tank hijacking

i was playin some of the old big team battle today in halo reach and was getting my self a pretty decent spree going in the scorpion tank when out of nowhere a crazy person came up from behind me in a mongoose then proceeded to get out of his or her mongoose and make their way towards my tank. despite my best efforts i couldnt stop this crazed lunatic from getting on top of my tank and hijacking me. whilst they were hijacking me i attempted to press the B button (i play BJ) in order to get out of my tank to kill them but alas i some how was unable to remove my self from my tank. this all being despite the fact that they had boarded me from the back of the tank and not the front which is were you get in and out the tank. so i am hoping that this is fixed for halo 4

No, you got into a tank. If you can’t stop someone from hijacking you, you should die with the tank.

It makes sense if their on the front because they could be holding the latch shut, keeping you in, but not when they’re on the back there’s nothing really forcing you to stay in the tank.

Do you ever wonder why it does that?
it keeps me up at night.

> Do you ever wonder why it does that?
> it keeps me up at night.

Same sucks doesn’t it :frowning:

Its to punish you for letting them board you. you should have gotten out sooner, or made your you had a (competent) teammate covering you. also if you were in first person, you wouldn’t even know they were there. so… you wouldn’t get out. keeps it… realistic.

lol @ making up justifications

Being used to Halo 2 and 3, I always was puzzled why I couldn’t leave my tank when boarded in Reach.

Although, I suppose it was for the sake of balance, but being so used to the old ways I still hold down that action button to get out with no effect.

> Its to punish you for letting them board you. you should have gotten out sooner, or made your you had a (competent) teammate covering you. also if you were in first person, you wouldn’t even know they were there. so… you wouldn’t get out. keeps it… realistic.
>
> lol @ making up justifications

ok so i figured i would eventually have to respond to someone in this thread that disagrees with me and congradulations you are that person. first of all it isnt realistic at all if they arent even remotely blocking me from getting out. also if the game was in first person for vehicles as well as walking i am pretty sure your tank hud would have a way of telling you that someone was aproaching from behind. in fact im sure it would be far more acurate then the normal motion sensor becuase it would have to counter act the fact that fps tank driving would be immensely difficult no mater what in this game, but that is far from the point of this discussion.

You can shoot people off with the main gun…

> You can shoot people off with the main gun…

Not in the one second it takes them to ram a nade up your exhaust pipe.

It’s for balance.

If you saw them come up in the mongoose, you should have gotten out before they had a chance to board you. I do that all the time. Usually, they enter the vehicle and then you board THEM and beat them out of it and take the vehicle back. It’s a balance thing.

> i was playin some of the old big team battle today in halo reach and was getting my self a pretty decent spree going in the scorpion tank when out of nowhere a crazy person came up from behind me in a mongoose then proceeded to get out of his or her mongoose and make their way towards my tank. despite my best efforts i couldnt stop this crazed lunatic from getting on top of my tank and hijacking me. whilst they were hijacking me i attempted to press the B button (i play BJ) in order to get out of my tank to kill them but alas i some how was unable to remove my self from my tank. this all being despite the fact that they had boarded me from the back of the tank and not the front which is were you get in and out the tank. so i am hoping that this is fixed for halo 4

I loled when I read, “crazy person” and “crazed lunatic” xD

But yeah, you should be able to get out of the vehicle while someone is hijacking you.

> You can shoot people off with the main gun…

thats another thing that just erks me. if i shoot someone from that close with the tank it should f me up, but for some reason it does nothing to me

I think you should have an extra few seconds while you are being hijacked.

It’s called balancing and it’s intentional. The tanks are utterly overpowered, if somebody got close enough to board you then they deserve the kill. Plus you can always shoot off hijackers by firing at a nearby wall, if you didn’t do this then it’s doubly deserved as you were in such a poor position/had terrible reflexes.

I’d like to only get stuck in my vehicle once the enemy has fully boarded. If they are still in the boarding action, then I want to be able to get out. As always, boarding from the rear is a faster action than from the front and the front can be shot anyways.

> It’s called balancing and it’s intentional. The tanks are utterly overpowered, if somebody got close enough to board you then they deserve the kill. Plus you can always shoot off hijackers by firing at a nearby wall, if you didn’t do this then it’s doubly deserved as you were in such a poor position/had terrible reflexes.

Balance? i’ll have you know that vehicle combat is extremely unbalanced in this game. perhaps more so than in any other halo. so dont tell me that balance is the issue becuase they are a long way from it being balanced again like it was in Halo 3’s BTB

That is not something that is working improperly.

If you get boarded in a super powerful vehicle it is your fault and you should not get a get out of jail free card. The win should go to the guy who boarded you.

Furthermore if you get boarded in a wraith you should not be able to look at the ground and shoot the guy off the top. You got boarded, that should be it. The wraith and tank don’t need extra advantages over foot soldiers, they have enough of them already.

Kinda like in BF3 when I attach C4 to a transport vehicle and kamikaze into tanks. But THAT is fun, and funny.

More to the point, Tanks are meant to be slow and cautious. You mess up you get boarded, end of story.