sword on overgrowth is a terrible idea

Overgrowth is an amazing map, don’t get me wrong, but having a sword placed on such a close quarters map is border line game breaking. I’ve played multiple games where whoever has the sword can get 10-15 kills easily. How do they do this? Well, with the tight corners, increased movement speed with sword, and sprint–you are almost unstoppable (assuming you know what you’re doing).

343, please remove sword from Overgrowth. I’d bet the rent you can pull data that proves how OP sword is on that map.

Thanks.

Isn’t that the same with any power weapon on every level? I think it’s just more prevalent on this map with this weapon because of the cqc…I’m fine with it.

Also so there’s a shotty and rail gun to combat the sword

Agreed, the sword is a terrible idea on Overgrowth (unless you get it, then BOOM).

What about the shotty on that map? Seems like a direct counter to sword, or the sticky or splinter nade.

IM not a fan of maps like overgrowth. So yes, the sword should be removed, and half of the walls. Thank You

Overgrowth is just a terrible idea. Doesn’t matter what weapons are on the map.

> 2533274809988140;2:
> Isn’t that the same with any power weapon on every level? I think it’s just more prevalent on this map with this weapon because of the cqc…I’m fine with it.
>
> Also so there’s a shotty and rail gun to combat the sword

Yeah, I mean what’s the point of a cqc map if there aren’t swords and shotguns? You know what does bothers me on Overgrowth, and it has little to do with the map? The grenade spams. It’s pure cluster luck all the time!

> 2533274833311664;4:
> What about the shotty on that map? Seems like a direct counter to sword, or the sticky or splinter nade.

You’d think that, but it doesn’t quite work-out in that way. Shotty has a very limited range, limited ammo, and doesn’t increase your movement speed. Sword on the other hand… Long range (lunge), more ammo, and increased movement speed. Once Sword guy gets camo, it’s over.

I don’t understand 343’s reasoning behind making the sword guy run faster? Or how they thought it was good idea to put camo and shotgun right next to each other?

I think the sword is fine. It requires you to move around more than the shotgun does. It should be moved to the middle (where the Railgun spawns) though. Shotgun should be completely removed. Invis should be replaced with Over Shield, and the Railgun should be moved to the opposite side of the map from OS. And maybe replace the Railgun with a Hydra?

> 2625759425622793;8:
> > 2533274833311664;4:
> > What about the shotty on that map? Seems like a direct counter to sword, or the sticky or splinter nade.
>
>
> You’d think that, but it doesn’t quite work-out in that way. Shotty has a very limited range, limited ammo, and doesn’t increase your movement speed. Sword on the other hand… Long range (lunge), more ammo, and increased movement speed. Once Sword guy gets camo, it’s over.

If sword gets camo, then kudos to him or her; the sword and camo are on complete opposite ends of the map.

Personally, I really like overgrowth and it’s CQC layout. Communication and map control are essential.

> 2533274800772611;10:
> I think the sword is fine. It requires you to move around more than the shotgun does. It should be moved to the middle (where the Railgun spawns) though. Shotgun should be completely removed. Invis should be replaced with Over Shield, and the Railgun should be moved to the opposite side of the map from OS. And maybe replace the Railgun with a Hydra?

Some good ideas.

> 2533274859314117;11:
> > 2625759425622793;8:
> > > 2533274833311664;4:
> > > What about the shotty on that map? Seems like a direct counter to sword, or the sticky or splinter nade.
> >
> >
> > You’d think that, but it doesn’t quite work-out in that way. Shotty has a very limited range, limited ammo, and doesn’t increase your movement speed. Sword on the other hand… Long range (lunge), more ammo, and increased movement speed. Once Sword guy gets camo, it’s over.
>
>
> If sword gets camo, then kudos to him or her; the sword and camo are on complete opposite ends of the map.
>
> Personally, I really like overgrowth and it’s CQC layout. Communication and map control are essential.

How many times have you played on Overgrowth?

When ONE person can get 10-15 kills with a SINGLE power weapon so easily, there’s an issue there. No other power weapon on any other map has that sort of clout–especially when you consider the increased movement speed when you have the sword. It’s nonsensical.

> 2533274833311664;4:
> What about the shotty on that map? Seems like a direct counter to sword, or the sticky or splinter nade.

Agreed.

You’re being an idiot. It’s a power weapon. Power weapons can dominate a map if allowed to do so. There’s always a counter to all of those weapons.

> 2625759425622793;13:
> > 2533274859314117;11:
> > > 2625759425622793;8:
> > > > 2533274833311664;4:
> > > > What about the shotty on that map? Seems like a direct counter to sword, or the sticky or splinter nade.
> > >
> > >
> > > You’d think that, but it doesn’t quite work-out in that way. Shotty has a very limited range, limited ammo, and doesn’t increase your movement speed. Sword on the other hand… Long range (lunge), more ammo, and increased movement speed. Once Sword guy gets camo, it’s over.
> >
> >
> > If sword gets camo, then kudos to him or her; the sword and camo are on complete opposite ends of the map.
> >
> > Personally, I really like overgrowth and it’s CQC layout. Communication and map control are essential.
>
>
> How many times have you played on Overgrowth?
>
> When ONE person can get 10-15 kills with a SINGLE power weapon so easily, there’s an issue there. No other power weapon on any other map has that sort of clout–especially when you consider the increased movement speed when you have the sword. It’s nonsensical.

We haven’t had problems taking down swords. Travel in 2s and be prepared to thrust backwards. Sword can’t beat 2 ARs.

> 2625759425622793;12:
> > 2533274800772611;10:
> > I think the sword is fine. It requires you to move around more than the shotgun does. It should be moved to the middle (where the Railgun spawns) though. Shotgun should be completely removed. Invis should be replaced with Over Shield, and the Railgun should be moved to the opposite side of the map from OS. And maybe replace the Railgun with a Hydra?
>
>
> Some good ideas.

Hyrda is more of a range weapon IMO…would be useless on this map with the tight spots…or maybe it would be useful because of them with the splash damage using it more like a brute shot haha. Really tight or long distance only haha.

I do think there’s one too many power weapons on this map so one should go…

> 2533274827485632;17:
> > 2625759425622793;12:
> > > 2533274800772611;10:
> > > I think the sword is fine. It requires you to move around more than the shotgun does. It should be moved to the middle (where the Railgun spawns) though. Shotgun should be completely removed. Invis should be replaced with Over Shield, and the Railgun should be moved to the opposite side of the map from OS. And maybe replace the Railgun with a Hydra?
> >
> >
> > Some good ideas.
>
>
> Hyrda is more of a range weapon IMO…would be useless on this map with the tight spots…or maybe it would be useful because of them with the splash damage using it more like a brute shot haha. Really tight or long distance only haha.
>
> I do think there’s one too many power weapons on this map so one should go…

My rain of thought is that the Railgun takes advantage of the long lines of sight too well. Hydra is good if you know how to use it, and less of a point and kill weapon. Sniper would also be a good option, but it might be too close quarters for that.

I dont understand why they have light rifles on this map…what the hell are you going to do with that thing lol. It should be filled with needlers, plasma pistols, the sword, shotgun, and smgs. For what ever reaosn though I just cant get into any groove on this map, I cant figure it out. I dont know where I’m going most of the time and I feel like people ground pound from the windows constantly…its really frustrating, but again I havent played too many rounds on it so it could just be experience…right now its aggravation though lol

I have yet to figure out how to smoothly jump through a window lol.