Tactical Package "Shielding"

What are your thoughts on this specific tactical package? I was using it and I honestly didn’t even notice a difference.
It says: Shielding speeds up your armor’s energy shield recharge rate.
What do you guys think about this? I’ll even throw in a poll for yous.

actually is true, the shield recharge a little faster, but just a little bit faster

i don’t really use it, i prefer any other tactical package

I have never noticed a change. I figured i’d give you slightly sturdier shields. (110% or something along those lines.)

Kinda like Juggernaut on CoD 4 back in the day.

If it reduced the delay, then in might be useful.

> If it reduced the delay, then in might be useful.

My thoughts^

> <mark>actually is true, the shield recharge a little faster, but just a little bit faster</mark>
>
> i don’t really use it, i prefer any other tactical package

That.

Also,one of its better uses is if you are a gunner on a Hog…have the Gunner mod and the Shielding package if you are the gunner.

Shield regen should be faster without this

For anyone that doesn’t know:
Shielding Package + Stepping into a Regen Field doesn’t “Stack” BUT No Shield + Shielding + Regen THEN stepping out of it does speed it along a little.

EDIT: Explanation: Regen reduces Delay + Shielding speeds up recharge.

(I have not tested this in a few months so might be fixed. If not the two go well together.)

Yeah other then that, I’m still not really seeing a use for it…

It depends on playstyle. For me i creep on edges of maps. Occasionally stepping in to the map. So i don’t take the heat often thus my shields are almost fully up in the next battle. Even if i get rushed.

For someone who’s constantly in a fight its not so useful.

It’ll sometimes buy me an extra second when I need it but it’d be better if it sped up the delay as others have said.

I think its yet another excuse for them to use armor mods to neuter your spartan of his (up till now) natural abilities.

• Slow movement, huge maps? Sprint
  • Slow as molasses shield recharge. Shielding mod
    -Cant pick up grenades? Resupply.

Its ridiculous, and shouldn’t be this way at all.

> It depends on playstyle. For me i creep on edges of maps. Occasionally stepping in to the map. So i don’t take the heat often thus my shields are almost fully up in the next battle. Even if i get rushed.
>
> For someone who’s constantly in a fight its not so useful.

See that’s probably why it’s barely of any use to me… I’m always the one to jump in the fights.