TAKE FRIENDLY FIRE OUT OF ONLINE MATCHMAKING!!!!

They need to take friendly fire out of online matchmaking entirely. No more getting your shields getting taken down by your own teammates at all. Like in Firefight in Reach, you can’t hurt your teammates at all. I know that there’ll be people complaining about that if they do an update for Reach as well as do that for all upcoming Halo games like Combat Evolved Anniversary and the Halo 4 trilogy. For Example, Grifball, your teammates accidentally kill you, or they just do it on purpose which really ticks me off. I’m guilty off accidentally killing my teammates myself, so I know how frustrated I get when I do that. Now people are probably gonna say that it wouldn’t be realistic, but, if you think about it Modern Warfare 2 doesn’t have friendly fire in online except for only some play lists. And people play that game like crazy. Now, if they do that which I really hope they do I will be so happy because then it’ll filter out all the cheap players who for example let’s say you find the sniper rifle or shotgun or rocket launcher on a map and you pick it up and there’s someone else on your team who was going to, and they want it, they’ll shoot at you or hit you so you can’t use it and take down your shields. I hope the developers can see this because I’m not sure on how to get a hold of them to give them suggestions for the games, so, I’m hoping this is where you do that. If it isn’t, does anyone know where?

It’s always been in Halo, so why change?

These threads make me want to go into BTB and get all my teammates vehicles damaged and EMP’d, take the sniper and rush the opposing base all the while getting my teammates down to 1 shot.

No. It makes you have to think about where you are throwing your grenades/shooting explosives, no need to make it like COD, where you can just shoot/throw explosives willy-nilly without paying any attention to where your team-mates are. Anyway, half your argument seems to be that there is no FF in MW2. TBH that’s not a half decent argument at all.

As much as I HATE stupid teammates who betray on purpose or bring me down to one-shot, I think the removal of friendly-fire would just make things worse.

I can see people sticking their teammates only to have them run into a base full of the opposing team and blow up. I can also see people standing in front of a weapon to annoy the person who has it, therefore letting the ammo go into the griefer while said griefer won’t take damage. DaCanadianNinja is also correct; friendly fire makes people think (generally) before tossing a grenade into a room full of both enemies and teammates.

[deleted]

Teammate A & Teammate B are going to tell a story.

Teammate A tells Teammate B to stick him with a Plasma grenade, Teammate A agrees to and also sees four enemies running into the corridor.

Teammate A sticks Teammate B, Teammate B with Friendly Fire turned off, then runs into the enemies and, before you know it, Overkill while Teammate B took no damage.

Also, people can abuse this in Grifball, you can hit someone across the map constantly and not even damage them due to Friendly Fire being turned off, resulting in unfair games.

> No. It makes you have to think about where you are throwing your grenades/shooting explosives, no need to make it like COD, where you can just shoot/throw explosives willy-nilly without paying any attention to where your team-mates are. Anyway, half your argument seems to be that there is no FF in MW2. TBH that’s not a half decent argument at all.

The problem is ppl already do this…

Removing yet another tactical side of Halo is just bad for it, and I’m pretty sure 343i would agree. Going toward the direction Bungie did with Reach is obviously not something good for the game, so taking it a step further to dumb it down competitively, tactically, and strategically should inevitably produce a similar result, even if it is small.

Halo: Kamikaze Combat Evolved.

Sounds good :wink:

I feel that friendly fire is a staple halo mechanic. Since this was a mechanic that made the first Halo the way that is way/is and has shaped the way Halo games in general play. It should not be changed.

This is Halo not CoD, to quote stosh “mind where you throw”.

There’s a simple way to solve the friendly fire dilemma: make it so that only power weapons and grenades do friendly fire, but not regular bullets/plasma and melees.

Why? Because you actually have to try to kill a friendly teammate with a DMR or Assault Rifle or melee, so there’s a massive chance that when you’re using that weapon you’re purposely trying to do in your teammates. However, since power weapons such as the rocket launcher and grenades do splash damage, accidental friendly fire occurs more frequently.

nope, changing the friendly fire will bring lots of balance problems. Just stop killing your teammates, and try to be more like a team player instead of a lone wolf

> nope, changing the friendly fire will bring lots of balance problems. Just stop killing your teammates, and try to be more like a team player instead of a lone wolf

I Agree. If you want to be a one man wolf pack, then you should play a free for all playlist.

Even reading all of these negative comments and reactions to my post, I still think that they should, and make a playlist where there is friendly fire for the people who love the classic feel of Halo, but make most of the playlists no friendly fire. I wouldn’t have made this post if the Halo community didn’t abuse it. I’m not mad at Bungie or 343 industries, I just think that they should due to the fact that 9 out of 10 games people are like that. It’s rare to actually find a match online where your teammates don’t kill you on purpose. You see, I play team games because I like playing as a team with other people, not getting killed by my own teammates. If you’re gonna kill your own teammates then go play Lone Wolf. Because Nobody wants to play with people who don’t play the match the way it’s supposed to be played!!!

> Even reading all of these negative comments and reactions to my post, I still think that they should, and make a playlist where there is friendly fire for the <mark>people who love the classic feel of Halo,</mark> but make most of the playlists no friendly fire. I wouldn’t have made this post if the Halo community didn’t abuse it. I’m not mad at Bungie or 343 industries, I just think that they should due to the fact that 9 out of 10 games people are like that. It’s rare to actually find a match online where your teammates don’t kill you on purpose. You see, I play team games because I like playing as a team with other people, not getting killed by my own teammates. If you’re gonna kill your own teammates then go play Lone Wolf. Because Nobody wants to play with people who don’t play the match the way it’s supposed to be played!!!

sorry but the “classic feel” of Halo comes in the territory of being on a team that could, yes, potentially betray you.

reason #23971 why i almost always play with at least 1 other person, if not a full squad. problem solved.

no matter what you play, there will always be dipsticks that play just to annoy the crap out of you. it’s happened to me, yes, but apparently i must have super awesome luck or something because it doesn’t happen all THAT often.

ETA - just because people play MW “like crazy” doesn’t mean they are in love with the system they have. i find that that’s a fault that people often ASSume about other games. just because ______ features is in MW/CoD/BF/whatever doesn’t mean that it’s THE BEST feature/way to do things ever. each has their merit but each also has their kryptonite.

Everyone here who has replied has been against this post, but, if they did that I can guarantee there would be a lot of new people getting into Halo. In all honesty I didn’t see from anyone’s replies one legit argument, it’s the fear of one little change, and it wouldn’t be that big of a deal either.

> > nope, changing the friendly fire will bring lots of balance problems. Just stop killing your teammates, and try to be more like a team player instead of a lone wolf
>
> I Agree. If you want to be a one man wolf pack, then you should play a free for all playlist.

Aye

> Everyone here who has replied has been against this post, but, if they did that I can guarantee there would be a lot of new people getting into Halo. In all honesty I didn’t see from anyone’s replies one legit argument, it’s the fear of one little change, and it wouldn’t be that big of a deal either.

actually, it IS a big deal. it completely changes how the game is played and would change SO many strategies. it wouldn’t be the same game at all and would be rather boring, IMO. plus, how annoying would it be to have someone following you around the ENTIRE game just emptying weapon after weapon into you and you can’t do ANYTHING about it?! imagine you’re tucked away with a sniper, scoped in, about to snipe someone, and your idiot teammate runs up and rockets/grenades/shoots/whatevers you and causes you to scope out and lose focus and you can’t do a darn thing about it. seriously?? that’d annoy me more than betrayers. at least with the betrayers there’s a chance i can boot 'em!

being against a fundamental change in the game doesn’t mean that we’re afraid of anything. it means that we want the game to play the way it’s supposed to be played.