Take the REQ System Out of Halo

I am an avid fan of Halo, I’ve read most of the books, I’ve been to every midnight release since Halo 2, I have purchased every top-tier version of the game, and I have played countless hours of the game. I love the lore, I love the story and the characters, and honestly, I really enjoyed the story in Halo 5. But beyond anything, I hate the Halo 5 REQ. System.

I paid $250.00 for Halo 5, I have the statue and it’s awesome, but why is everything for my Spartan, behind a pay-wall? The REQ. systems took an extra $500,000 away from it’s fan base this past week. What the hell? How is this acceptable? I am all for paying for something good, but all these armour pieces should not be locked behind a pay-wall. The more XP earned, the more armour and weapon mods should be available, I never thought I would tell Halo this, but “be more like Battlefield, you idiot.” Or at the very least, be how you were just in other Halo games. This system is going to bleed the fan base dry, and everyone who has given money to this are flippin’ morons. Sure, I’m one too because I paid so much for a big plastic statue, but at least the statue is done, and I don’t have to pay Microsoft more cash down the road to replace the Chief’s helmet.

I know this has been covered, and I know folks will argue that you don’t have to pay if you don’t like. Fine, that would be alright with me, if the pay-scale wasn’t as bad as it was. Don’t believe me, check out this video by Angry Joe ( Halo 5: Guardians Angry Review - YouTube ). Skip towards the end, he breaks down the numbers, and how a player that doesn’t spend real cash, will have to earn over 3.3 million points, in order to unlock all of the armour. Three to four hundred hours of game play. And good luck making those points without playing WarZone, all the other game types pay -Yoink- compared to it, so you’re not going to play the other modes if you’re after the armour and weapon unlocks. But hey, you don’t have to do that if you don’t want to, if you want all the unlocks, all you have to pay is a thousand bucks.

Plain and simple, 343, if you love your fan base, then put an end to this REQ system, make things experienced based once again.
Otherwise 343, you’re nothing more than an -Yoink-.

Haha it’s actually more than that. Only a fraction of the sales go towards HCS. People don’t seem to mind paying it though, so I’m assuming it’s being seen as a successful addition. Besides, nothing is behind a pay wall. You can access every bit of it simply by playing the game. If you’re as big of a Halo fan as you claim, you should have no problem with playing.

ps. You bought LCE, you already support the REQ system with your warzone REQ pass.

I thought it was good to have it take a while to unlock things, what’s the point of getting everything instantly?

I don’t have to pay a dime.

I also don’t have to pay for a season pass.

I don’t see a problem, I play a game I like, unlock free “card” packs and get my unlockables. I don’t have to spend anything on them and I don’t have to worry about map packs fragmenting the community down the road or being able to play with friends that don’t opt in and buy the map packs either. If a bunch of impatient buffoons want to pour out all of their hard earned cash for something you can unlock for free in-game that is their stupidity. This isn’t to say I like the REQ system, random isn’t always the best but its not as bad as people make it out to sound.

-Yoink!- no, It’s fine. Never paid and I sell half the crap anyway! Whats the problem, I don’t get it. You use a req 5 and assuming you don’t die for a while you can spawn with another 5. The loadout spawns can kick -Yoink- man, there’s no need! Most of the time you can only spawn a few big reqs per game or lots of little ones. I have a stockpile I gained for free. More than I need! Sell!

The day I see a full team of tanks, I may back you up but even then its a jacking spree. REQs are lost as often as they are kept!

Micros aint great but there’s no problem for the guys who don’t pay here. In fact its more fun ‘splattering’ peoples hard earned money on their armory floor!

“East armory captured, level 5 reqs available”

It’s too late, they made $500,000 in the first week off of Micro-Transactions alone. They’re not gonna stop now.

At the very least, I hope they remove the armor from the R.E.Q. packs and actually allow us to work towards the armor we want, but I know that won’t happen.

> 2533274832368555;6:
> It’s too late, they made $500,000 in the first week off of Micro-Transactions alone. They’re not gonna stop now.
>
> At the very least, I hope they remove the armor from the R.E.Q. packs and actually allow us to work towards the armor we want, but I know that won’t happen.

Filthy money, but microdollar is used to it. Just keep laying those expensive reqs on the warzone floor boys, thats where the funs at… until my customs come about obv… add me!

They won’t take it out of Halo 5 and if the success continues then I’m sure we will see it in Halo 6 and beyond. While it sucks, you can still earn everything just by playing the game without spending a penny extra. I don’t personally see it as a big deal except for the fact that we don’t have the option to earn some of them through challenges/achievements or even buying them individually with our REQ points.

> 2533274832368555;6:
> It’s too late, they made $500,000 in the first week off of Micro-Transactions alone. They’re not gonna stop now.
>
> At the very least, I hope they remove the armor from the R.E.Q. packs and actually allow us to work towards the armor we want, but I know that won’t happen.

Armor is the only thing I don’t like being in REQ packs but they won’t change it for H5 so maybe 6? we will see I guess

> 2533274796134964;8:
> They won’t take it out of Halo 5 and if the success continues then I’m sure we will see it in Halo 6 and beyond. While it sucks, you can still earn everything just by playing the game without spending a penny extra. I don’t personally see it as a big deal except for the fact that we don’t have the option to earn some of them through challenges/achievements or even buying them individually with our REQ points.

See, if they just allowed us to buy the pieces of armor we wanted, I’d probably just turn the other cheek, but right now it’s -Yoinking!- bull -Yoink-.

There really is no need to buy. If you buy, you must have something in mind in which case I don’t understand, an armour? Emblem? Meh, whos going to look? Even in matchmaking lobby nobody can look! I get loads of power weapons and i sell the -Yoink- out of them. Still tear up enough with the loadouts and watching people fall on their precious wrecked card makes things more enjoyable! Minimum wage gets you what, two silvers per hour… then watch this… 30 secs HAHAHA :wink: enjoy this mentality

> 2535463261337659;3:
> I thought it was good to have it take a while to unlock things, what’s the point of getting everything instantly?

No one feels rewarded if they unlocked this badass armor or visor, assassination etc. because they didn’t work their -Yoink- off to get it through a hard and time consuming challenge. They got it through a stupid system with micro transactions by PURE luck. If I get an Ultra Rare helmet I’ll just say: “Sweet. I’ll equip that.” I just unlocked the Helioskrill armor today and it’s unlocked from getting the Legend achievement on MCC. I worked my -Yoink- of to get the armor and I feel extremely proud that I unlocked it because it took me a while and was a great endeavor. Do I have this same feeling with Halo 5? No. I feel nothing. Getting armor like I did isn’t getting it instantly. I don’t know what you’re saying there.

> 2533274832368555;6:
> It’s too late, they made $500,000 in the first week off of Micro-Transactions alone. They’re not gonna stop now.
>
> At the very least, I hope they remove the armor from the R.E.Q. packs and actually allow us to work towards the armor we want, but I know that won’t happen.

Ya I hope they remove armor from the Req’s too because I would actually feel rewarded if I unlocked them through hard challenges and not luck.