Taking a Note from Gears

Ok. Lets face it. Halo is and has never been a true fast pace game. Now thats not a bad thing and to many halo players like me it won’t ever be, but for halo to thrive we need constantly active players which give the game company money to make sure it stays at its best. This is where its a bad thing. For most of the new (We All hate) or mid (The time when the new grows a brain and is liked) generation fast pace gaming is needed to keep the game lively and fun. Making them more active in the future for the franchise. But some say halo should take a note from CoD on how to do this. Um… Last I checked most halo fans hate CoD in every way. SO whats a way to keep it halo, fast paced, and what we all play games for (dramatic pause) fun. Take a note from the xbox second hand or as we know, Gears of War. Its fast pace, fun, and always keeps to how it plays. In a lot of ways its halo’s little brother. But some times the older sibling learns something from there little head ache. S now after saying some random stuff that probably ether made you hate me or love me Heres what I got.

The Notes
Ok these are minor things I took from reach and gave it some gear lessons.

Charge:Much like sprint but you got to crouch to do it. Its only slightly faster then walking but still works for staying in cover. Getting from cover to cover with your head down also helps. In Logic: We are wearing a million dollar suit thats heavy, Really heavy. SO instead f sprinting that makes your body tired very fast a charge. The charge uses leg muscles in a muscle tightened saving energy and making it easy to run with a heavy load on your body.

Evade:Yes this was in reach but was used souley as a means to counter sprint. It was rarely used to get to cover and prioritised speed. I think evade should be brought back but in shorter burst this way its not used for speed but for getting to cover. In Logic: Like above your a guy or girl in a million dollar suit thats heavy, really heavy. How are we flying 90 MPH in reach. I think this evade makes seance and keeps you on your toes when you need cover.

More cover on really small maps: Ok there are a ton of small maps on reach that have little cover making instant head shots from one side to the other ridiculous. There’s little chance of one team making it out on some. This is bad because spawn killing is made so easy. In Logic: Small map-Cover=Bad JuJu. Small Map+Cover= Good Coffee

While these may seem small and may not do a lot to halo to some as we have seen some changed no matter how small always gain something good or bad.

Weapons?
OK I know were trying to stay on game play but don’t weapons change gameplay too?

Civilian weapons: Ok in halo you ether got covie or unsc weapons. Never have we seen rebel or civilian weapons. I know it seems odd were getting this from gears but they have a new gun called “The Sawed-Off” thats from there civilian class the “Stranded”. Yet we have seen nothing but army class weapons in halo. Even thouw we have worked next to civilian fighters before. All I ask is add something a angry grama would use. Maybe a hunting rifle or a small weaker pistol. or a sawed-off shot gun… just sayin.

OK thats all I gotta say for now. Tell me what you think in a comment bellow or suggest something that could help.

A cover system would come in handy.

i think they should just keep it halo and make it FUNNER!

fast paced isn’t what makes games funner…

Halo reach was actually meant to be slow paced incase you didn’t know.

Halo 2, anyone?
EDIT: Also, I used evade to get to cover all the time. Just because some people you play with don’t use it for that reason, doesn’t mean no one does.

> i think they should just keep it halo and make it FUNNER!
>
> fast paced isn’t what makes games funner…
>
> Halo reach was actually meant to be slow paced incase you didn’t know.

Notice all I added were small things that would help towards making it a little more fast paced
and notice how I had given reasons for it
Please read the entire section before making a statement

> Ok. Lets face it. Halo is and has never been a true fast pace game. Now thats not a bad thing and to many halo players like me it won’t ever be, but for halo to thrive we need constantly active players which give the game company money to make sure it stays at its best. This is where its a bad thing. For most of the new (We All hate) or mid (The time when the new grows a brain and is liked) generation fast pace gaming is needed to keep the game lively and fun. Making them more active in the future for the franchise. But some say halo should take a note from CoD on how to do this. Um… Last I checked most halo fans hate CoD in every way. SO whats a way to keep it halo, fast paced, and what we all play games for (dramatic pause) fun. Take a note from the xbox second hand or as we know, Gears of War. Its fast pace, fun, and always keeps to how it plays. In a lot of ways its halo’s little brother. But some times the older sibling learns something from there little head ache. S now after saying some random stuff that probably ether made you hate me or love me Heres what I got.
>
> The Notes
> Ok these are minor things I took from reach and gave it some gear lessons.
>
> Charge:Much like sprint but you got to crouch to do it. Its only slightly faster then walking but still works for staying in cover. Getting from cover to cover with your head down also helps. In Logic: We are wearing a million dollar suit thats heavy, Really heavy. SO instead f sprinting that makes your body tired very fast a charge. The charge uses leg muscles in a muscle tightened saving energy and making it easy to run with a heavy load on your body.
>
> Evade:Yes this was in reach but was used souley as a means to counter sprint. It was rarely used to get to cover and prioritised speed. I think evade should be brought back but in shorter burst this way its not used for speed but for getting to cover. In Logic: Like above your a guy or girl in a million dollar suit thats heavy, really heavy. How are we flying 90 MPH in reach. I think this evade makes seance and keeps you on your toes when you need cover.
>
> More cover on really small maps: Ok there are a ton of small maps on reach that have little cover making instant head shots from one side to the other ridiculous. There’s little chance of one team making it out on some. This is bad because spawn killing is made so easy. In Logic: Small map-Cover=Bad JuJu. Small Map+Cover= Good Coffee
>
> While these may seem small and may not do a lot to halo to some as we have seen some changed no matter how small always gain something good or bad.
>
> Weapons?
> OK I know were trying to stay on game play but don’t weapons change gameplay too?
>
> Civilian weapons: Ok in halo you ether got covie or unsc weapons. Never have we seen rebel or civilian weapons. I know it seems odd were getting this from gears but they have a new gun called “The Sawed-Off” thats from there civilian class the “Stranded”. Yet we have seen nothing but army class weapons in halo. Even thouw we have worked next to civilian fighters before. All I ask is add something a angry grama would use. Maybe a hunting rifle or a small weaker pistol. or a sawed-off shot gun… just sayin.
>
>
>
> OK thats all I gotta say for now. Tell me what you think in a comment bellow or suggest something that could help.

Yea! Let’s turn Halo into Gears of Halo! That would be so unique and original, why didn’t 343 ever think of that already?

When Gears first came out I use to think that it would be cool if Halo also had some type of cover system, but after years of playing Halo I know that wouldn’t be the case. Halo is known for being a fast run-and-gun styled shooter, and having a cover mechanic would probably dramatically slow down gameplay, like armor lock did.

Though I wouldn’t mind seeing the reload mechanic worked into Halo, I’m surprised it hasn’t carried over to more shooters.

> A cover system would come in handy.

If they add cover system to Halo, I’ll stop playing.

> Halo reach was actually meant to be slow paced incase you didn’t know.

We know and it wasn’t fun

> Last I checked most halo fans hate CoD in every way.

Last I checked that’s a opinion. Not a fact.
Can you give us your source’s that says most Halo fans hate Call of Duty. It seems like you’re basing it off of Bungie.net, and this site. Which are the minority of the Halo community/population.

<strong><strong>I’m a Halo fan, and I like Call of Duty.</strong></strong>