Swords in Matchmaking

We should have Swords in Rumble Pit and Team Swords in Multi Team.

Agreed! I was thinking the same exact thing the other day!

That’s a definite NO in rumble pit. You have no idea how easy it is for me to win every single game on countdown because I -Yoink!- the shotgun.

> That’s a definite NO in rumble pit. You have no idea how easy it is for me to win every single game on countdown because I -Yoink!- the shotgun.

There’s no shotguns in Swords. Only the Energy Sword.

Because of the sword block mechanic and how it affects swordplay, most clashes between two swordsmen end in a simultaneous death after the third strike. If sword block is removed, this limitation will go and hopefully swordplay will return to its old state, whereby timing becomes exponentially more important as the battle goes on. Now THAT is some skill based game play.

“skill?” If spamming the B button (right bumper) is thedeffinition of skill for you, then that makes me wonder what you specialize in…

> “skill?” If spamming the B button (right bumper) is thedeffinition of skill for you, then that makes me wonder what you specialize in…

I was referring to a personal experience of Halo 3 sword fighting, wherein (on a good host) it took some skill in choosing when to attack, which direction to move…it was more skill-based than Halo Reach sword fights, wherein players are dead after three clashes of the sword. I was not trying to assert that sword fighting was the epitome of skill, nor was I trying to make any sort of argument even close to the base topic of skill.

Definitely! I’d love to see some sword action! Maybe even some Stab-Out (Elimination Sword Slayer)! Thats one thing thats missing from Reach’s arsenal of playlists.

The TU’d version of sword block ONLY makes sense in a swords game, as no other map/game type has more than one sword.

I’m open to any power weapons added to Rumble Pit. In an active Rumble Pit game, a sword user wouldn’t last that long once everybody gangs up on him.

> The TU’d version of sword block ONLY makes sense in a swords game, as no other map/game type has more than one sword.

This.

So this looks lik we’ll be getting sword games some time in the future. Oh joy… :expressionless:

> I’m open to any power weapons added to Rumble Pit. In an active Rumble Pit game, a sword user wouldn’t last that long once everybody gangs up on him.

No, it was a gametype in Halo 3.