Take a Hint 343

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Your spin on Halo compared to Bungie’s original is flat out mediocre.
Stop trying your way and go back their way.
You did NOT go back to classic, this is nowhere NEAR a spiritual reboot.

1) You took Bungie’s art style and graphics, and turned it into bland textures and shiny metal, and thats 90% of the game - This slipspace was total overhype, this looks no better than Crackdown 3 letalone H2A and Halo 3 from MCC, MCC looks lightyears better than this due to art/graphics implimentation**.**
Completely DULL, FLAT, LIFELESS is the deffintion used for Halo 6.
Halo 6 demo campaign looks like it was made in Halo reach forge.
Take notes from Zelda breath of the WIld, a game that doesnt even come close to the power of any of the Xbox consoles, yet its more dynamic and full of life, you can feel the wind.

2) Get Marty’s scores back - get the idiots at Microsoft to approve communication bettween 343 and Marty so you can get the ORIGINAL scores instead of recreating the music by ear, because thats EXACTLY what it sounds like, it sounds like a fan rendition of the original score, nothing AAA about it.

3) Get FEEDBACK from the ORIGINAL developers on gameplay - You just created Call of Duty Black OPS 4 with this grapple hook action, rapid fire guns on almost everything, generic looking guns, and hit markers straight up pulled from COD.

Microsoft won this battle.
People on my side are the minority, you made Halo in favor of what the average majortiy gamer was playing since day 1.
Bungie made what they wanted and built ontop of that with the community.
Big difference.

Personally the music when Chief go up the elevator was one of the very few things I liked about the demo

yes the hexagonal structures look totally weird.
about the music, I did not understand why Kazuma Jinnouchi could not continue working, he did a great job.

The demo was great in my opinion. Halo is honestly at a point where it can’t please everyone so they try to compromise. The grappling abilities will not be a standard in mp like sprint has been and instead it will be a pickup just like Halo 3. Sprint isn’t that big of a deal either, I personally prefer it. I think Halo infinite is gonna be great and it will tap into that open world feeling we had in the 2nd mission of Halo CE :slight_smile:

> 2533274791752001;4:
> The demo was great in my opinion. Halo is honestly at a point where it can’t please everyone so they try to compromise. The grappling abilities will not be a standard in mp like sprint has been and instead it will be a pickup just like Halo 3. Sprint isn’t that big of a deal either, I personally prefer it. I think Halo infinite is gonna be great and it will tap into that open world feeling we had in the 2nd mission of Halo CE :slight_smile:

Thank you! I am honestly sick of undeserved hate for 343. While I was not a fan of halo 5, it doesn’t mean everything they did was bad. You have to be more open, I love classic halo, but we are never going to have another halo 3. We should want quality from 343, not the past. The community is so devided that we have to start making compromises. They will never be able to please everyone, so you just have to change what you are willing to try. I don’t like many of the things I see, but I’m willing to give it a try. Using the flood as an example, many people say that the flood have to be in Infinite or they will hate the game. On the complete other side, you have people saying that having the flood in the game would RUIN halo 3. I am just saying that what happens happens, I will judge in the end

> 2771188163568490;1:
> Your spin on Halo compared to Bungie’s original is flat out mediocre.
> Stop trying your way and go back their way.
> You did NOT go back to classic, this is nowhere NEAR a spiritual reboot.
>
> 1) You took Bungie’s art style and graphics, and turned it into bland textures and shiny metal, and thats 90% of the game - This slipspace was total overhype, this looks no better than Crackdown 3 letalone H2A and Halo 3 from MCC, MCC looks lightyears better than this due to art/graphics implimentation**.** Completely DULL, FLAT, LIFELESS is the deffintion used for Halo 6.
> **Halo 6 demo campaign looks like it was made in Halo reach forge.**Take notes from Zelda breath of the WIld, a game that doesnt even come close to the power of any of the Xbox consoles, yet its more dynamic and full of life, you can feel the wind.
> 2) Get Marty’s scores back - get the idiots at Microsoft to approve communication bettween 343 and Marty so you can get the ORIGINAL scores instead of recreating the music by ear, because thats EXACTLY what it sounds like, it sounds like a fan rendition of the original score, nothing AAA about it.
>
> 3) Get FEEDBACK from the ORIGINAL developers on gameplay - You just created Call of Duty Black OPS 4 with this grapple hook action, rapid fire guns on almost everything, generic looking guns, and hit markers straight up pulled from COD.
>
> Microsoft won this battle.
> People on my side are the minority, you made Halo in favor of what the average majortiy gamer was playing since day 1.
> Bungie made what they wanted and built ontop of that with the community.
> Big difference.

Let’s remember that Halo, aside from being a work of art, it is also a product. Going back to something 15 years ago is simply not sustainable, games have to show improvements in graphics and gameplay innovations ( although I guess they still need a lot of work).
The graphics is by far the worst thing in this demo in my opinion. It just does not look next gen. It looks something Halo 4 and Halo 2A could pull off better. I was watching Halo 5 E3 gameplay and it looks so much more complex, the environments and weapons have actual texture in them.
Music is still too early to judge, but I’m afraid it will just be a remix of old tracks and nothing new coming to the table. I already miss Kazuma Jinnouchi.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

If there’s one thing established beyond the shadow of any doubt in the past 8 years, it’s that 343 can not take a hint, nor will they listen to criticism from original trilogy fans, nor will they ever admit they did something wrong.

No kidding, it hurts my eyes seeing Hexagonal minecraft textured structures everywhere

> 2533274853549276;3:
> yes the hexagonal structures look totally weird.
> about the music, I did not understand why Kazuma Jinnouchi could not continue working, he did a great job.

Every halo ring has had its own style. The ring in halo one was very foresty with old structures. The ring in halo 3 was cold and snowy. This ring is broken up and the ground has been lifted from their original position. Practically the hexagonals are likely going to function to tell players where they can not go just like how the beam emitters in halo 1 told people where they could go. I like the design choice

> 2533275010793662;6:
> > 2771188163568490;1:
> > Your spin on Halo compared to Bungie’s original is flat out mediocre.
> > Stop trying your way and go back their way.
> > You did NOT go back to classic, this is nowhere NEAR a spiritual reboot.
> >
> > 1) You took Bungie’s art style and graphics, and turned it into bland textures and shiny metal, and thats 90% of the game - This slipspace was total overhype, this looks no better than Crackdown 3 letalone H2A and Halo 3 from MCC, MCC looks lightyears better than this due to art/graphics implimentation**.** Completely DULL, FLAT, LIFELESS is the deffintion used for Halo 6.
> > **Halo 6 demo campaign looks like it was made in Halo reach forge.**Take notes from Zelda breath of the WIld, a game that doesnt even come close to the power of any of the Xbox consoles, yet its more dynamic and full of life, you can feel the wind.
> > 2) Get Marty’s scores back - get the idiots at Microsoft to approve communication bettween 343 and Marty so you can get the ORIGINAL scores instead of recreating the music by ear, because thats EXACTLY what it sounds like, it sounds like a fan rendition of the original score, nothing AAA about it.
> >
> > 3) Get FEEDBACK from the ORIGINAL developers on gameplay - You just created Call of Duty Black OPS 4 with this grapple hook action, rapid fire guns on almost everything, generic looking guns, and hit markers straight up pulled from COD.
> >
> > Microsoft won this battle.
> > People on my side are the minority, you made Halo in favor of what the average majortiy gamer was playing since day 1.
> > Bungie made what they wanted and built ontop of that with the community.
> > Big difference.
>
> Let’s remember that Halo, aside from being a work of art, it is also a product. Going back to something 15 years ago is simply not sustainable, games have to show improvements in graphics and gameplay innovations ( although I guess they still need a lot of work).
> The graphics is by far the worst thing in this demo in my opinion. It just does not look next gen. It looks something Halo 4 and Halo 2A could pull off better. I was watching Halo 5 E3 gameplay and it looks so much more complex, the environments and weapons have actual texture in them.
> Music is still too early to judge, but I’m afraid it will just be a remix of old tracks and nothing new coming to the table. I already miss Kazuma Jinnouchi.

They still haven’t improved halos game play since halo 3 though. This demo looked like the reused bases they put in halo 5 war zone… Painted clay. And I want to know who decided to put that poorly done brute face up there for so long in a game where stuff is supposed to look real.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2535441118578282;5:
> > 2533274791752001;4:
> > The demo was great in my opinion. Halo is honestly at a point where it can’t please everyone so they try to compromise. The grappling abilities will not be a standard in mp like sprint has been and instead it will be a pickup just like Halo 3. Sprint isn’t that big of a deal either, I personally prefer it. I think Halo infinite is gonna be great and it will tap into that open world feeling we had in the 2nd mission of Halo CE :slight_smile:
>
> Thank you! I am honestly sick of undeserved hate for 343. While I was not a fan of halo 5, it doesn’t mean everything they did was bad. You have to be more open, I love classic halo, but we are never going to have another halo 3. We should want quality from 343, not the past. The community is so devided that we have to start making compromises. They will never be able to please everyone, so you just have to change what you are willing to try. I don’t like many of the things I see, but I’m willing to give it a try. Using the flood as an example, many people say that the flood have to be in Infinite or they will hate the game. On the complete other side, you have people saying that having the flood in the game would RUIN halo 3. I am just saying that what happens happens, I will judge in the end

Undeserved hate for 343? lmao did you not remember how 343 just copy-pasted CoD mechanics when they were saying “we are not chasing trends, we are making our own thing” back when Halo 4 was about to be released? how they delivered Halo MCC back in 2014, considered one of the most disastrous launches in videogames history? The misleading Halo 5’s promotional “Hunt the truth”? The blatant lie that was making MCC on PC a “True PC experience and not just a mere port”?

They deserve all the hate they’re getting because of their past bad takes on Halo and they reluctance on recognize their mistakes instead of just bringing up lies and excuses like “legacy bug”. Guess some people don’t mind when they are being lied right in their face, but many people do.

> 2592250499807011;7:
> If there’s one thing established beyond the shadow of any doubt in the past 8 years, it’s that 343 can not take a hint, nor will they listen to criticism from original trilogy fans, nor will they ever admit they did something wrong.

Yes because you purchase of their games starting 20 years ago means that they owe you.
Games evolve and change for better or worse you have to deal with that. I second this:

> 2535441118578282;5:
> > 2533274791752001;4:
> > The demo was great in my opinion. Halo is honestly at a point where it can’t please everyone so they try to compromise. The grappling abilities will not be a standard in mp like sprint has been and instead it will be a pickup just like Halo 3. Sprint isn’t that big of a deal either, I personally prefer it. I think Halo infinite is gonna be great and it will tap into that open world feeling we had in the 2nd mission of Halo CE :slight_smile:
>
> Thank you! I am honestly sick of undeserved hate for 343. While I was not a fan of halo 5, it doesn’t mean everything they did was bad. You have to be more open, I love classic halo, but we are never going to have another halo 3. We should want quality from 343, not the past. The community is so devided that we have to start making compromises. They will never be able to please everyone, so you just have to change what you are willing to try. I don’t like many of the things I see, but I’m willing to give it a try. Using the flood as an example, many people say that the flood have to be in Infinite or they will hate the game. On the complete other side, you have people saying that having the flood in the game would RUIN halo 3. I am just saying that what happens happens, I will judge in the end

> 2533274862926994;12:
> > 2592250499807011;7:
> > If there’s one thing established beyond the shadow of any doubt in the past 8 years, it’s that 343 can not take a hint, nor will they listen to criticism from original trilogy fans, nor will they ever admit they did something wrong.
>
> Yes because you purchase of their games starting 20 years ago means that they owe you.
> Games evolve and change for better or worse you have to deal with that. I second this:
>
>
> > 2535441118578282;5:
> > > 2533274791752001;4:
> > > The demo was great in my opinion. Halo is honestly at a point where it can’t please everyone so they try to compromise. The grappling abilities will not be a standard in mp like sprint has been and instead it will be a pickup just like Halo 3. Sprint isn’t that big of a deal either, I personally prefer it. I think Halo infinite is gonna be great and it will tap into that open world feeling we had in the 2nd mission of Halo CE :slight_smile:
> >
> > Thank you! I am honestly sick of undeserved hate for 343. While I was not a fan of halo 5, it doesn’t mean everything they did was bad. You have to be more open, I love classic halo, but we are never going to have another halo 3. We should want quality from 343, not the past. The community is so devided that we have to start making compromises. They will never be able to please everyone, so you just have to change what you are willing to try. I don’t like many of the things I see, but I’m willing to give it a try. Using the flood as an example, many people say that the flood have to be in Infinite or they will hate the game. On the complete other side, you have people saying that having the flood in the game would RUIN halo 3. I am just saying that what happens happens, I will judge in the end

Where did I imply I was owed anything? If 343 wants to keep churning out mediocre games that’s their prerogative.

343’s hate is well deserved. Halo 4 was call of duty in a halo skin at launch and chased away the vast majority of the halo fanbase they inherited within its first year. The devs explicitly hired people who disliked the original games. Halo MCC was the most broken launch of a AAA game ever. Halo 5’s campaign was an absolute joke, and while the multiplayer was alright, it was nothing like the original games and didn’t have anything close to the older games’ player retention (why that is the case is up for debate, but it’s the reality).

Throughout all this process, 343 has continued to believe that changing the core original formula of the first three games is the path to success. And there’s just no evidence to back that up. What evidence does exist suggests the opposite. There are plenty of ways to change and improve a game like Halo 3 that are not “let’s throw in sprint and spartan abilities and some Ubisoft or Call of Duty mechanics”

343 has the right to make whatever they want. Good for them. But in my opinion, and judging by the player retention of all their games the opinion of many others, their decisions are not positive for the halo franchise.

You’re welcome to your opinion. But.

> 2771188163568490;1:
> Your spin on Halo compared to Bungie’s original is flat out mediocre.
> Stop trying your way and go back their way.

Just stop. BUNGIE IS NEVER COMING BACK. They are Donald Gennaro in Jurassic Park. They left you in the Explorer, ran away from Halo, and now you’ve had two options since 2010; climb out of the Explorer and move on, or stay in the puke-spattered wreck.

> You did NOT go back to classic, this is nowhere NEAR a spiritual reboot.

They never said they were going “back to classic”, the toxic Bungie Stans assumed this was so based on nothing more than armor that looks a little more reminiscent of Halo 3 (it’s Halo 4: FUD, but small potatoes). This is a spiritual reboot, it’s just not a Reboot to Halo 3.2. This is 343’s game. Not Bungie’s and not yours.

> 2533274804813082;14:
> You’re welcome to your opinion. But.
>
>
>
>
> > 2771188163568490;1:
> > Your spin on Halo compared to Bungie’s original is flat out mediocre.
> > Stop trying your way and go back their way.
>
> Just stop. BUNGIE IS NEVER COMING BACK. They are Donald Gennaro in Jurassic Park. They left you in the Explorer, ran away from Halo, and now you’ve had two options since 2010; climb out of the Explorer and move on, or stay in the puke-spattered wreck.
>
>
>
>
> > You did NOT go back to classic, this is nowhere NEAR a spiritual reboot.
>
> They never said they were going “back to classic”, the toxic Bungie Stans assumed this was so based on nothing more than armor that looks a little more reminiscent of Halo 3 (it’s Halo 4: FUD, but small potatoes). This is a spiritual reboot, it’s just not a Reboot to Halo 3.2. This is 343’s game. Not Bungie’s and not yours.

Its still looks bad either way.

Don’t worry. The graphics are just a legacy bug :^)

> 2533274887613159;15:
> > 2533274804813082;14:
> > You’re welcome to your opinion. But.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2771188163568490;1:
> > > Your spin on Halo compared to Bungie’s original is flat out mediocre.
> > > Stop trying your way and go back their way.
> >
> > Just stop. BUNGIE IS NEVER COMING BACK. They are Donald Gennaro in Jurassic Park. They left you in the Explorer, ran away from Halo, and now you’ve had two options since 2010; climb out of the Explorer and move on, or stay in the puke-spattered wreck.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > You did NOT go back to classic, this is nowhere NEAR a spiritual reboot.
> >
> > They never said they were going “back to classic”, the toxic Bungie Stans assumed this was so based on nothing more than armor that looks a little more reminiscent of Halo 3 (it’s Halo 4: FUD, but small potatoes). This is a spiritual reboot, it’s just not a Reboot to Halo 3.2. This is 343’s game. Not Bungie’s and not yours.
>
> Its still looks bad either way.

That’s your opinion and some others. I’m more than satisfied with the graphics, lighting, et cetera. As are others.

> 2533274886490718;17:
> > 2533274887613159;15:
> > > 2533274804813082;14:
> > > You’re welcome to your opinion. But.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > 2771188163568490;1:
> > > > Your spin on Halo compared to Bungie’s original is flat out mediocre.
> > > > Stop trying your way and go back their way.
> > >
> > > Just stop. BUNGIE IS NEVER COMING BACK. They are Donald Gennaro in Jurassic Park. They left you in the Explorer, ran away from Halo, and now you’ve had two options since 2010; climb out of the Explorer and move on, or stay in the puke-spattered wreck.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > You did NOT go back to classic, this is nowhere NEAR a spiritual reboot.
> > >
> > > They never said they were going “back to classic”, the toxic Bungie Stans assumed this was so based on nothing more than armor that looks a little more reminiscent of Halo 3 (it’s Halo 4: FUD, but small potatoes). This is a spiritual reboot, it’s just not a Reboot to Halo 3.2. This is 343’s game. Not Bungie’s and not yours.
> >
> > Its still looks bad either way.
>
> That’s your opinion and some others. I’m more than satisfied with the graphics, lighting, et cetera. As are others.

Thats your opinion and some others. I’m more dissatisfied with the graphics. The brute at the end looked like a 360 character graphically. The combat area consisted of a bunch of boxes even though we’re fighting aliens. and 343 still hasn’t told us if sprint is out of multiplayer. So i’m dissatisfied. As are others.

I personally really enjoyed the showing and it shows there is a lot of respect towards making what made the original combat feel so great here. Very tight and punchy feel. Yup pretty much loved it. It’s very hard to fully recreate something exactly from what you want from it but having watched this showing a good 4 or 5 times now it’s clear they have a dedicated side of the team responsible to replicating the original weight from combat. The game still needs to be mysterious and with a sense of scale but I’m pleased with how this short look feels in motion at least. In terms of purely fun at least, this looks like it’s set to fire on all cylinders. There’s much more of course to why the original HaloCE is so very good of course and that’s something we can’t know with this game

But a very well done to the team

and at last the shotgun has some range again

> 2533274887613159;18:
> > 2533274886490718;17:
> > > 2533274887613159;15:
> > > > 2533274804813082;14:
> > > > You’re welcome to your opinion. But.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > 2771188163568490;1:
> > > > > Your spin on Halo compared to Bungie’s original is flat out mediocre.
> > > > > Stop trying your way and go back their way.
> > > >
> > > > Just stop. BUNGIE IS NEVER COMING BACK. They are Donald Gennaro in Jurassic Park. They left you in the Explorer, ran away from Halo, and now you’ve had two options since 2010; climb out of the Explorer and move on, or stay in the puke-spattered wreck.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > You did NOT go back to classic, this is nowhere NEAR a spiritual reboot.
> > > >
> > > > They never said they were going “back to classic”, the toxic Bungie Stans assumed this was so based on nothing more than armor that looks a little more reminiscent of Halo 3 (it’s Halo 4: FUD, but small potatoes). This is a spiritual reboot, it’s just not a Reboot to Halo 3.2. This is 343’s game. Not Bungie’s and not yours.
> > >
> > > Its still looks bad either way.
> >
> > That’s your opinion and some others. I’m more than satisfied with the graphics, lighting, et cetera. As are others.
>
> Thats your opinion and some others. I’m more dissatisfied with the graphics. The brute at the end looked like a 360 character graphically. The combat area consisted of a bunch of boxes even though we’re fighting aliens. and 343 still hasn’t told us if sprint is out of multiplayer. So i’m dissatisfied. As are others.

And that’s alright by any means. As long as people keep it constructive and civilized, all’s peachy.
It’s still a simple demo after all, a lot can change until it’s released and even afterwards it’ll still be supported
and things will be open for change. I highly disadvise to judge a game like Halo by an eight-minute demo.