Take away our right to vote.

No vote is the best option… People need to stop being such crybabies(the people that force their opinion of map selection upon you and cry when they don’t get their way) and play the map and gametype that is presented. People are too picky now adays. During the Halo 2 days we played what matchmaking decided we would play. We had no choice and we liked it. The maps in Halo 2 were all awesome but <mark>just think of how overplayed Lockout would have been with a vote system</mark>… The vote system ruins good maps. Think of it like food… If you and 7 people had a choice of what to eat Hamburgers, Chocolate, or Salad. Most of the time people would choose chocolate and occasionally a hamburger. Salad might get picked once every 50+ choices. Sure chocolate is good but after eating it all the time it starts getting old and you don’t enjoy it as much. Sometimes you’re just in the mood for a Salad…

-Variety is the Spice of Life-

I must admit… I prefer enforced random map selection.

Then when it lands on a map a lot of people don’t like, the quitting begins.

I agree I’m sick of playing on Hemorrhage -Yoink!-! But now that this feature was added I don’t see 343 getting rid of it.

The veto system would work fine in Halo 4. Voting was just terrible.

> Then when it lands on a map a lot of people don’t like, the quitting begins.

If someone quits because the simple fact that they are playing a map they don’t enjoy whats not to make them quit when they get killed in a very cheap way? Halo 4 has DIDO matchmaking. When one person quit they get replaced so I’m not too worried about quitting. When people see a map in lobby that they don’t like they will probably quit. Then others that just want to play a game will drop into that spot and play the game regardless of the map. It’s what happens in CoD when a map get’s selected in the lobby and people don’t want to play it. They quit others join and the game starts.

Yup. To be honest, I’m not sure if there IS a perfect system. There are pros and cons to both the voting and veto system. With the voting system, the majority of people get to play the game and map that they want out of the choices. But the maps and games can become over used and over played thus taking a lot of the long term life out of them.

With voting, the maps and games WON’T be over played, but you run a high risk that a map and/or game that everyone hates will show up and everyone will quit.

If there’s a way that 343i could mix the 2, I’d support it.

I regard the voting system as a presentation of false options. I think it’s more frustrating than anything, and it’s so often disappointing.

I really hope they streamline matchmaking so that picking playlists is basically just picking the gametype you want to play. Every playlist in Reach is a grab bag experience, and there’s no way to consistently get the kind of play you want, save for a select few lists.

As for maps, I don’t like the voting system at all. I’m indifferent to a veto system. More than anything, I’d rather have an objective randomization of maps instead of having to play what the majority wants to play every time.

Just make sure every map is awesome. Then there won’t be any problems.

I completely agree. Halo 3 system was better than 2 i thought, but the vote system definately has to go. The food analogy is the perfect example, certain maps become tedious.

Veto to skip > Vote out of 3 maps.

I personally would like to see 3s system back.

I want what is given to me. People who party up and vote for a single map/gametype the entire time are a pain.

Something so easily denied definitely isn’t a right.

Vetoing in Halo3 isn’t vetoing, it’s voting on the map you don’t want to play.
Veto would mean if 1 player doesn’t want to play, then all players won’t play.

Let’s call a vote. Who here agrees we shouldn’t get the option to vote?

On a side note: I’ve never been in the mood for a salad. Burgers all day every day.

Just load up a map for me I’ll play it. Voting annoys me, always has, always will.

Er that happens anyway, even with a voting system. Then there’s the multiple “load faliures” and a particular party member is booted.

Well its a good thing that Halo 4 has the new Join-In-Progress perk know,I’m glad its finally here.

I’d rather play Lockout 10 times in a row than… any Halo Reach map. I think the H3 veto option is a good ‘in-between’. Nobody wants to play team duals on Snowbound lol. Veto gives the ability to make sure you don’t play a real awful gametype, although you could get unlucky and get back to back bad ones. I agree variety is the spice of life but I’d like to be able to say ‘pass’ if I know I’m not going to like a gametype.

No.

Keep the voting system. If a certain map doesn’t get voted for it is for a reason. The majority of the lobby don’t like it or prefer a better map. Majority rules.

I agree, voting needs to go.

> Keep the voting system. If a certain map doesn’t get voted for it is for a reason. The majority of the lobby don’t like it or prefer a better map. Majority rules.

Did you even read my OP? It’s not about what map is better. It’s about being forced to play the same maps over and over.

The only positive that comes out of a voting system is 343 gets cold hard stats that show what people enjoy playing and what people constantly vote against. It doesn’t really matter though as it seems like neither Bungie or 343 do anything to trim the fat out of specific playlists.

The main reason I hate the voting system is because for some god awful reason that I can’t put my finger on people actually enjoy that garbage map Sword Base… I’d rather play a little bit of everything than Sword Base, Asylum, and Pinnacle all day long… People that barely play are ALWAYS going to pick the overall community favorites. People that play all the time might start getting sick of playing the same 2-3 maps.