Tank/Wraith hijack issues

Lets say you are driving a tank, this tank gets hijacked. In previous halo games you were able to shoot the attacker off by shooting a wall close to you due to the blast radius of your tank or wraith. In halo 5 this does not exist, you could engulf the attacker in the explosion of your tank or wraith shot and it will do nothing but damage your vehicle while your attacker plants a nade with ease. This has caused me much aggravation in warzone and arena. I have driven my wraith out of a garage just to have an enemy waiting to hijack me, and as I shoot the wall next to him nothing happens. Not only does this take away a basic halo tactic but it makes no sense what so ever, getting engulfed in a tank explosion while on the tank should be no different than taking the same hit while on the ground. If the tank or wraith takes damage from shooting the wall next to it, it makes absolutely no sense that the attacker takes no damage. Please fix this 343.

For the Wraith, this isn’t the end of the world since you can use your turboboost for an easy splatter kill.

For the Scorpion, it’s not as lucky. If the damn thing could have its turret turned in a different direction than the treads without making the treads auto-center to the turret, it would be so much easier to just drive away from the hijacker before they climb on…

good point maybe you should put this somewhere that 343i will see and add this to the next update.

Omg yes. This is one thing that does bug me. What the hell happened to the splash damage?

I think splash damage is still there but the Spartan who is boarding gets more health for some reason, I often get hitmarkers when boarded but never kill the boarding Spartan.

It also doesnt help that the tank is even hardier to control now and is as a slow as a turtle. You literally have no counter-offensive to mobile spartans

> 2533274799135257;6:
> It also doesnt help that the tank is even hardier to control now and is as a slow as a turtle. You literally have no counter-offensive to mobile spartans

And now that Spartans have sprint and the thruster means they have no issue reaching the poor tank. I remember the other week blowing up 5 scorpions in one he of warzone just by boarding because its so easy to do now.

> 2533274803562826;7:
> > 2533274799135257;6:
> > It also doesnt help that the tank is even hardier to control now and is as a slow as a turtle. You literally have no counter-offensive to mobile spartans
>
>
> And now that Spartans have sprint and the thruster means they have no issue reaching the poor tank. I remember the other week blowing up 5 scorpions in one he of warzone just by boarding because its so easy to do now.

Hell, I managed to board three in a row.

I miss the days when you had to punch the tank a few times before you could plant the grenade.

I agree. It’s really BS we can’t do this anymore. It wasn’t even imbalanced, you sacrificed your armour to save the tank.