TAKING MONEY UNDER FALSE PRETENCE HMC

Most disappointing roll out of any game is the Halo Master Chief Collection. The nerve of putting this game out for sale in it’s current state. Consumer protection should take action on those responsible. After all multi-player is the main deal.

> 2535443320771264;1:
> Most disappointing roll out of any game is the Halo Master Chief Collection. The nerve of putting this game out for sale in it’s current state. Consumer protection should take action on those responsible. After all multi-player is the main deal.

/opinion

Yes, multiplayer is big and where you spend most of your time, but IMO campaign is the heart of the game. There’s certainly enough of it to spend your time on while 343i works on a fix.

What did you expect? There’s always teething problems with new games. Look at Assassin’s Creed Unity for example.

Dont worry dude, the 343i guys will sort it!

> 2533274972233335;3:
> What did you expect? There’s always teething problems with new games. Look at Assassin’s Creed Unity for example.
>
> Dont worry dude, the 343i guys will sort it!

This should not become the norm. Game devs are basically using false marketing and scams us out of money because they are either too stupid or just too dumb to do their jobs.

> 2533274822308412;4:
> > 2533274972233335;3:
> > What did you expect? There’s always teething problems with new games. Look at Assassin’s Creed Unity for example.
> >
> > Dont worry dude, the 343i guys will sort it!
>
>
> This should not become the norm. Game devs are basically using false marketing and scams us out of money because they are either too stupid or just too dumb to do their jobs.

Dude, do you not realise, it would be a scam, if they weren’t fixing it? They’re fixing it, so it isn’t a scam. -.-

SCAMMING us? Heck, I feel like with what DOES work, and how much effort they are putting into fixing it, I OWE them thirty more dollars.

> 2533274974033696;5:
> > 2533274822308412;4:
> > > 2533274972233335;3:
> > > What did you expect? There’s always teething problems with new games. Look at Assassin’s Creed Unity for example.
> > >
> > > Dont worry dude, the 343i guys will sort it!
> >
> >
> >
> > This should not become the norm. Game devs are basically using false marketing and scams us out of money because they are either too stupid or just too dumb to do their jobs.
>
>
> Dude, do you not realise, it would be a scam, if they weren’t fixing it? They’re fixing it, so it isn’t a scam. -.-
>
> SCAMMING us? Heck, I feel like with what DOES work, and how much effort they are putting into fixing it, I OWE them thirty more dollars.

I would be willing to pay 30 more dollars to fix it today.

Dude, they didn’t give us anything. They didn’t even sell us what they said they were going to sell us. I understand that it’s a huge product and that they worked hard, but you know what? It wasn’t enough. This isn’t some free game that they are giving away, it’s supposed to be a AAA title, the flagship game that was to put the Xbox One back into the competition with the PS4, but they completely messed it up by releasing it when it wasn’t ready to be released.

I completely believe that if they had delayed the game a month or two more, it would be the game you think it is, and the game I want it to be.

It’s not a justification to say that they are “fixing it”. First of all, they shouldn’t have to fix a brand new, less than 2 week old game! That’s completely ridiculous! Second, it’s almost been two weeks! If the game was anywhere near ready to be released, it would have been fixed by the second day, at the very most. Any popular game that launches is bound to have server overload issues (which is ridiculous in and of it self), but they are fixed within hours. Think Halo 3. Think Halo: Reach. Both of those games were completely functional within hours.

They’ve been “fixing it” for a good while now, and we haven’t (or at least I haven’t) seen any improvement. For a day or so it seemed like I could sort of play by myself and find games every 20 minutes or so, which is absurd considering I can get on the 360 and play Halo 3 and find a game within one minute.

I agree that it’s not OK to make threats and say terrible things about people because of this game, but it is completely appropriate to complain. Saying that what they’ve done is OK will just tell them that they can go ahead and do it again with Halo 5, which is why I won’t be buying it. Maybe they’ll understand it then.

> 2659938529934783;6:
> > 2533274974033696;5:
> > > 2533274822308412;4:
> > > > 2533274972233335;3:
> > > > What did you expect? There’s always teething problems with new games. Look at Assassin’s Creed Unity for example.
> > > >
> > > > Dont worry dude, the 343i guys will sort it!
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > This should not become the norm. Game devs are basically using false marketing and scams us out of money because they are either too stupid or just too dumb to do their jobs.
> >
> >
> >
> > Dude, do you not realise, it would be a scam, if they weren’t fixing it? They’re fixing it, so it isn’t a scam. -.-
> >
> > SCAMMING us? Heck, I feel like with what DOES work, and how much effort they are putting into fixing it, I OWE them thirty more dollars.
>
>
> I would be willing to pay 30 more dollars to fix it today.
>
> Dude, they didn’t give us anything. They didn’t even sell us what they said they were going to sell us. I understand that it’s a huge product and that they worked hard, but you know what? It wasn’t enough. This isn’t some free game that they are giving away, it’s supposed to be a AAA title, the flagship game that was to put the Xbox One back into the competition with the PS4, but they completely messed it up by releasing it when it wasn’t ready to be released.
>
> I completely believe that if they had delayed the game a month or two more, it would be the game you think it is, and the game I want it to be.
>
> It’s not a justification to say that they are “fixing it”. First of all, they shouldn’t have to fix a brand new, less than 2 week old game! That’s completely ridiculous! Second, it’s almost been two weeks! If the game was anywhere near ready to be released, it would have been fixed by the second day, at the very most. Any popular game that launches is bound to have server overload issues (which is ridiculous in and of it self), but they are fixed within hours. Think Halo 3. Think Halo: Reach. Both of those games were completely functional within hours.
>
> They’ve been “fixing it” for a good while now, and we haven’t (or at least I haven’t) seen any improvement. For a day or so it seemed like I could sort of play by myself and find games every 20 minutes or so, which is absurd considering I can get on the 360 and play Halo 3 and find a game within one minute.
>
> I agree that it’s not OK to make threats and say terrible things about people because of this game, but it is completely appropriate to complain. Saying that what they’ve done is OK will just tell them that they can go ahead and do it again with Halo 5, which is why I won’t be buying it. Maybe they’ll understand it then.

I’ve seen legitimate improvement. At launch, I couldn’t get in a match. Now, I can get in a match, the party stays together after match, and I manage to get 3-4 more matches in.

Their constant updates is giving hope, keeping us informed.

Halo 5 will obviously not have these troubles, as it is a smaller project. Halo 4 already showed they can release a functional one-game.

And there is a difference between complaining, and essentially death threats. You can complain, but be respectful about it. You can inform them they’ve done wrong, without insulting them profusely.

> 2533274822308412;4:
> > 2533274972233335;3:
> > What did you expect? There’s always teething problems with new games. Look at Assassin’s Creed Unity for example.
> >
> > Dont worry dude, the 343i guys will sort it!
>
>
> This should not become the norm. Game devs are basically using false marketing and scams us out of money because they are either too stupid or just too dumb to do their jobs.

And yet you bought the game without first looking into the product you were buying? 343 messed up pretty hard, but dont act like they forced you to buy the game without waiting for some reviews and reports about the state of the game. Pot calling the kettle.

> 2535443320771264;1:
> Most disappointing roll out of any game is the Halo Master Chief Collection. The nerve of putting this game out for sale in it’s current state. Consumer protection should take action on those responsible. After all multi-player is the main deal.

Agreed 100%, it’s time for customers to stop paying (with their hard earned money) condescending companies to beta test their crappy, cheap & broken games. You paid money and you invest your spare time to play a quality, working game. Not to waste your days & week beta testing (something that should always be done way before the release date), hoping to find a simple matchmaking game.

This is just plain insulting.

> 2533274816948573;9:
> > 2535443320771264;1:
> > Most disappointing roll out of any game is the Halo Master Chief Collection. The nerve of putting this game out for sale in it’s current state. Consumer protection should take action on those responsible. After all multi-player is the main deal.
>
>
> Agreed 100%, it’s time for customers to stop paying (with their hard earned money) condescending companies to beta test their crappy, cheap & broken games. You paid money and you invest your spare time to play a quality, working game. Not to waste your days & week beta testing (something that should always be done way before the release date), hoping to find a simple matchmaking game.
>
> This is just plain insulting.

Oh please. Nothing is wrong with what companies are doing. They will fix it(PUTTING IN MORE EFFORT THAN THEY WOULD’VE, WHEN FIXING IT BEFORE RELEASE), so if anything, the pure service alone is payment for what has happened.

Be patient, it will be fixed, then everyone will be happy.

But for now, people like you insulting, complaining, and outright overreacting just makes EVERYONE feel very bitter and negative - you, 343I, and countless readers.

> 2533274974033696;5:
> > 2533274822308412;4:
> > > 2533274972233335;3:
> > > What did you expect? There’s always teething problems with new games. Look at Assassin’s Creed Unity for example.
> > >
> > > Dont worry dude, the 343i guys will sort it!
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > This should not become the norm. Game devs are basically using false marketing and scams us out of money because they are either too stupid or just too dumb to do their jobs.
>
>
>
> Dude, do you not realise, it would be a scam, if they weren’t fixing it? They’re fixing it, so it isn’t a scam. -.-
>
> SCAMMING us? Heck, I feel like with what DOES work, and how much effort they are putting into fixing it, I OWE them thirty more dollars.

One of the most-ridiculous things I’ve ever read.
This is the equivalent of somebody stealing your wallet, you catching them, and them returning it to you with the cash missing. The thief then says he’ll work to get you your money back. You see them working extremely hard, so you feel the need to give them $30 for their troubles.

Does that honestly make sense to you?

You’ll be getting what you should’ve had all along (a wallet with all its contents), minus the inconvenience factor of not having your wallet for an unspecified amount of time, yet you feel the need to offer compensation for the culprit’s trouble?
Laughable.

> 2533274846978810;2:
> > 2535443320771264;1:
> > Most disappointing roll out of any game is the Halo Master Chief Collection. The nerve of putting this game out for sale in it’s current state. Consumer protection should take action on those responsible. After all multi-player is the main deal.
>
>
> /opinion
>
> Yes, multiplayer is big and where you spend most of your time, but IMO campaign is the heart of the game. There’s certainly enough of it to spend your time on while 343i works on a fix.

I’d agree with you there if it wasn’t for the fact both the campaigns, forge also have issues too.

> 2717573882290994;11:
> > 2533274974033696;5:
> > > 2533274822308412;4:
> > > > 2533274972233335;3:
> > > > What did you expect? There’s always teething problems with new games. Look at Assassin’s Creed Unity for example.
> > > >
> > > > Dont worry dude, the 343i guys will sort it!
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > This should not become the norm. Game devs are basically using false marketing and scams us out of money because they are either too stupid or just too dumb to do their jobs.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Dude, do you not realise, it would be a scam, if they weren’t fixing it? They’re fixing it, so it isn’t a scam. -.-
> >
> > SCAMMING us? Heck, I feel like with what DOES work, and how much effort they are putting into fixing it, I OWE them thirty more dollars.
>
>
> One of the most-ridiculous things I’ve ever read.
> This is the equivalent of somebody stealing your wallet, you catching them, and them returning it to you with the cash missing. The thief then says he’ll work to get you your money back. You see them working extremely hard, so you feel the need to give them $30 for their troubles.
>
> Does that honestly make sense to you?
>
> You’ll be getting what you should’ve had all along (a wallet with all its contents), minus the inconvenience factor of not having your wallet for an unspecified amount of time, yet you feel the need to offer compensation for the culprit’s trouble?
> Laughable.

That is different.

343 Industries is a professional business company, with families, stresses, worry, and work on Halo 5.

They deserve compensation for SOMEHOW managing to work in an atmosphere of extreme pessimism. If I were 343I, I would’ve given up and quit already. Such careless fans.

> 2533274974033696;13:
> > 2717573882290994;11:
> > > 2533274974033696;5:
> > > > 2533274822308412;4:
> > > > > 2533274972233335;3:
> > > > > What did you expect? There’s always teething problems with new games. Look at Assassin’s Creed Unity for example.
> > > > >
> > > > > Dont worry dude, the 343i guys will sort it!
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > This should not become the norm. Game devs are basically using false marketing and scams us out of money because they are either too stupid or just too dumb to do their jobs.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Dude, do you not realise, it would be a scam, if they weren’t fixing it? They’re fixing it, so it isn’t a scam. -.-
> > >
> > > SCAMMING us? Heck, I feel like with what DOES work, and how much effort they are putting into fixing it, I OWE them thirty more dollars.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > One of the most-ridiculous things I’ve ever read.
> > This is the equivalent of somebody stealing your wallet, you catching them, and them returning it to you with the cash missing. The thief then says he’ll work to get you your money back. You see them working extremely hard, so you feel the need to give them $30 for their troubles.
> >
> > Does that honestly make sense to you?
> >
> > You’ll be getting what you should’ve had all along (a wallet with all its contents), minus the inconvenience factor of not having your wallet for an unspecified amount of time, yet you feel the need to offer compensation for the culprit’s trouble?
> > Laughable.
>
>
>
>
> That is different.
>
> 343 Industries is a professional business company, with families, stresses, worry, and work on Halo 5.
>
> They deserve compensation for SOMEHOW managing to work in an atmosphere of extreme pessimism. If I were 343I, I would’ve given up and quit already. Such careless fans.

No; this is not different.
My example is almost identical to the situation we’re in.
Your deal/understanding with a random person in the street is for them to not take anything of yours, and you nothing of theirs.
This is equal to giving $60 for what MCC was advertised to be. Everything is even. You give nothing, you get nothing. You give something, you get something of equal value. The MCC is valued at $60.

After taking your money, 343 is working hard to potentially give you what they promised to give you when you paid in the first place.
Why is this to be praised or even appreciated?
They’re not giving you anything above and beyond what you expected when you gave them $60.
This isn’t a favour, it’s a requirement.

You got your wallet back (Campaign), but you have to wait for the cash (MP). Once your money is finally returned (MP is working), you will have your wallet and cash back, and you’ll be back to where you should’ve been all along ($60 for an “as advertised” working MCC). Again, why is this a favour?
Do you really want to compensate this person for working so hard to get you your cash back?

> 2533274846978810;2:
> > 2535443320771264;1:
>
>
> /opinion
>
> Yes, multiplayer is big and where you spend most of your time, but IMO campaign is the heart of the game. There’s certainly enough of it to spend your time on while 343i works on a fix.

you could already play all those campaigns BEFORE this release, WITHOUT the loads of bugs this piece of -Yoink- has.
People like you make them get away with stuff like this, screw gaming, really

> 2717573882290994;14:
> > 2533274974033696;13:
> > > 2717573882290994;11:
> > > > 2533274974033696;5:
> > > > > 2533274822308412;4:
> > > > > > 2533274972233335;3:
> > > > > > What did you expect? There’s always teething problems with new games. Look at Assassin’s Creed Unity for example.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Dont worry dude, the 343i guys will sort it!
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > This should not become the norm. Game devs are basically using false marketing and scams us out of money because they are either too stupid or just too dumb to do their jobs.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Dude, do you not realise, it would be a scam, if they weren’t fixing it? They’re fixing it, so it isn’t a scam. -.-
> > > >
> > > > SCAMMING us? Heck, I feel like with what DOES work, and how much effort they are putting into fixing it, I OWE them thirty more dollars.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > One of the most-ridiculous things I’ve ever read.
> > > This is the equivalent of somebody stealing your wallet, you catching them, and them returning it to you with the cash missing. The thief then says he’ll work to get you your money back. You see them working extremely hard, so you feel the need to give them $30 for their troubles.
> > >
> > > Does that honestly make sense to you?
> > >
> > > You’ll be getting what you should’ve had all along (a wallet with all its contents), minus the inconvenience factor of not having your wallet for an unspecified amount of time, yet you feel the need to offer compensation for the culprit’s trouble?
> > > Laughable.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > That is different.
> >
> > 343 Industries is a professional business company, with families, stresses, worry, and work on Halo 5.
> >
> > They deserve compensation for SOMEHOW managing to work in an atmosphere of extreme pessimism. If I were 343I, I would’ve given up and quit already. Such careless fans.
>
>
> No; this is not different.
> My example is almost identical to the situation we’re in.
> Your deal/understanding with a random person in the street is for them to not take anything of yours, and you nothing of theirs.
> This is equal to giving $60 for what MCC was advertised to be. Everything is even. You give nothing, you get nothing. You give something, you get something of equal value. The MCC is valued at $60.
>
> After taking your money, 343 is working hard to potentially give you what they promised to give you when you paid in the first place.
> Why is this to be praised or even appreciated?
> They’re not giving you anything above and beyond what you expected when you gave them $60.
> This isn’t a favour, it’s a requirement.
>
> You got your wallet back (Campaign), but you have to wait for the cash (MP). Once your money is finally returned (MP is working), you will have your wallet and cash back, and you’ll be back to where you should’ve been all along ($60 for an “as advertised” working MCC). Again, why is this a favour?
> Do you really want to compensate this person for working so hard to get you your cash back?

Yes. If they fixed it BEFORE release, they wouldn’t have to deal with all the criticism. Criticism can be VERY, VERY painful, in certain circumstances.

But they are probably stressing over it now, generally feeling uncomfortable - all for us.

Also, too be fair, we assumed that it would work. At no point in any announcement did they say “Hey, guess what guys? THIS WILL WORK! Yes, Yes, I know - very unexpected!”. At no point did they guarantee it would work.

> 2710872097148217;15:
> > 2533274846978810;2:
> > > 2535443320771264;1:
> > > Most disappointing roll out of any game is the Halo Master Chief Collection. The nerve of putting this game out for sale in it’s current state. Consumer protection should take action on those responsible. After all multi-player is the main deal.
> >
> >
> >
> > /opinion
> >
> > Yes, multiplayer is big and where you spend most of your time, but IMO campaign is the heart of the game. There’s certainly enough of it to spend your time on while 343i works on a fix.
>
>
> you could already play all those campaigns BEFORE this release, WITHOUT the loads of bugs this piece of -Yoink- has.
> People like you make them get away with stuff like this, screw gaming, really

People like you just make everyone (Yourself, readers, and 343I) feel negative and bitter.

The glitches and such can be mostly looked over.

> 2533274974033696;16:
> > 2717573882290994;14:
> > > 2533274974033696;13:
> > > > 2717573882290994;11:
> > > > > 2533274974033696;5:
> > > > > > 2533274822308412;4:
> > > > > > > 2533274972233335;3:
> > > > > > > What did you expect? There’s always teething problems with new games. Look at Assassin’s Creed Unity for example.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Dont worry dude, the 343i guys will sort it!
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > This should not become the norm. Game devs are basically using false marketing and scams us out of money because they are either too stupid or just too dumb to do their jobs.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Dude, do you not realise, it would be a scam, if they weren’t fixing it? They’re fixing it, so it isn’t a scam. -.-
> > > > >
> > > > > SCAMMING us? Heck, I feel like with what DOES work, and how much effort they are putting into fixing it, I OWE them thirty more dollars.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > One of the most-ridiculous things I’ve ever read.
> > > > This is the equivalent of somebody stealing your wallet, you catching them, and them returning it to you with the cash missing. The thief then says he’ll work to get you your money back. You see them working extremely hard, so you feel the need to give them $30 for their troubles.
> > > >
> > > > Does that honestly make sense to you?
> > > >
> > > > You’ll be getting what you should’ve had all along (a wallet with all its contents), minus the inconvenience factor of not having your wallet for an unspecified amount of time, yet you feel the need to offer compensation for the culprit’s trouble?
> > > > Laughable.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > That is different.
> > >
> > > 343 Industries is a professional business company, with families, stresses, worry, and work on Halo 5.
> > >
> > > They deserve compensation for SOMEHOW managing to work in an atmosphere of extreme pessimism. If I were 343I, I would’ve given up and quit already. Such careless fans.
> >
> >
> >
> > No; this is not different.
> > My example is almost identical to the situation we’re in.
> > Your deal/understanding with a random person in the street is for them to not take anything of yours, and you nothing of theirs.
> > This is equal to giving $60 for what MCC was advertised to be. Everything is even. You give nothing, you get nothing. You give something, you get something of equal value. The MCC is valued at $60.
> >
> > After taking your money, 343 is working hard to potentially give you what they promised to give you when you paid in the first place.
> > Why is this to be praised or even appreciated?
> > They’re not giving you anything above and beyond what you expected when you gave them $60.
> > This isn’t a favour, it’s a requirement.
> >
> > You got your wallet back (Campaign), but you have to wait for the cash (MP). Once your money is finally returned (MP is working), you will have your wallet and cash back, and you’ll be back to where you should’ve been all along ($60 for an “as advertised” working MCC). Again, why is this a favour?
> > Do you really want to compensate this person for working so hard to get you your cash back?
>
>
> …
>
> Also, too be fair, we assumed that it would work. At no point in any announcement did they say “Hey, guess what guys? THIS WILL WORK! Yes, Yes, I know - very unexpected!”. At no point did they guarantee it would work.

Is that really the argument you’re going to present?
Wow. Why are your consumer standards so disgustingly low?

When a product is marketed and sold, the manufacturer/developer is indirectly telling you that it will work.
It doesn’t have to specify ‘and this actually works!’ on the box. Yes, we assume it will work… because that’s the law when selling a product.
I assume multi-billion dollar companies will follow the law, yes.
You can’t sell something that doesn’t work as advertised.

And in direct response to your argument anyway, I clearly remember Dan starting that I’d be able to play the original H2 MP. Nope. I actually can’t play anything except custom games or forge… BY MYSELF.

lol when halo2 came out it had the same problem. look at that. its a legendary game.

> 2535462036405610;19:
> lol when halo2 came out it had the same problem. look at that. its a legendary game.

Nope.
I had Halo 2 day 1 and it was nothing even close to this.
I also had 3 day 1. Nope.
Reach? Nope.
I had better playability with CE over XBConnect, and I’m in Canada, than I’ve had on MCC.

Stop making excuses.

Even IF Halo 2 was just as bad, that doesn’t make MCC acceptable. As a matter of fact, it’d be even worse if 343 didn’t learn from an error ten years ago.