Take out Fall damage?

I loved everyithing i saw so far…
But then i saw the fall damamge and it ruined my day.
Why?? Why do we need fall damage in a halo game???
is there any chance that 343 studios will remove it by fans request??
Sorry for my bad english.

My question is, why not have it? I think that as long as Jetpack exists in the game as an armor ability, so will fall damage. There is a punishment for jetpacking like a lunatic. Plus, it didn’t look nearly as severe as Reach’s fall damage.

Jet pack’s also ruined the game…

Good to hear it´s back. I support fall damage.

Why not? Fall damage forces players to think about where they move, and makes it so players can’t escape from battle easily.

> Why not? Fall damage forces players to think about where they move, and makes it so players can’t escape from battle easily.

This.

It also encourages map movement so players don’t use the same routes to get around each map every time.

I think Jetpack will be tweaked though, so that players can Reach a high destination quickly, like the H3 Brutes, and stop floating around like mosquitos, like they do in Reach.

> I loved everyithing i saw so far…
> But then i saw the fall damamge and it ruined my day.
> Why?? Why do we need fall damage in a halo game???
> is there any chance that 343 studios will remove it by fans request??
> Sorry for my bad english.

Why remove something that can be easily edited? And as long as it’s not like reach’s where you fall 7 feet you are hurt to the point that you could die. Fall damage isn’t a bad thing, it makes people think before jumping off a cliff, it also helps map designers to create walk ways for people to use, that can also be used as bottle necks in combat, you remove fall damage, people will use those walk ways, but -Yoink- soon as they’re attacked, they can just jump down. But having fall damage give players that second thought before jumping down.

> > Why not? Fall damage forces players to think about where they move, and makes it so players can’t escape from battle easily.
>
> This.
>
> It also encourages map movement so players don’t use the same routes to get around each map every time.

Plus, jumping out of a Banshee without taking damage isn’t a good thing.

No.

I’d like a well-timed crouch to reduce the damage taken, but I don’t see falling damage as a major problem. Especially with the Trait Zones meaning it no longer ruins custom game ideas.

Yeah im all for some fall damage

> ]I’d like a well-timed crouch to reduce the damage taken[/h], but I don’t see falling damage as a major problem. Especially with the Trait Zones meaning it no longer ruins custom game ideas.

A lot of people still don’t know about this. Blows my mind.

> > > Why not? Fall damage forces players to think about where they move, and makes it so players can’t escape from battle easily.
> >
> > This.
> >
> > It also encourages map movement so players don’t use the same routes to get around each map every time.
>
> Plus, jumping out of a Banshee without taking damage isn’t a good thing.

Exactly, and they’re just some of the reasons. Why on earth would anybody want fall damage out of the game?

> > > > Why not? Fall damage forces players to think about where they move, and makes it so players can’t escape from battle easily.
> > >
> > > This.
> > >
> > > It also encourages map movement so players don’t use the same routes to get around each map every time.
> >
> > Plus, jumping out of a Banshee without taking damage isn’t a good thing.
>
> Exactly, and they’re just some of the reasons. Why on earth would anybody want fall damage out of the game?

I don’t even think fall damage was ever completely removed from Halo, it was always there, it’s just Halo 2/3 had it set for very high height so it’d work with gravity lifts and man cannons.

I’m okay with it.

Did you know meleeing the ground in reach reduces fall damage? It won’t save you from spire but It is useful.

> > > > > Why not? Fall damage forces players to think about where they move, and makes it so players can’t escape from battle easily.
> > > >
> > > > This.
> > > >
> > > > It also encourages map movement so players don’t use the same routes to get around each map every time.
> > >
> > > Plus, jumping out of a Banshee without taking damage isn’t a good thing.
> >
> > Exactly, and they’re just some of the reasons. Why on earth would anybody want fall damage out of the game?
>
> I don’t even think fall damage was ever completely removed from Halo, it was always there, it’s just Halo 2/3 had it set for very high height so it’d work with gravity lifts and man cannons.

There is a campaign level in Halo 3 where you can take fall damage, right?

> I’m okay with it.
>
> Did you know meleeing the ground in reach reduces fall damage? It won’t save you from spire but It is useful.

Didn’t know about this. Is it more efficient that crouching as soon as you hit the ground?

I thought it was canonical for them to not receive fall damage?

> I thought it was canonical for them to not receive fall damage?

Always gameplay > canon dude. It’s a sci-fy story. They can create anything they want. People argued for the longest that it would break canon to bring AAs back to Halo 4 because all the AAs were prototypes that were destroyed on Reach.

gameplay > canon