Tagging

So, I had an idea for Halo 4.

Basically, when you aim at an enemy, if you keep them in your crosshair for 3 seconds, they will be tagged and visible on your team’s HUDs. This is good for pointing out Snipers you can’t reach with your weapons, or for letting teammates know where fights are going on. After all, when 3 or 4 enemies pop up, it’s obvious there’s a battle going on. And, if you don’t want to give away your position while sniping, you can tag people for your team to deal with.

> So, I had an idea for Halo 4.
>
> Basically, when you aim at an enemy, if you keep them in your crosshair for 3 seconds, they will be tagged and visible on your team’s HUDs. This is good for pointing out Snipers you can’t reach with your weapons, or for letting teammates know where fights are going on. After all, when 3 or 4 enemies pop up, it’s obvious there’s a battle going on. And, if you don’t want to give away your position while sniping, you can tag people for your team to deal with.

I don’t like it. It would encorage gang ups.

> > So, I had an idea for Halo 4.
> >
> > Basically, when you aim at an enemy, if you keep them in your crosshair for 3 seconds, they will be tagged and visible on your team’s HUDs. This is good for pointing out Snipers you can’t reach with your weapons, or for letting teammates know where fights are going on. After all, when 3 or 4 enemies pop up, it’s obvious there’s a battle going on. And, if you don’t want to give away your position while sniping, you can tag people for your team to deal with.
>
> I don’t like it. It would encorage gang ups.

Works just fine in Battlefield 3.

Battlefield forums are they way------->

> > So, I had an idea for Halo 4.
> >
> > Basically, when you aim at an enemy, if you keep them in your crosshair for 3 seconds, they will be tagged and visible on your team’s HUDs. This is good for pointing out Snipers you can’t reach with your weapons, or for letting teammates know where fights are going on. After all, when 3 or 4 enemies pop up, it’s obvious there’s a battle going on. And, if you don’t want to give away your position while sniping, you can tag people for your team to deal with.
>
> I don’t like it. It would encorage gang ups.

Like Brink Operatives’ Homing Beacon ability? Could be interesting… If they have spare development time, it’d be nice to see it added as an option that they could test in specific playlists, without it being a part of standard gameplay.

At this point, I personally think that if they add anything new (where “new” = “post-Halo 3”), they sure as hell should give us as many alternatives to it as possible. One of the reasons Reach is so intolerable to so many is because many of Bungie’s mistakes (and many things that are perceived as mistakes) are literally impossible to correct. This would be one of those “make damn sure it’s reversible” changes.

> So, I had an idea for Halo 4.
>
> Basically, when you aim at an enemy, if you keep them in your crosshair for 3 seconds, they will be tagged and visible on your team’s HUDs. This is good for pointing out Snipers you can’t reach with your weapons, or for letting teammates know where fights are going on. After all, when 3 or 4 enemies pop up, it’s obvious there’s a battle going on. And, if you don’t want to give away your position while sniping, you can tag people for your team to deal with.

Something like this? >>>> D-Pad SITREP