Take out the feature where teams can find non-team

There are two things that I never understood about Halo5.

1. Why can’t we turn off Req rewards for Warzone? - Likely because you want $ for Req packs.
  2. Why can a team of players get matched up against a group of players who aren’t teamed up?

#2 Causes a problem here though, especially for ranked playlists. There is a skill gap between a team vs a non team. Let’s say you have 2 people that aren’t even a team they’re just friends playing together. They likely know each others play style, are likely communicating and probably a lot more coordinated. In Halo3 I rarely had the problem of playing against a team of players. If I went in solo I found other people who went in solo.

Reach was when this whole problem started, why did it continue? It’s bad for ranked playlists, you’re gonna have people teaming up and hoping to find players that aren’t in a team just so they can boost their rank.

“Play with your friends then or make some.” - Let’s say it’s late and everyone has gone to bed or your schedule doesn’t match up with your friends at a certain time. You still want to play, but don’t want to face a team of 4 when your whole team searched solo. I’m pretty disappointed in the developers for not thinking about this, or maybe they did and just didn’t care. But if I were a game developer, I would make sure this kind of problem wouldn’t exist, because that’s what I’d see it as. A problem.

> 1. Why can’t we turn off Req rewards for Warzone? - Likely because you want $ for Req packs.

What does this even mean?

> 2. Why can a team of players get matched up against a group of players who aren’t teamed up?

I doubt it’s as simple as removing a feature or flipping a switch to try to keep this from happening. Limiting fireteams might be, but adding team-based matchmaking doesn’t seem that way. I don’t know why 343 hasn’t implemented something of the sort, but there’s probably some technical reason for it. There’s also the possibility that they don’t want to, though I don’t see why that would be the case.

When you open a req pack some stuff is meant for Arena (boosts) and just about everything else is Warzone rewards. Why can’t we turn off the Warzone part of req packs? If you don’t play warzone it’s pretty pointless to get boosts or the stupid specialized weapons.

Well, in Halo 3 you rarely found teams when you searched solo, and as someone who understands code I also disagree with you. Simple if inparty = yes;

It’s quite obnoxious playing a team of 3 or 4 when you’re searching alone.

> 2533274795044042;3:
> When you open a req pack some stuff is meant for Arena (boosts) and just about everything else is Warzone rewards. Why can’t we turn off the Warzone part of req packs? If you don’t play warzone it’s pretty pointless to get boosts or the stupid specialized weapons.
>
> Well, in Halo 3 you rarely found teams when you searched solo, and as someone who understands code I also disagree with you. Simple if inparty = yes;
>
> It’s quite obnoxious playing a team of 3 or 4 when you’re searching alone.

You should try playing warzone, it’s a huge part of halo 5 and your kinda missing out

It’s unlikely they will make changes to matchmaking.

Halo is kind of known for team play, so Teams destroying solo queued players is nothing new, and I agree it is frustrating at times

for them to add a feature for not being matched up with teams and non teams, that would be cool but it would be pretty hard to do

Play warzone silly

> 2533274795044042;3:
> When you open a req pack some stuff is meant for Arena (boosts) and just about everything else is Warzone rewards. Why can’t we turn off the Warzone part of req packs? If you don’t play warzone it’s pretty pointless to get boosts or the stupid specialized weapons.
>
> Well, in Halo 3 you rarely found teams when you searched solo, and as someone who understands code I also disagree with you. Simple if inparty = yes;
>
> It’s quite obnoxious playing a team of 3 or 4 when you’re searching alone.

@the req question: reason is money. It’s less RNG if you remove options, and RNG is known for causing that gambling addiction to keep people coming back.

@matchmaking: there’s a huge -Yoink- difference between halo 3 and halo 5. “If” h5 truly does have team based matchmaking then the issue is undeniably the population. H3 hit the millions, h5 is speculated at around the 20-40k range. Again, big -Yoink- difference, h3 had the luxury of letting solo players avoid teams, h5 doesn’t.

Well I would post where you can find changes coming to match making but a monitor locked and saidn I can’t post links to other threads in way point so go to the match making section and you will see a thread about upcoming changes and imput on their thoughts on match making.,. Match making feb at the top of the section

I really don’t think it would be that hard for them to implement like you guys are saying. I mean, COD had a playlist that made sure people couldn’t even be in party chats. (Which could be very beneficial considering over half the games I play 2 or more players are in a party chat.) You ever wonder why people don’t play this game? Maybe it’s because they get tired of getting slapped around by teams just about every game they play. Halo 3 also had a way for you to tell if players are paired up together. Halo5 is sloppy and needs a title update. While you are correct that H3 and H5 are different, the big point was that H5 was supposed to be more competitive. I’m seeing less of that in this game than I did in Halo3 level 50 ranked games. It’s sickening.

I bought Halo 5 for the competitive side of the game; I’m not playing Warzone.

They’re working on the party restrictions in the thread linked below.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/58b8518e005f432381ab99fbcaf931e0/topics/matchmaking-feedback-update-%E2%80%93-feb-13/f91267ad-9dd2-411b-ae19-1571c648262b/posts

Not sure why you want REQ rewards off, but you can have them turn off when the REQ glitch happens with them not loading.

> 2533274833309866;6:
> Play warzone silly

This, right here.

> 2533274925370623;11:
> > 2533274833309866;6:
> > Play warzone silly
>
> This, right here.

Once again; I bought the game for the competitive side. Not the lag festival that is Warzone. Last time I played I got over 45 kills; it’s boring.

> 2533274795044042;12:
> > 2533274925370623;11:
> > > 2533274833309866;6:
> > > Play warzone silly
> >
> > This, right here.
>
> Once again; I bought the game for the competitive side. Not the lag festival that is Warzone. Last time I played I got over 45 kills; it’s boring.

Correction, it was 37 kills.

Basically what you’re saying you’d like to see Arena have its own set of specialized req packs for purchase. And Warzone would have its own specialized req packs for purchase.

> 2727626560040591;10:
> They’re working on the party restrictions in the thread linked below.
> https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/58b8518e005f432381ab99fbcaf931e0/topics/matchmaking-feedback-update-–-feb-13/f91267ad-9dd2-411b-ae19-1571c648262b/posts
> Not sure why you want REQ rewards off, but you can have them turn off when the REQ glitch happens with them not loading.

Thank you, I didn’t see your post originally; nice to know they’re working on stuff. Specifically I want Warzone REQ rewards off.
While you’re correct; 37 kills doesn’t make it much better. It’s still very boring for me to go 37 and 11.

Yeah, I’d like to be able to separate myself from getting Warzone junk in the REQ packs.