take armor lock out of MM

i mean seriously, no one likes it. i know ther mustve been alot of uther threads like this b4 but im trying to bring my friends into halo and they get driven away by armor lock!

I like you you are nearly as bad at spelling and grammar as me :wink: how do you feel about amour lock in big team, with warthogs and the like haring about?

Take it out of playlists were vehicle-based combat isn’t the key to victory, like Team Slayer or Squad Slayer, keep it in Big Team Battle.

> Take it out of playlists were vehicle-based combat isn’t the key to victory, like Team Slayer or Squad Slayer, keep it in Big Team Battle.

> Take it out of playlists were vehicle-based combat isn’t the key to victory, like Team Slayer or Squad Slayer, keep it in Big Team Battle.

TOTALLY agree! Throwin down an AL right before you are about to get splattered is fine, quick pressin the AA button in a team slayer game, ANNOYING! I like how beating someone in AL drains it, and getting stuck in AL kills them. NOT invincible anymore are ya punks!

Adding on to this, this was originally intended for playlists without TU settings, if the playlist has TU settings, let Armour Lock remain, one grenade will knock them out.

> > Take it out of playlists were vehicle-based combat isn’t the key to victory, like Team Slayer or Squad Slayer, keep it in Big Team Battle.
>
> TOTALLY agree! Throwin down an AL right before you are about to get splattered is fine, quick pressin the AA button in a team slayer game, ANNOYING! I like how beating someone in AL drains it, and getting stuck in AL kills them. NOT invincible anymore are ya punks!

If you make the mistake of coming close enough to beat me down while I am in AL, even in the TU, you about to get a melee to the bean and maybe even a side dish of EMP =D

Im annoyed by radar jamming one floor up and down for invis, Im annoyed by sprinters getting to power weapons before me every time etc etc, but I dont petition to have AA removed because someone has managed to out play me with that AA or it has an advantage over me that my AA does not have.

Just a question for anybody, does it feel weird to play a game and try and remove a feature because you dont like other people using it while being able to use it yourself but choosing not too?

> no one likes it.

And this is where you’re wrong and where I’m going to prove you wrong.

Why? How?

Easy. Because I like AL.

That said: AL should be reserved for 5v5 and up sized games.

For real. This should not even be a discussion.

For me to armor lock I have to literally be trolling…

To say that no one likes Armor Lock doesn’t seem right. The problem is that too many people like it, and it becomes widely used. I don’t like using Armor Lock, but it has its place in Reach. Particularly on vehicle maps. However, I do agree that it gets annoying in traditional game modes like Team Slayer and needs to be removed.

> > no one likes it.
>
> And this is where you’re wrong and where I’m going to prove you wrong.
>
> Why? How?
>
> Easy. Because I like AL.
>
> That said: AL should be reserved for 5v5 and up sized games.

Exactly. I have quite a few friends who enjoy it and use it whenever it’s available!

Personally though, it’s not my favorite ability, but it is useful when the game warrants it (for instance, on vehicular-based maps).

> If you make the mistake of coming close enough to beat me down while I am in AL, even in the TU, you about to get a melee to the bean and maybe even a side dish of EMP =D
>
> Im annoyed by radar jamming one floor up and down for invis, Im annoyed by sprinters getting to power weapons before me every time etc etc, but I dont petition to have AA removed because someone has managed to out play me with that AA or it has an advantage over me that my AA does not have.

ALEMP+Melee is not “outplaying” someone.

Regardless of whether you think Armor Lock is a good addition to the game, it is an undeniable fact that its laundry list of benefits and the utility of those benefits are not proportional to the minimal effort involved in the ability’s use. While the same could be said for Camo and Sprint, the benefits offered by Armor Lock are far more disproportionate than those offered by any other AA in the game.

> Just a question for anybody, does it feel weird to play a game and try and remove a feature because you dont like other people using it while being able to use it yourself but choosing not too?

If we were to play a game of dodgeball where either player was allowed to punch the other square in the face without limitation, facepunches would be “balanced” in the same manner that Armor Lock is “balanced”. However, facepunches wouldn’t be balanced relative to other tactics in the game (like sprinting), and they wouldn’t be enjoyable.

> Regardless of whether you think Armor Lock is a good addition to the game, it is an undeniable fact that its laundry list of benefits and the utility of those benefits are not proportional to the minimal effort involved in the ability’s use. While the same could be said for Camo and Sprint, the benefits offered by Armor Lock are far more disproportionate than those offered by any other AA in the game.

Also agreed.

My stance is that AL is a re-envisioning of the OS of old in an AA format. I never found much benefit in OS because I would pick it up and it would basically give me one easy thanks to the double layering of shields. I didn’t get any sense of value from it because it ensured what I probably could have done on my own without it. By basically condensing it, I get more sense of value from AL because there’s a direct reason to use it and a benefit from using it right. The primary example being ALing as a grenade lands at your feet.

Sadly the problem lies in being able to hold it forever. All of the other problems stem from that one ability.

[deleted]

I like it.

Carry on.

> Also agreed.
>
> My stance is that AL is a re-envisioning of the OS of old in an AA format. I never found much benefit in OS because I would pick it up and it would basically give me one easy thanks to the double layering of shields. I didn’t get any sense of value from it because it ensured what I probably could have done on my own without it. By basically condensing it, I get more sense of value from AL because there’s a direct reason to use it and a benefit from using it right. The primary example being ALing as a grenade lands at your feet.
>
> Sadly the problem lies in being able to hold it forever. All of the other problems stem from that one ability.

If they could’ve nerfed that aspect and maybe removed a few side-benefits, that would’ve been fine.

Max use time 1 second, EMP only affects vehicles, use time does not decrease with damage, no frosting, no instant-turnaround on exit, no unsticking or needlebreaking, no deflecting projectiles.

With those tweaks, the ability becomes more consistent (you won’t be forced out early), and remains useful but only if deployed with appropriate timing. You can still kill, stop, and stun vehicles; you can still survive stickies, needles, and projectiles; you can still survive everything else – but only if you time it right. The only things that would really be lost are glitchy frosting and melee-related BS, and no one could ever reasonably justify keeping either of those.

Unfortunately, the TU AL is all 343i could give us. That said – the removal of AL and the nerfing of AL to uselessness are both better for the game overall than keeping Vanilla AL in Matchmaking.

> no deflecting projectiles.

Sorry, this has to stay.

It’s just too funny to remove.

Not to mention that the chances of killing the player with a reflected projectile are incredibly low.

> Unfortunately, the TU AL is all 343i could give us. That said – the removal of AL and the nerfing of AL to uselessness are both better for the game overall than keeping Vanilla AL in Matchmaking.

Sadly, yes.

> Regardless of whether you think Armor Lock is a good addition to the game, it is an undeniable fact that its laundry list of benefits and the utility of those benefits are not proportional to the minimal effort involved in the ability’s use. While the same could be said for Camo and Sprint, the benefits offered by Armor Lock are far more disproportionate than those offered by any other AA in the game.

I’m going to have to disagree with this. What people tend to ignore is that if you choose Armor Lock, you don’t have any of the other AAs. You are sacrificing movement abilities (Sprint, Jetpack) that greatly increase your offensive power, for an ability that is almost purely defensive, and really only useful in conjunction with teamwork. I also do think that it takes skill and strategy to use correctly, since I personally don’t use it for the reason that I can’t seem to pull off any of the moves that other Armor Lockers tend to use.

That being said, it is annoying and frustrating sometimes. It definitely makes things choppy, and I firmly prefer a more flowing game. So, if you are going to take it out, take it out for that reason, not because it’s overpowered (it isn’t). Also, it should absolutely be taken out of FFA, since it’s basically a griefing button (deny your opponent a kill, but give a kill to another player).

Anniversary playlist, have you tried playing it?

> > no one likes it.
>
> And this is where you’re wrong and where I’m going to prove you wrong.
>
> Why? How?
>
> Easy. Because I like AL.
>
> That said: AL should be reserved for 5v5 and up sized games.

i agree with you, and i like the AL its the only thing what saves me from the 24/7 players