Target Locator in Multiplayer/Forge?

Since the Target Locator has been confirmed to be in Halo 4, I’m hoping it’s in Multiplayer, or at least available for Forge. It could’ve been awesome to be in Forge World in Reach, but it didn’t happen. I’m really hoping it’s at least in Forge. It’d be great for destroying Scorpions, or bombarding an enemy’s base in Dominion, or would even look great in Machinimas.

Other than Forge/Multiplayer, can’t wait to use it in Spartan Ops, and hope it appears more than just once in Campaign.

> Since the Target Locator has been confirmed to be in Halo 4, I’m hoping it’s in Multiplayer, or at least available for Forge. It could’ve been awesome to be in Forge World in Reach, but it didn’t happen. I’m really hoping it’s at least in Forge. It’d be great for destroying Scorpions, or bombarding an enemy’s base in Dominion, or would even look great in Machinimas.
>
> Other than Forge/Multiplayer, can’t wait to use it in Spartan Ops, and hope it appears more than just once in Campaign.

Agreed, it was kinda strange that the target locator got a load of publicity for reach and it was only in one small part of one campaign mission.

Well, in Multiplayer it would be a tad unfair, but I think it would be cool to have in Forge. I could see it being slightly balanced in Multiplayer (two shots total for instance), but it didn’t seem to make it into War Games.

I wish we had something like the Hammer of Dawn from GoW, but larger!

I do hope it’s in in multiplayer too!

The Plasma Rifle is out and the Target Locater is in!? Seriously?! Fail. What’s even worse is that the Grenade Launcher has been ousted in favour of its fellow Reach weapon. Well, the UNSC Weapons Trailer never showed the Target Locater, so it’s safe to assume that the SMG might make a surprise reappearance. As if that would ever happen. -_-

It’d be incredibly selfish not to let us use it in Forge.

Ok I’m just kidding but still, I didn’t like it’s limited use in Campaign (not to mention it was boring using it to kill masses of Elites) and it’s aberrant use in Firefight (everyone seems to pick on the Grunts from what I’ve heard).

It’d serve a better purpose in machinima, Forge, and custom games.

> Well, in Multiplayer it would be a tad unfair, but I think it would be cool to have in Forge. I could see it being slightly balanced in Multiplayer (two shots total for instance), but it didn’t seem to make it into War Games.
>
> I wish we had something like the Hammer of Dawn from GoW, but larger!

Well if its an ordinance weapon it wont be too OP

Sorry guys, but does anyone have an article stating the Target Locators been confirmed. I hope its only in Spartan Ops. If its in Multiplayer, i have to say its gonna be the cheapest weapon in the game. Sry guys, but i hope its not in Multiplayer.

Places Target locator in Dominion. Holds base forever and is rewarded with Target locator in Ordnance. Rains down upon enemy base with locator to destroy all defenses.

-Boss.

> Sorry guys, but does anyone have an article stating the Target Locators been confirmed. I hope its only in Spartan Ops. If its in Multiplayer, i have to say its gonna be the cheapest weapon in the game. Sry guys, but i hope its not in Multiplayer.

https://halo.xbox.com/en-us/Universe/Detail/weapon-and-vehicle-renders/37d609fa-0303-4c2e-9fff-2fb79e52d9f6#imageNumber=16

I would love it in certain maps, and gametypes.

It shouldn’t be an ordnance drop, map placed weapon I think would be best.

In fact, it should be a one shot (possibly two at a stretch) and not lock on to vehicles or people. Should be a dumb bombardment weapon, nothing locked or guided.

> Places Target locator in Dominion. Holds base forever and is rewarded with Target locator in Ordnance. Rains down upon enemy base with locator to destroy all defenses.
>
> -Boss.

oh thats cute. guess i gotta find some cover if someone is gonna use that.

> > Sorry guys, but does anyone have an article stating the Target Locators been confirmed. I hope its only in Spartan Ops. If its in Multiplayer, i have to say its gonna be the cheapest weapon in the game. Sry guys, but i hope its not in Multiplayer.
>
> https://halo.xbox.com/en-us/Universe/Detail/weapon-and-vehicle-renders/37d609fa-0303-4c2e-9fff-2fb79e52d9f6#imageNumber=16

nice…looks like players are gonna be raining hell in Multiplayer.

> > Places Target locator in Dominion. Holds base forever and is rewarded with Target locator in Ordnance. Rains down upon enemy base with locator to destroy all defenses.
> >
> > -Boss.
>
> oh thats cute. guess i gotta find some cover if someone is gonna use that.

Better get inside your base then lol. Everything around it will be obliterated. Hopefully your roof doesn’t have holes in it, but I think Longbow is the one with that.

> > > Places Target locator in Dominion. Holds base forever and is rewarded with Target locator in Ordnance. Rains down upon enemy base with locator to destroy all defenses.
> > >
> > > -Boss.
> >
> > oh thats cute. guess i gotta find some cover if someone is gonna use that.
>
> Better get inside your base then lol. Everything around it will be obliterated. Hopefully your roof doesn’t have holes in it, but I think Longbow is the one with that.

Bit like the pred missile in MW. oops shouldn’t have mentioned COD prepares for numerous threads

> > > > Places Target locator in Dominion. Holds base forever and is rewarded with Target locator in Ordnance. Rains down upon enemy base with locator to destroy all defenses.
> > > >
> > > > -Boss.
> > >
> > > oh thats cute. guess i gotta find some cover if someone is gonna use that.
> >
> > Better get inside your base then lol. Everything around it will be obliterated. Hopefully your roof doesn’t have holes in it, but I think Longbow is the one with that.
>
> Bit like the pred missile in MW. oops shouldn’t have mentioned COD prepares for numerous threads

Oh god, you have doomed us all!!

Please no. Just the idea of an orbital strike in any sort of Multiplayer game would be extremely broken.

> Please no. Just the idea of an orbital strike in any sort of Multiplayer game would be extremely broken.

Sitri. Just stop. Its almost like you don’t even try to think how things can be balanced before ruling them out. The target locator would work awesome in multiplayer with a few simple tweaks.

1. Remove its ability to track moving targets.

2. Decrease the radius of effect/damage

3. Decrease the duration of the orbital strike

4. Slightly increase the time it takes to aquire a static target, and the time between acquiring and the actual strike.

5. Increase the brightness of the targeting laser an implement a change of color once a lock have been established. For example, a green laser while targeting and a red laser once locked. This would allow vigilant players in its targeting range to know there area is being targeted and escape before the incoming orbital volley.

With these simple tweaks the Target Locator will become a very viable and balanced multiplayer power weapon. Most effective against large slow moving vehicles , like the scorpion, or a camping enemy of any type.

It is NOT in multiplayer. At all. Confirmed.

> > Please no. Just the idea of an orbital strike in any sort of Multiplayer game would be extremely broken.
>
> Sitri. Just stop. Its almost like you don’t even try to think how things can be balanced before ruling them out. The target locator would work awesome in multiplayer with a few simple tweaks.
>
> 1. Remove its ability to track moving targets.
>
> 2. Decrease the radius of effect/damage
>
> 3. Decrease the duration of the orbital strike
>
> 4. Slightly increase the time it takes to aquire a static target, and the time between acquiring and the actual strike.
>
> 5. Increase the brightness of the targeting laser an implement a change of color once a lock have been established. For example, a green laser while targeting and a red laser once locked. This would allow vigilant players in its targeting range to know there area is being targeted and escape before the incoming orbital volley.
>
>
> With these simple tweaks the Target Locator will become a very viable and balanced multiplayer power weapon. Most effective against large slow moving vehicles , like the scorpion, or a camping enemy of any type.

That would render it almost completely useless.

The only people going to get killed by that are the idiots that aren’t paying attention. Hardly worth the gamble of not being able to defend yourself while it’s charging.

Just… no.