system Link co op lag

First, apologies for the title caps. I’m posting this from my iPod and it auto caps anything I type in the title bar for some reason. Now, has anyone else experienced pretty bad button lag while playing system link co op? Like the kind you get when you play Reach co op online? I’ve experienced this several times while playing co op with my roommate. It’s always whoever isn’t party leader and we both have experienced it. Anyone else?

Yeah me and my room-mate are experiencing the same thing, I assumed it was just my router being dodgy and rubbish. unsure how to fix this issue, but I have had problems.

I’m unable to test this until I get a second copy. Anyone else having this problem?

> Yeah me and my room-mate are experiencing the same thing, I assumed it was just my router being dodgy and rubbish. unsure how to fix this issue, but I have had problems.

It’s not your router. My roommate and I were connected directly system to system all the times we experienced it.

How do you have the two Xboxes connected? I’m curious because I’ve never done that before.

> How do you have the two Xboxes connected? I’m curious because I’ve never done that before.

The only way you can do system link without a router? One Ethernet cable running from the back of one Xbox to the other.

Yup. If you directly connect them, you need whats called a crossover cable. Though you can circumvent that by going through a router/hub/switch. the crossover cable flips the wire order around. A regular ethernet cable doesnt and it would confuse the xboxs.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/troubleshoot/kb/connect-xbox-360-consoles-together-for-system-link-play-910583
Or
http://www.locopuyo.com/xboxlan.html

This is pretty interesting, because if the co op lag still exists over system link, then all the theories about the online co op lag being because of CE’s lack of netcode would be total rubbish.

> This is pretty interesting, because if the co op lag still exists over system link, then all the theories about the online co op lag being because of CE’s lack of netcode would be total rubbish.

not if the netcode and system link work in the same way but yes, this is odd.

> This is pretty interesting, because if the co op lag still exists over system link, then all the theories about the online co op lag being because of CE’s lack of netcode would be total rubbish.

Exactly!! If the system link is broken then there is without a shadow of a doubt a problem with the game. A problem that you would think they would have found during testing.

It’s weird because halo 1 originally didn’t lag at all over co op system link. In fact it makes very little sense that any game would lag over co op system link regardless of net code.

> > This is pretty interesting, because if the co op lag still exists over system link, then all the theories about the online co op lag being because of CE’s lack of netcode would be total rubbish.
>
> not if the netcode and system link work in the same way but yes, this is odd.

Thats just garbage. If there are people who are able to play this game over live without lag (as they claim) then anyone should be able to play system link.

> > > This is pretty interesting, because if the co op lag still exists over system link, then all the theories about the online co op lag being because of CE’s lack of netcode would be total rubbish.
> >
> > not if the netcode and system link work in the same way but yes, this is odd.
>
> Thats just garbage. If there are people who are able to play this game over live without lag (as they claim) then anyone should be able to play system link.

and how long is the ethernet cable…?
now i’m just making up things but anyway, i wonder if it could be down to which xbox people are using.

as of yet, i don’t think anyone has stated if they are using slims or not…

> now i’m just making up things but anyway,

The first honest thing you have said :wink:

> > now i’m just making up things but anyway,
>
> The first honest thing you have said :wink:

i’ve been honest this entire time, not once have i even lied.

it’s also nice at how you ignored the rest of the post and picked out that one thing that has little to no meaning.

I will rephrase: Its the first TRUE thing you have said.

> I will rephrase: Its the first TRUE thing you have said.

other things i have said could also be true and could also be false, no one has confirmed either way yet.

> > I will rephrase: Its the first TRUE thing you have said.
>
> other things i have said could also be true and could also be false, no one has confirmed either way yet.

Nothing is true until it has been proved. Otherwise I could run about and say anything I like about anything I want and you have to beleive its true. Fail.

> > > I will rephrase: Its the first TRUE thing you have said.
> >
> > other things i have said could also be true and could also be false, no one has confirmed either way yet.
>
> Nothing is true until it has been proved. Otherwise I could run about and say anything I like about anything I want and you have to beleive its true. Fail.

that goes both ways, it has to be proven false aswell, you can’t just go running around saying something is false because it hasn’t been proven to be true, that is just silly.

Enough people have complained about this proving that there is a problem. True.
I make no other claims.