Take it easy with the scopes in Infinite

Just wanted to point out that if every weapon has a scope function you literally force players away from each other and every MP game will be a bunch of spartans running around like idiots in an attempt to not get their heads shot off from across the map

It kills CQC, it kills flow, and leads to a gaming environment where the learning curve is way too steep for new players who can’t keep the reticle on someone’s head with surgical precision.

Easy with the scopes.

> 2533274816803169;1:
> Just wanted to point out that if every weapon has a scope function you literally force players away from each other and every MP game will be a bunch of spartan running around like idiots trying not to get their heads shot off from across the map
>
> It kills CQC, it kills flow, and leads to a gaming environment where the learning curve is way too steep for new players who can’t keep the reticle on someone’s head with surgical precision.
>
> Easy with the scopes.

I’m not sure where you’re getting in the impression that every weapon will have a scope function. I don’t really mind weapons having sights, but I prefer that the campaign gameplay be fun and interesting over the multiplayer being perfectly balanced.

Personally I actually liked the ADS features in Halo 5… felt different at first, after 20 years of clicking for my scope, but it feels more natural and realistic to me.

> 2533274816803169;1:
> Just wanted to point out that if every weapon has a scope function you literally force players away from each other and every MP game will be a bunch of spartans running around like idiots in an attempt to not get their heads shot off from across the map
>
> It kills CQC, it kills flow, and leads to a gaming environment where the learning curve is way too steep for new players who can’t keep the reticle on someone’s head with surgical precision.
>
> Easy with the scopes.

Well we’ve already seen the Commando doesn’t have a scope -possibly iron sights but I’ve not seen an indication of VISR-Link coming back so probably not. The Bulldog certainly doesn’t. they’re eliminating the sights on the pistol with the new sidekick. The new Pulse Carbine doesn’t semm to have one, nor the Ravager.

So… yeah seems like they’ve majorly reduced the number of scopes in the game

Honestly I’m fine with the way H5 did it. Aiming in didn’t give you more accuracy (certain guns with different modes are a noticeable exception) it just boost the range at the cost of mobility. Most of the firefights/ 1v1s are done up close with no one scoping in.

The aim down sights was pretty good in halo 5, you wouldnt get your head sniped off with an assault rifle, but it turns into a better mid range weapon and more accurate. I also think that scopes are unnecessary as its halo, and not like the other games

> 2535409171473129;5:
> The aim down sights was pretty good in halo 5, you wouldnt get your head sniped off with an assault rifle, but it turns into a better mid range weapon and more accurate. I also think that scopes are unnecessary as its halo, and not like the other games

This is my experience as well. Most players never fully utilized the feature and those that did were not OP to the point of being able to snipe with an assault rifle or anything CQB.

From what I remember playing H5 with it’s ADS is that it really didn’t change much other than making the assault rifle viable past point blank and the saw an actual LMG, and like others have said most 1v1’s are usually up close anyways unless it’s BtB but even then it’s not a rarity. I’m perfectly fine with weapons in infinte having sights, not to the point of taking up the whole screen like smart link but something to aim with so weapons like the assault rifle don’t feel like a cheap watering hose, but for the sword and gravity hammer it’s a bit excessive to give it that extra boost since it’s a melee weapon that’s also a insta-kill weapon

I kinda liked the ADS feature from 5, it felt more accurate and some of the scopes were just plain awesome to look at.

It was a cool concept seeing the unique weapon sights, especially the covenant weapons but i just miss the old style of gameplay. If weapons like the ar and pistol etc were effective without them we wouldn’t be having this problem.

Absolutely hated the ADS animation in Halo 5. It’s not needed in Halo. It also made it HARDER to see opponents when you zoom in with some of the guns, like the pistol that covers up 3/4 of your target. So laughable!! Just update the old if you want an updated zoom. Think Terminator, Iron Man etc. Don’t be like every other game. Halo zooming animation used to be unique, Now it’s very bland in my opinion and according to many, many people that know the lore MUCH better then me, it breaks cannon too…but 343I doesn’t care about as they will break cannon when it suits them they have shown, But I digress here.

I also hated how every weapon could zoom in in Halo 5. Completely unnecessary. Plasma rifle, Shotgun, SMG amongst others…stupid! Sword and hammer, REALLY stupid! I can understand the AR having a minimal zoom. I didn’t mind the AR zooming look actually either. Felt more “Haloish” then all these weapons they put the stupid ADS style animation on.

I know the dumb ADS zooming animation will be in Halo infinite but I’m really hoping it won’t be on all weapons and zooming won’t be either. Try and get a happy medium here 343I, come on.

I don’t think weapons having ADS or scopes will force people to move away from CQC. Yes some weapons force you to go CQC (shotguns, swords, hammers) and some will make you stay real far back (snipers, DMR maybe) but generally you can still go CQC with a pistol or AR. It just depends your style of play or the map you are in I suppose?

I mean if we are playing CTF, does that mean someone needs to have a CQC weapon to make them feel like they can go grab the flag and into the enemy base where it’s mostly going to be CQC? No right, we still go in guns blazing with other weapons and stuff like that.

> 2533274816803169;1:
> Just wanted to point out that if every weapon has a scope function you literally force players away from each other and every MP game will be a bunch of spartans running around like idiots in an attempt to not get their heads shot off from across the map
>
>
> Easy with the scopes.

Literally the only weapon showed in the gameplay demo was the VK Commando. Other weapons like snipers, support weapons and the BR are obviously going to have a scope

If you’re referring to automatics/shotguns having zoom I agree. Did not like that in H5.

> 2535462450434439;4:
> Honestly I’m fine with the way H5 did it. Aiming in didn’t give you more accuracy (certain guns with different modes are a noticeable exception) it just boost the range at the cost of mobility. Most of the firefights/ 1v1s are done up close with no one scoping in.

This is actually false, and I dont blame anyone for thinking it doesn’t as 343 did say ads does not decrease bullet spread. But it in fact does decrease bullet spread, not by a huge amount but it does nontheless. It also adds a damage multipier to the head as well.

I definitely like some weapons getting a zoom that didn’t have it before. But I really feel like it significantly increased the engagement distance due to this and it made closer range weapons such as the shotgun, swords, and smg less effective because on average every other weapon could effectively fight from even farther.

> 2535449665894532;14:
> > 2535462450434439;4:
> > Honestly I’m fine with the way H5 did it. Aiming in didn’t give you more accuracy (certain guns with different modes are a noticeable exception) it just boost the range at the cost of mobility. Most of the firefights/ 1v1s are done up close with no one scoping in.
>
> This is actually false, and I dont blame anyone for thinking it doesn’t as 343 did say ads does not decrease bullet spread. But it in fact does decrease bullet spread, not by a huge amount but it does nontheless. It also adds a damage multipier to the head as well.
>
> I definitely like some weapons getting a zoom that didn’t have it before. But I really feel like it significantly increased the engagement distance due to this and it made closer range weapons such as the shotgun, swords, and smg less effective because on average every other weapon could effectively fight from even farther.

Where’s the proof of this? I’ve played awhile and never noticed this. Not calling you out or etc but I’d like to do more research on this if this is true. But your the first person I’ve heard being this up.

> 2535462450434439;15:
> > 2535449665894532;14:
> > > 2535462450434439;4:
> > > Honestly I’m fine with the way H5 did it. Aiming in didn’t give you more accuracy (certain guns with different modes are a noticeable exception) it just boost the range at the cost of mobility. Most of the firefights/ 1v1s are done up close with no one scoping in.
> >
> > This is actually false, and I dont blame anyone for thinking it doesn’t as 343 did say ads does not decrease bullet spread. But it in fact does decrease bullet spread, not by a huge amount but it does nontheless. It also adds a damage multipier to the head as well.
> >
> > I definitely like some weapons getting a zoom that didn’t have it before. But I really feel like it significantly increased the engagement distance due to this and it made closer range weapons such as the shotgun, swords, and smg less effective because on average every other weapon could effectively fight from even farther.
>
> Where’s the proof of this? I’ve played awhile and never noticed this. Not calling you out or etc but I’d like to do more research on this if this is true. But your the first person I’ve heard being this up.

Here is a video from back when H5 was still new.