Taking a break from the Halo 5 forums

Back when Halo 4 released, it received a ton of backlash because it was different than any Halo before it. The forums were full of toxic, salty people who would violently attack you if you even slightly supported Halo 4 or 343.

Well guess what? The same thing is happening with Halo 5. While there is certainly more positive criticism than there was before, this is mostly what I am seeing on these forums:

1. UGH, I am getting dominated in social playlists. I hate how all the tryhards came here even though this ALWAYS happens in social playlists. I still think this shouldn’t be happening! I hate 343!
  2. WHY AM I BANNED?! I only quit 19 out of 20 times! This is stupid and so is 343!
  3. People always steal Warzone bosses! I am so sick of it and I am sick of 343!
  4. I hate Warzone and I hate 343.
  5. Yay, 343 brought us Forge! Too bad the controls are different, therefore I hate it and I hate 343!
  6. (Insert your own mindless complaint here)

Only the third point has actually received some ideas for improvement, but for the most part people just whine and complain about Halo 5. I am constantly reminded how “horrible” it is, how people are going back to Halo: Reach, and how 343 has officially “killed” Halo. I loved Halo 4 and I was bashed for liking it. I love Halo 5 and now I am being bashed all over again.

I have tried over and over again to bring a positive atmosphere to these forums, but I can see that it’s a lost cause. Too many toxic “Halo” fans bash 343 and Halo 5 even though Halo 5 is really a great game and 343 is trying to do what they can to bring us a great experience.

Could I have just left these forums and nobody would have cared? Oh yeah, I definitely say so. But I want people to realize that mindless complaining isn’t going to solve anything and it gets quite annoying and depressing too. Every time I come to these forums, my enjoyment for Halo 5 decreases because of all the toxic forum posts I see. So just like Halo 4, I am going to avoid the forums entirely and wait until the haters are gone which I hope will be soon. Anyways, see you later guys! I hope these forums become a positive atmosphere sometime soon.

> 2533274850519091;1:
> Back when Halo 4 released, it received a ton of backlash because it was different than any Halo before it. The forums were full of toxic, salty people who would violently attack you if you even slightly supported Halo 4 or 343.
>
> Well guess what? The same thing is happening with Halo 5. While there is certainly more positive criticism than there was before, this mostly what I am seeing on these forums:
>
> 1. UGH, I am getting dominated in social playlists. I hate how all the tryhards came here even though this ALWAYS happens in social playlists. I still think this shouldn’t be happening! I hate 343!
> 2. WHY AM I BANNED?! I only quit 19 out of 20 times! This is stupid and so is 343!
> 3. People always steal Warzone bosses! I am so sick of it and I am sick of 343!
> 4. I hate Warzone and I hate 343.
> 5. Yay, 343 brought us Forge! Too bad the controls are different, therefore I hate it and I hate 343!
> 6. (Insert your own mindless complaint here)
>
> Only the third point has actually received some ideas for improvement, but for the most part people just whine and complain about Halo 5. I am constantly reminded how “horrible” it is, how people are going back to Halo: Reach, and how 343 has officially “killed” Halo. I loved Halo 4 and I was bashed for liking it. I love Halo 5 and now I am being bashed all over again.
>
> I have tried over and over again to bring a positive atmosphere to these forums, but I can see that it’s a lost cause. Too many toxic “Halo” fans bash 343 and Halo 5 even though Halo 5 is really a great game and 343 is trying to do what they can to bring us a great experience.
>
> Could I have just left these forums and nobody would have cared? Oh yeah, I definitely say so. But I want people to realize that mindless complaining isn’t going to solve anything and it gets quite annoying and depressing too. Every time I come to these forums, my enjoyment for Halo 5 decreases because of all the toxic forum posts I see. So just like Halo 4, I am going to avoid the forums entirely and wait until the haters are gone which I hope will be soon. Anyways, see you later guys! I hope these forums become a positive atmosphere sometime soon.

the forge controls and boss stealing is a legitimate concern. the boss reward system is so unrewarding. and the forge controls are literal trash.

If an Mediocre Game like Destiny, is one of the most played/Popular Shooter nowdays(let not forget CoD) , you certainly should know something runs wrong in this World. And yeah like you say. This Community have gotten very toxic the past Years. But which Community not, internet itself is toxic nowdays…

You just now realize this? This happens on every game forum and believe it or not has been happening since the release of Halo 2. People were angry over the change of the pistol, the introduction of dual-wield, and tons of other things. I wasn’t on the forums for that release, but when Halo 3 came out I can tell you the backlash was crazy. Armor abilities, equipment, a new ranking system based on how much you played, weapon imbalance, etc. It was all hated and posted about on the forums. It’s like this and it’s not going to change, this is a forum, a place where people can vent their frustrations with the game.

BTW why would people care if one person left the forums?

I agree, although I’m not sure if this thread is actually helping or not. I do think that the community has taken a bad turn and I’m hoping it turns around eventually. I think after the new year some people will move on to other games and maybe these boards can be rejuvenated with people that actually care about the series and like talking about the game. I called it the other day before the update…I knew people were going to lose it, but hopefully it calms down now and people really start enjoying the game for what it is.

So how do you feel about other people saying those who want more variety in Warzone bosses are entitled crybabies or the how people who want a small amount of RP for playing Forge are entitled crybabies? Here you are talking about how the haters are salty and toxic, yet you seem perfectly content with not even addressing the other end of the spectrum of people who bash anybody who makes any suggestion. I think both ends are bad and lead to a bad community experience, but your “I’m leaving” thread doesn’t help anything.

> 2533274812652989;6:
> So how do you feel about other people saying those who want more variety in Warzone bosses are entitled crybabies or the how people who want a small amount of RP for playing Forge are entitled crybabies? Here you are talking about how the haters are salty and toxic, yet you seem perfectly content with not even addressing the other end of the spectrum of people who bash anybody who makes any suggestion. I think both ends are bad and lead to a bad community experience, but your “I’m leaving” thread doesn’t help anything.

Pretty much this. Complaining about it makes you part of the problem. It’s essentially no different than the gripes themselves.

And these forums are no more or less toxic than any other game forum, or previous release of Halo. I was on Bnet during H3 and Reach, and was here for H4, MCC, and H5. It’s essentially the same, only the names change.