again though, just my thoughts.

Tracking vehicles would be interesting =] I think it would be able to catch vehicles off guard that are driving slow but should be able to get away from a situation like that.

…If the game had firefight maybe…

I like the idea, firing Reach´s 7 blasts with a slightly larger range, being able to wipe out groups of people or AIs instantly. Though it should need a high REQ level in the game plus a really hard REQ card to unlock it.

I think it could work as a singular precision MAC blast with a blast slightly bigger than the Rocket Launcher but at the cost of only having 1 or 2 ammunition in it.

i think it would be pretty nice in warzone but would have to be a high req

> 2533274867591496;2:
> if it was balanced enough and could only be used for vehicles and bosses I would not mind it being in the game

Why not spartans?

Could be amazing for some cool new custom games!

It could call in a magnetic accelerator cannon strike. Or a big damn laser. Ultra-precise, large splash radius, single-shot. Level 9 requisition.