taking customization a step further

Ok in reach armor customization was realy good. From choosing the visor to making it a party when I die. It was the only reason I even played the online matches. But could we take it a step further.
so here is what i think sould be added.

1.Belts
Belts were in reach but only with certain chest pieces. I think they sould be their own piece all together

2.Polishes
These would be what makes your spartan armor look a little different.
EX
War torn:Armor has scratches and visor is cracked
brand new:you armor has no flaw in looks and is a little shiny
Rusted:Armor is rusted but still works.
you get the point

3.Giving the things on your helmet something to do
You know those things that you can put on your helmet to make it look a little different. well what if they did something. Like a flashlight or a moving piece
ex
UA/CNM:When you zoom a plate covers your vizor. instead of flashlight you get a red dot.
UA/HUL:When you zoom you can see friendly way-points. Instead of flashlight you get a see able radar (where if you turn it on you see pulses coming from you like your radar pulse even showing thin outlines of things on your radar (not enemy ones))

1. Make it so there are rewards for doing things.
    Ok COD is a top dog now because it rewards the player for doing almost nothing. While in halo you dont get a reward at all even tho you work extremely hard.
    A simple reward would be unlocking armor by doing challenges in game.

do you agree?

As long as the armor doesn’t effect gameplay. The Zooming in thing is cool and creative, but people should be on an even playing field at the start, thats what Halo was until Reach. As for the rewards system, i’m fine with armor bonuses as long as the Reach ranking system is gone for good.

> Ok COD is a top dog now because it rewards the player for doing almost nothing. While in halo you dont get a reward at all even tho you work extremely hard.
> A simple reward would be unlocking armor by doing challenges in game.

So you’re one of those people. Lets give everybody a trophy because they participated. Oh don’t worry that you came in last here’s your trophy. Really, why should you be rewarded for doing nothing. Who cares about customization in Halo. It doesn’t do anything. If you enjoy playing the game then play it, but you’re not getting a trophy for your effort or lack there of.

i like the idea of adding more customization to halo and generally agree with the things you said. A big point: halo fans need to get over their closed view of gameplay. It needs to change and evolve, and adopting new gameplay ideas that CoD and BF happen to implement is not “copying”.

> Ok in reach armor customization was realy good. From choosing the visor to making it a party when I die. It was the only reason I even played the online matches. But could we take it a step further.
> so here is what i think sould be added.
>
> 1.Belts
> Belts were in reach but only with certain chest pieces. I think they sould be their own piece all together
>
> 2.Polishes
> These would be what makes your spartan armor look a little different.
> EX
> War torn:Armor has scratches and visor is cracked
> brand new:you armor has no flaw in looks and is a little shiny
> Rusted:Armor is rusted but still works.
> you get the point
>
> 3.Giving the things on your helmet something to do
> You know those things that you can put on your helmet to make it look a little different. well what if they did something. Like a flashlight or a moving piece
> ex
> UA/CNM:When you zoom a plate covers your vizor. instead of flashlight you get a red dot.
> UA/HUL:When you zoom you can see friendly way-points. Instead of flashlight you get a see able radar (where if you turn it on you see pulses coming from you like your radar pulse even showing thin outlines of things on your radar (not enemy ones))
>
> 4. Make it so there are rewards for doing things.
> Ok COD is a top dog now because it rewards the player for doing almost nothing. While in halo you dont get a reward at all even tho you work extremely hard.
> A simple reward would be unlocking armor by doing challenges in game.
> do you agree?

the only good ones wer the first two. Being able to make your armor war torn or rusted or new would be sweet.

I’m going to add belts and the rust armor to my thread if you don’t mind.

that sounds cool i would like to see the helmet functions in firefight

> > Ok COD is a top dog now because it rewards the player for doing almost nothing. While in halo you dont get a reward at all even tho you work extremely hard.
> > A simple reward would be unlocking armor by doing challenges in game.
>
> So you’re one of those people. Lets give everybody a trophy because they participated. Oh don’t worry that you came in last here’s your trophy. Really, why should you be rewarded for doing nothing. Who cares about customization in Halo. It doesn’t do anything. If you enjoy playing the game then play it, but you’re not getting a trophy for your effort or lack there of.

wtf are you talking about?
I clearly said “would be unlocking armor by doing challenges in game”
meaning if you kill so and so people you get this
or you manage to get a perfection.

I never said it be a reward for doing nothing.

and also customization helps define you as a player of the game. Sure a games ment to be played and have fun but putting yourself in game is a great way to get immersed.

I am a custimization freak and I love the first 2 ideas, the third I dont think would work very well, cool idea though.
The third, I guess you are sortof referring to the halo 3 method? where unlocking special achievements rewarded you with armour, because I like this system, but it should be mixed with the cr system from reach.