Tactical Slayer Changes Needed NOW

First, they need to get rid of the variant weapons, they do NOT belong here. If I want them I’ll just go play regular slayer. Manglers in Swat?? I don’t get it. Second, the spawns are TERRIBLE!. I get spawned right in front of an enemy at least twice (sometimes more) in every game. Why? These maps are big enough where this should NOT be a problem.

8 Likes

Exactly! Not sure what their motivation was to change things up. Variant weapons should be a once in every 8-10 games and the rest should be BR’s. They need to get rid of the commando as that rifle is awful. The mangler? What is that even supposed to be? Certainly not a Swat weapon. Keep that crap in regular slayer!! Swat is supposed to be a precision shooting one-head-shot kills game. They have lost their way. I will keep quitting and quitting games until it is fixed, because right now it is broken.

4 Likes

Put of curiosity, wy is the mangler not considered SWAT weapon? It kills the target as intended doesn’t it?

All that’s needed is Swat BR mode separating BR from normal swat.

3 Likes

Need ranked swat, br only. Then swat fiesta, throw in some stuff like swatguns and swatflag.

4 Likes

Honestly SWAT as a term is just misused in Halo. SWAT in Halo context just means “no shields headshot”

Mangler Projectile drop and travel time really just doesn’t feel SWAT-ish if that makes sense.

Personally, I want the Commando to be the new SWAT staple. Headshots are kills, bodyshots are punished. Perfect weapon for this mode.

4 Likes

I liked Pistol Swat as well. I do know it wasn’t for everyone, but I had fun with it.

2 Likes

Agreed
Cmon 343 do something.

I’m pretty sure most of the devs must not play test the game or never played Halo previously for them to make these kind of bad decisions.

2 Likes

I think the Mangler is the only one I don’t like in the playlist as it’s only a couple of body shots. If they lowered body damage then maybe. Also, the other weapons feel right to me for a game of swat.

1 Like

I am not worried about the weapon variants being in SWAT…the Stalker rifle was fun…

What is the biggest problem is that those weapons are included in the base rotation of SWAT matches.

There should be two SWAT playlists. SImple enough.

SWAT and SWAT Social/SWAT Variant where the latter playlist has all SWAT variant weapons and the former is JUST battle rifles.

2 Likes

I agree, I came here specifically to mention this after I had 3 games in a row of manglers, then stalker rifle then mangler again. 4/5 games mangler and then the other a mediocre gun for swat. It is just not fun. I go to swat specifically for fast gameplay to do while I want to pass time.

Usually its very easy and doesn’t need much thought put into playing it and I can just mess around. But these variants just make it either slow or just frustrating. I am in Australia and most of my games are 150-250 ping, Combine that with manglers and god forgive me, but it makes me really tempted to just quit one of my favourite games.

Also ranked swat with BR only plz :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I enjoy some of the variants, but I think that they should have two tac slayer playlists if they want to keep these in full time.
-Classic SWAT (BR only)
-Tactical Slayer (BR+Variant SWAT)
With this, I think that both sides would be satisfied.

2 Likes

At least they should stop forcing us to play these variants cause we can not even choose what weapon variant we wanna play there. If they would at least let us pick a Tactical Slayer Mangler or Tactical Slayer Stalkerrifle mode. But putting it all in one and foce use once more to play stuff we don’t want to play, is horrible.

1 Like

This, old school swat players like myself, this is all we want. Like I said in another thread, we are playing the game that they want us to play, not the game that WE want to play. I mean is it that hard just to make separate playlists? I feel like I’m missing something, it just feels like a no brainer with very minimal effort needed on their part

1 Like

Would like to see a “full loadout” SWAT included, as past Halos have done
One where you have a BR and a Sidekick and frag grenades. Maybe give everyone Thruster equipment too

Im not a diehard swat guy, but i enjoy the variants.
In a game with so little content i dont see why so many people want less.

2 Likes

Kind of how slayer has its own playlist while team objective is mixed into quickplay. I think Tac Slayer should just be BRs and Tac Ops is the other 4 for people who want to mix things up. Personally, I like the variants (specifically Stalkers and Commandos). Plus they’re helpful weapon challenges.

The spawns are a massive issue across the game. As soon as desync and issues with aiming are fixed I’ll be complaining heavily about spawns. I have close to forty clips of me spawning within feet of someone.

If you’re close up then yes it can kill with one shot. These maps are too open and if you’re a distance away then they are a pain in the -Yoink!-. Shoot, shoot and shoot and try to figure out how much drop there will be. With rifles and pistols you aim and shoot, THAT is Swat. And the reload is horrible. NOT a rifle or a pistol which are what we’ve always had.

1 Like

I agree with this. When I saw the Tact Ops event, I was pretty thrilled about trying different SWAT variants for 2 weeks. But then those two weeks passed, and those variants were still in the game, and completely ruined the vibe of the gamemode for me. I don’t play Infinite anymore now.
I just can’t deal with constantly changing guns in the gamemode, because then I have to relearn how to use it in SWAT, and then I’m really bad at the game. I loved BR SWAT and it needs to stay. I agree with another commenter that there needs to be two playlists for it, have our regular Tact Slayer with BR starts, and then have Tact Ops for those other SWAT variants.

2 Likes