Take the DMR out of Swat

Since Halo 2 the BR has been the community’s favorite weapon. Halo 3 the population of the community soared to unprecedented numbers.

Then came Halo Reach. The worst halo of all time. The DMR ruined the game and ruined the way kids play.

Any tournament that is played for swat is BR’s only. The BR actually requires you to run around the map where as the DMR you can sit in the very back of the map and CAMP. Its not great.

I promise you if you took the DMR out of Swat you would have so many players that would come back to the game.

As of right now this game continues to be broken because of a dumb gun called the DMR.

Even PGL and AGL and UMG made it to where its BR only. Why not make SWAT BR only???

Because the BR is super easy to use.

Its so much easier to use and its more fun to play a game of BR’s than a game of campy and garbage DMR’s

> Because the BR is super easy to use.

Yeah, the DMR with it’s 1000 mile bullet magnetism takes so much skill. No, the DMR is the scrub gun in this game and always has been.

The other SWAT gametypes have only 1 class. SWAT should be BR only. DMR is too easy to spawn kill with and it kills too quickly with body shots. It’s like having a sniper rifle in SWAT.

I agree 100% dude. Get everyone to vote on this and maybe we can change 343’s mind

> > Because the BR is super easy to use.
>
> Yeah, the DMR with it’s 1000 mile bullet magnetism takes so much skill. No, the DMR is the scrub gun in this game and always has been.
>
> The other SWAT gametypes have only 1 class. SWAT should be BR only. DMR is too easy to spawn kill with and it kills too quickly with body shots. It’s like having a sniper rifle in SWAT.

Because swipe shotting is hard.

Face it, the BR is easy mode. Especially in SWAT, where you get 3 chances to land your shot.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

You a REACH KID IF YOU LIKE THE DMR

>

Nope. I started on Halo PC, and will always be a CE kid.

> > > Because the BR is super easy to use.
> >
> > Yeah, the DMR with it’s 1000 mile bullet magnetism takes so much skill. No, the DMR is the scrub gun in this game and always has been.
> >
> > The other SWAT gametypes have only 1 class. SWAT should be BR only. DMR is too easy to spawn kill with and it kills too quickly with body shots. It’s like having a sniper rifle in SWAT.
>
> Because swipe shotting is hard.
>
> Face it, the BR is easy mode. Especially in SWAT, where you get 3 chances to land your shot.

Swipe shotting with the DMR works just as well. If you miss your shot the game gives it to you anyways. There is no difference at close range, the difference is at longer range and that’s where the BR forces you to aim when the DMR aims for you as usual.

Sorry, your argument can only possibly work against someone who doesn’t play Halo. Everyone knows the H4 DMR is the biggest crutch weapon in Halo history.

I think the DMR should stay. There are tons of people who enjoy it just fine and personally, I don’t have that big of an issue with it.

It would be nice to see separate gametypes however. ie. SWAT DMRs, SWAT BRs. Like in Reach when there was SWAT, Magnums and Objective.

> Swipe shotting with the DMR works just as well. If you miss your shot the game gives it to you anyways. There is no difference at close range, the difference is at longer range and that’s where the BR forces you to aim when the DMR aims for you as usual.

Actually, ever gun aims for you in this game. The BR and DMR have the same aim assist, and a shot hit with the DMR will be a shot hit with the BR. Only difference being is that you can move your reticle mid-burst with the BR and still get a kill if you miss. If you miss with a DMR, you’re dead.

> Sorry, your argument can only possibly work against someone who doesn’t play Halo. Everyone knows the H4 DMR is the biggest crutch weapon in Halo history.

Yeah? Because you say so? Or because you have facts to back up your argument?

> > Swipe shotting with the DMR works just as well. If you miss your shot the game gives it to you anyways. There is no difference at close range, the difference is at longer range and that’s where the BR forces you to aim when the DMR aims for you as usual.
>
> Actually, ever gun aims for you in this game. The BR and DMR have the same aim assist, and a shot hit with the DMR will be a shot hit with the BR. Only difference being is that you can move your reticle mid-burst with the BR and still get a kill if you miss. If you miss with a DMR, you’re dead.
>
>
>
> > Sorry, your argument can only possibly work against someone who doesn’t play Halo. Everyone knows the H4 DMR is the biggest crutch weapon in Halo history.
>
> Yeah? Because you say so? Or because you have facts to back up your argument?

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

DUDE THE HALO SERIES IS DYING BECAUSE OF THE DMR. IF YOU DONT SEE THIS YOU ARE BLIND

The BR is easier to use in Swat than the DMR.

>

There are far more glaring issues with the game than DMR in SWAT. You’re over-reacting. I personally think the BR requires less awareness to use in SWAT than the DMR, since as has been pointed out; you can miss with your first 2 shots and still score a headshot. The DMR is a single shot rifle, which means if you miss you’re screwed. Does the DMR require less skill to use than the BR in SWAT? You can argue that, just as you can argue that the BR is just as forgiving in regards to bad aim.

>

Oh, no. I see it perfectly. The DMR is 100%, absolutely, without a doubt, the only reason Reach sucked.

Locked because of the flame baity poll.