tactical grenades in halo

this is one of the biggest things on my halo 5 wish list. tactical grenades would work soooo well with halos gameplay and grenading system, seriously about 100x better than with cods or other realist shooters that have them. there are so many times that i could put a smoke or flashbang to amazing use. for example on solace i could smoke our snipe spawn and safely take it, even if my opponets got theirs first.

flashbangs and stun grenades would be awsome! they would actually be useful in halo unlike games that currently have them. when you think about, its like why the heck have they not been in halo all along? makes perfect sense they would be too realisticaly.

so what do you guys think? good idea huh

Not really. It just doesn’t really seem like something that would fit in Halo. I’ve never had a situation where I thought I could use smoke grenades or a flashbang or something. Honestly, I think it’s better off staying in CoD.

Stun nades would be the most hated thing ever added to the franchise. Smoke nades could work though.

not only do these kinds of Grenades not work well with Halo’s Gameplay,
they work terribly with Halo’s CANNON

a Spartan’s Helmet is made to completely nullify the effect of Flashbangs
and the motion tracker nullifies the effect of a smoke grenade

Pulse grenades are your tactical grenades.

> not only do these kinds of Grenades not work well with Halo’s Gameplay,
> they work terribly with Halo’s CANNON
>
> a Spartan’s Helmet is made to completely nullify the effect of Flashbangs
> and the motion tracker nullifies the effect of a smoke grenade

that flash thing seemed to work just fine in halo 3, and even if you can see them on the motion sensor you still cant see THEM. and what if they are outside motion sensor range?

> Pulse grenades are your tactical grenades.

Aye, this is as close as we’re likely to get again. Which, honestly, works pretty well for me. It can provide just enough distraction to use to your advantage. And it’s a great obstacle in Objective games, where even one extra second’s reprieve can help you win.

Halo 3 had a piece of equipment called the Flare. I thought it was the worst offering of that game… never really did fit in Halo IMHO. Better suited to Counterstrike type games I say.

How about a gravity nade?

Like, in it’s immediate area of effect, all ballistic bullets would arc down, and things like rockets would drop flat on the floor and explode. Idk, jsut had the idea. =P

> Halo 3 had a piece of equipment called the Flare. I thought it was the worst offering of that game… never really did fit in Halo IMHO. Better suited to Counterstrike type games I say.

Oh god, how brutes in Tsavo highway loved to infinitely throw them at you.

I think sci-fi wise they could add stuff like slow nades or gravity nades, but a lot of people would just complain they ‘slow the game down’.

> > not only do these kinds of Grenades not work well with Halo’s Gameplay,
> > they work terribly with Halo’s CANNON
> >
> > a Spartan’s Helmet is made to completely nullify the effect of Flashbangs
> > and the motion tracker nullifies the effect of a smoke grenade
>
> that flash thing seemed to work just fine in halo 3, and even if you can see them on the motion sensor you still cant see THEM. and what if they are outside motion sensor range?

LOL no it didnt. The first few months in matchmaking… they took it out of ALL online matchmaking maps.

Nobody wants your flash crap in Halo. IF you want it so bad… put a COD disc in your XBOX. Satisfied?

Sammy, you really want to make halo more CoD-like.
No, I think that the only grenade types I want added are spikes and flames.

AA’s are good enough. the only tacticle grenades that would work is smoke grenades other than that NO.

They need to bring back the flame grenade :slight_smile:

Tactical grenades would slow down the gameplay considerably. I don’t think they fit in Halo.

I think they could work. If not for MP at least for halo 5 campaign

Smoke grenades that last a few seconds
H3 flare put into a grenade.

> Sammy, you really want to make halo more CoD-like.
> No, I think that the only grenade types I want added are spikes and flames.

more CoD like is not a bad thing, quite the contrary. halo and cod both borrow ideas from each other to make mutually better games. i really feel tac nades could add a lot to halo in terms of strategic gameplay and it would be a refreshing break to throw something besides a frag or a plasma (yawn).

The helmet is entirely resistant to a flashbang.

The motion tracker negates smoke screen (BUT I’d rather have smoke screen as an Armor Ability than Active Camo -_- )

While we’re at it, let’s also add kill streaks, aiming down sights, and weapon mods to the list of things to copy from CoD. It’s already copied half of CoD anyway.

Just because something is fun in one game does not mean it will be fun in a completely different game. Sprint, loadouts, and perks proved that.

> > Sammy, you really want to make halo more CoD-like.
> > No, I think that the only grenade types I want added are spikes and flames.
>
> more CoD like is not a bad thing, quite the contrary. halo and cod both borrow ideas from each other to make mutually better games. i really feel tac nades could add a lot to halo in terms of strategic gameplay and it would be a refreshing break to throw something besides a frag or a plasma (yawn).

The satisfaction from sticking someone with a plasma grenade is far more than that of just having different grenades for the sake of it.

I really didnt think the flare was that amazing in halo 3, and reach tried doing a stun-like grenade thing with the concussion rifle (made your spartan hear a loud and iritating ringing noise when shot at with it).

Honestly if they bring any grenade back, it should be the halo 3 spike and flame grenades first.

> I really didnt think the flare was that amazing in halo 3, and reach tried doing a stun-like grenade thing with the concussion rifle (made your spartan hear a loud and iritating ringing noise when shot at with it).
>
> Honestly if they bring any grenade back, it should be the halo 3 spike and flame grenades first.

idk, the flame grenade was an area denial grenade, surpassed by the more versatile pulse grenade. the spike grenade never made sense to me, the plasma grenade fills the exact same role. the only thing weapon wise i want back from h3 are the various heavy weapons like the missle pod and the flame thrower they did away with.