Sword Shield Combo!

This is a random thought and may not deserve a thread. But what if you could use the hardlight shield and have your energy sword show at the same time. Wait come back. It’s even better because it’d just be an aesthetic and if anything it shows the enemy what weapon your wielding but you can’t use the sword. It would be a nice touch for custom games and machinimas. You can create “armies”. Tens of spartans marching with Infinite hardlight shields and energy swords. Ahh I can see it now. I was thinking that you should be able to use the sword but not the lunge but then people would complain about campers with the shield+ sword combo and it could get out of hand despite all the counters to the shield.

So your idea is that a Hardlight Shield user carrying an Energy Sword should have the Sword drawn but unusable while their HLS is active?

> So your idea is that a Hardlight Shield user carrying an Energy Sword should have the Sword drawn but unusable while their HLS is active?

Pretty much. Like I said it would look good in custom games. The only way I see it as an advantage in matchmaking is if you could wield this combo but the sword has no lunge, is slower, and has its power cut in half.

I can see a totally awesome gametype spawning off your idea. It could be called Medieval Slayer, the player has the choice of a loadout with sword or hammer and hardlight shield as an armor ability. I think it could be pretty cool!

Double XP weekend idea? I would play it haha

> I can see a totally awesome gametype spawning off your idea. It could be called Medieval Slayer, the player has the choice of a loadout with sword or hammer and hardlight shield as an armor ability. I think it could be pretty cool!
>
> Double XP weekend idea? I would play it haha

I hope double xp returns and if it does, I wouldn’t mind seeing this in it.

This is a decent idea. I would expect there to be some minimal delay though when turning the shield on and off.