tailored for e-sports

343i has said that halo 5 will be tailored for esports… it feels like it’s actually the complete opposite, spartans calling out where the bad guys are, announcer telling you at 30 sec, then 10 sec, when power weapons will respawn, and then a huge emblem on the map where they spawn… hasn’t knowing where the bad guys are, timing and spawn locations of power weapons always been part of the competitiveness… seems like they are making this game for complete BKs just like they did with halo 4…

The gameplay is tailored for estports. Those features are there to make it easier for non-esports players to get into the swing of things. Remember, this is a beta. You will most likely be able to turn that stuff off in Custom Games for esports, so complaining about it in a very early beta build isn’t worth it. People should pester 343i to find out if they have plans for this though.

> 2533274814855881;2:
> The gameplay is tailored for estports. Those features are there to make it easier for non-esports players to get into the swing of things. Remember, this is a beta. You will most likely be able to turn that stuff off in Custom Games for esports, so complaining about it in a very early beta build isn’t worth it. People should pester 343i to find out if they have plans for this though.

i’m not necessarily complaining about it, just curious as to how making the game so any ol down syndrome kid can do well, is tailoring to competitive gaming… turning it off for competitive play does make sense, but it doesnt help with getting new players into e-sports for this game…

When you’re calling other people BKs, that’s usually just a sign that you suck.

Spartan Chatter is to plug the communication gap in matchmaking, since hardly anyone uses mics any more. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was turned off for tournaments.

Weapon Indicators are like in normal sports. Changes to the field of play are made obvious to all players.

The way I see it, map knowledge now comes down to knowing the best routes and tricks etc, rather than weapon placements. It’s a different kind of skill gap.

People don’t seem to notice the point of these features. Good players don’t need these features. These are for newer/lesser skilled players…But is is a bad thing.

What this is doing is making these new comers to Halo play like good players have always played. It’s teaching them how to be good without them even knowing it.

They will adapt to timing weapons and learning callouts naturally. They won’t have to go to a forum or a website to learn how to play anymore. Call it noobish, because it kind of is, but it’s educating the people who always went 2 and -15 how to play finally. More people will be playing smart and the desire to get better at the game will help competitive Halo and the E-sports scene grow.

There is nothing bad about the competitive scene growing