Take Masterchief vs Locke to the next level

If you’ve ever played Demon’s souls there is one boss in that game that employs the coolest mechanic I have ever seen in gaming. The boss, is…a human. A real human. It is called the old monk and it is controlled by another human player. No AI can replicate the intelligence, ingenuity and unpredictability of a real person.

I propose that during the H5 campaign there be one(or more) instances were the player(controlling Masterchief) runs into agent Locke. Only Agent Locke will be another player.

Setting this up would be simple. One player would be playing the campaign as they normally would. The other would access agent locke by simply choosing an option that would be in the level selector. If you choose the agent locke level the game would matchmake you against someone who is playing campaign.

Thoughts?

I want want something like in New Blood. SPOILER AHEAD. When Buck and Micky got in a fight type of deal.

> 2535465472930091;1:
> If you’ve ever played Demon’s souls there is one boss in that game that employs the coolest mechanic I have ever seen in gaming. The boss, is…a human. A real human. It is called the old monk and it is controlled by another human player. No AI can replicate the intelligence, ingenuity and unpredictability of a real person.
>
> I propose that during the H5 campaign there be one(or more) instances were the player(controlling Masterchief) runs into agent Locke. Only Agent Locke will be another player.
>
> Setting this up would be simple. One player would be playing the campaign as they normally would. The other would access agent locke by simply choosing an option that would be in the level selector. If you choose the agent locke level the game would matchmake you against someone who is playing campaign.
>
> Thoughts?

I think It sounds cool In the theory but that It’s difficult to pull off, moreover when It’s a necessity in the story, not a boss of many. What would happen in two years, or four?
But you made me remember Shadow Link, that was so rad too, and a lot easier to do right! An AI that would make you sweat for real.

> 2533274809865117;2:
> I want want something like in New Blood. SPOILER AHEAD. When Buck and Micky got in a fight type of deal.

Umm

What?

> 2533274822090702;3:
> > 2535465472930091;1:
> > If you’ve ever played Demon’s souls there is one boss in that game that employs the coolest mechanic I have ever seen in gaming. The boss, is…a human. A real human. It is called the old monk and it is controlled by another human player. No AI can replicate the intelligence, ingenuity and unpredictability of a real person.
> >
> > I propose that during the H5 campaign there be one(or more) instances were the player(controlling Masterchief) runs into agent Locke. Only Agent Locke will be another player.
> >
> > Setting this up would be simple. One player would be playing the campaign as they normally would. The other would access agent locke by simply choosing an option that would be in the level selector. If you choose the agent locke level the game would matchmake you against someone who is playing campaign.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
>
> I think It sounds cool In the theory but that It’s difficult to pull off, moreover when It’s a necessity in the story, not a boss of many. What would happen in two years, or four?
> But you made me remember Shadow Link, that was so rad too, and a lot easier to do right! An AI that would make you sweat for real.

You could make it so if the game cannot find a player to play aa locke the AI just takes over.

> 2535465472930091;5:
> > 2533274822090702;3:
> > > 2535465472930091;1:
> > > If you’ve ever played Demon’s souls there is one boss in that game that employs the coolest mechanic I have ever seen in gaming. The boss, is…a human. A real human. It is called the old monk and it is controlled by another human player. No AI can replicate the intelligence, ingenuity and unpredictability of a real person.
> > >
> > > I propose that during the H5 campaign there be one(or more) instances were the player(controlling Masterchief) runs into agent Locke. Only Agent Locke will be another player.
> > >
> > > Setting this up would be simple. One player would be playing the campaign as they normally would. The other would access agent locke by simply choosing an option that would be in the level selector. If you choose the agent locke level the game would matchmake you against someone who is playing campaign.
> > >
> > > Thoughts?
> >
> >
> > I think It sounds cool In the theory but that It’s difficult to pull off, moreover when It’s a necessity in the story, not a boss of many. What would happen in two years, or four?
> > But you made me remember Shadow Link, that was so rad too, and a lot easier to do right! An AI that would make you sweat for real.
>
>
> You could make it so if the game cannot find a player to play aa locke the AI just takes over.

Yeah that’s a pretty easy fix. Other problem could be people trolling, they would have to make the levels so the player couldn’t exploit it, kill himself, etc.

It need to be on some Goku vs Vegeta level -Yoink-

> 2533274822090702;6:
> > 2535465472930091;5:
> > > 2533274822090702;3:
> > > > 2535465472930091;1:
> > > > If you’ve ever played Demon’s souls there is one boss in that game that employs the coolest mechanic I have ever seen in gaming. The boss, is…a human. A real human. It is called the old monk and it is controlled by another human player. No AI can replicate the intelligence, ingenuity and unpredictability of a real person.
> > > >
> > > > I propose that during the H5 campaign there be one(or more) instances were the player(controlling Masterchief) runs into agent Locke. Only Agent Locke will be another player.
> > > >
> > > > Setting this up would be simple. One player would be playing the campaign as they normally would. The other would access agent locke by simply choosing an option that would be in the level selector. If you choose the agent locke level the game would matchmake you against someone who is playing campaign.
> > > >
> > > > Thoughts?
> > >
> > >
> > > I think It sounds cool In the theory but that It’s difficult to pull off, moreover when It’s a necessity in the story, not a boss of many. What would happen in two years, or four?
> > > But you made me remember Shadow Link, that was so rad too, and a lot easier to do right! An AI that would make you sweat for real.
> >
> >
> > You could make it so if the game cannot find a player to play aa locke the AI just takes over.
>
>
> Yeah that’s a pretty easy fix. Other problem could be people trolling, they would have to make the levels so the player couldn’t exploit it, kill himself, etc.

Ya, of course. But there would be some kind of reward for killing MC. Credits or exp, etc.

they should duke it out per say. I mean if he is indeed hunting the chief, chief should go down swinging.

This seems like the kind of thing that should be opt-in when starting the level, but I love it. I’d love to actually fight another real human player as Locke.

When in Offline mode or opt-out, though, Locke needs to have excellent AI.

> 2533274942655628;7:
> It need to be on some Goku vs Vegeta level -Yoink-

Sure?

> 2533274827546373;10:
> This seems like the kind of thing that should be opt-in when starting the level, but I love it. I’d love to actually fight another real human player as Locke.
>
> When in Offline mode or opt-out, though, Locke needs to have excellent AI.

Why should it be opt in? By signing into the game in an online fashion you are opting in to online connectivity.