Sword Base

Can someone that actually enjoys playing sword base explain to my why? Even though I own all the map packs, around 3/10 games I play will be on sword base. Whenever it pops up on the voting screen it instantly gets 3 votes. In my opinion sword base is the worst map in the game yet people can’t seem to get enough of it. The typical sword base game revolves around the yellow lift and that’s it. So can someone please explain why this map is so liked?

DLC maps take the back seat to Noob Base…usually Water Gun starts too (AR starts). +_+

> DLC maps take the back seat to Noob Base…usually Water Gun starts too (AR starts). +_+

HOW DARE YOU!!! Sword Base is a wonderful map!
No in all honesty it’s probably one of the worst maps on the game, and yes AR starts are terrible.

The yellow lift is a death trap.

If you’re Blue team and you vote for this map please take the pants off your head. Red should NEVER lose on this map.

Sword Base is absolutely horrible. A soft kill zone needs to be put in the yellow lift room, because I can ALWAYS predict how Slayer games on Sword Base will play out. Ugh.

It’s one of the worst maps ever created. Funny how it was in the beta as well. The maps that shipped with Reach were easily the worst for a Halo game.

> Can someone that actually enjoys playing sword base explain to my why? Even though I own all the map packs, around 3/10 games I play will be on sword base. Whenever it pops up on the voting screen it instantly gets 3 votes. In my opinion sword base is the worst map in the game yet people can’t seem to get enough of it. The typical sword base game revolves around the yellow lift and that’s it. So can someone please explain why this map is so liked?

Because your average reach player is pretty clueless. I’ve seen teams of blue all vote for reflections and another time, vote for boardwalk. People are beyond dumb.

> If you’re Blue team and you vote for this map please take the pants off your head. Red should NEVER lose on this map.

you can say that for nearly any map except for maybe countdown and zealot.

Yeah, i came to the conclusion that sword base and hemorrhage should be its own game last night. Between those two craptacular maps…

AA as pick up will fix all maps

Sure , no problem, I like the multi level layout, I like the weapon selection, I like the lifts and their positioning in accordance to each other, I like the multi-directional lift in the middle, I like the windows that can be used to relay info to teammates from a safe vantage point.

And I like how the map shows the stark difference between forums and most other players. Because bar none it is one of the most popular maps when up for voting but on forums, not one single person has a single good thing to say about it.

Take notice 343, this dynamic extends to far more subjects then just sword base.

> Sure , no problem, I like the multi level layout, I like the weapon selection, I like the lifts and their positioning in accordance to each other, I like the multi-directional lift in the middle, I like the windows that can be used to relay info to teammates from a safe vantage point.
>
> And I like how the map shows the stark difference between forums and most other players. Because bar none it is one of the most popular maps when up for voting but on forums, not one single person has a single good thing to say about it.
>
> Take notice 343, this dynamic extends to far more subjects then just sword base.

I agree. There are alot more people out there than just those on the Forums 343i. Also, if Im blue I always vote for Swordbase if it shows up. Easy to get shotgun and sniper and red gets sword (I may have that backwards, either way the point is the same) Also, who doesnt like to kill the sword guy as he rushes towards you? It is to fun. :slight_smile: Not to mention the fact that AR starts dont suck that bad as DMRs and NRs are practically everywhere

> > Sure , no problem, I like the multi level layout, I like the weapon selection, I like the lifts and their positioning in accordance to each other, I like the multi-directional lift in the middle, I like the windows that can be used to relay info to teammates from a safe vantage point.
> >
> > And I like how the map shows the stark difference between forums and most other players. Because bar none it is one of the most popular maps when up for voting but on forums, not one single person has a single good thing to say about it.
> >
> > Take notice 343, this dynamic extends to far more subjects then just sword base.
>
> I agree. There are alot more people out there than just those on the Forums 343i. Also, if Im blue I always vote for Swordbase if it shows up. Easy to get shotgun and sniper and red gets sword (I may have that backwards, either way the point is the same) Also, who doesnt like to kill the sword guy as he rushes towards you? It is to fun. :slight_smile: Not to mention the fact that AR starts dont suck that bad as DMRs and NRs are practically everywhere

Why do you need a DMR/NR when you have a magnum?

For the lifts, if people camp them, go find some grenades and fire in the hole…two grags and two plasmas should take 'em out.

> I agree. There are alot more people out there than just those on the Forums 343i. Also, if Im blue I always vote for Swordbase if it shows up. Easy to get shotgun and sniper and red gets sword (I may have that backwards, either way the point is the same) Also, who doesnt like to kill the sword guy as he rushes towards you? It is to fun. :slight_smile: Not to mention the fact that AR starts dont suck that bad as DMRs and NRs are practically everywhere

The assault Rifle isn’t that bad haha. I’ve been supporting teams a lot more recently with the rifle and have been still pretty positive with racking like 10 AR kills. Lots of fun for me since hardly anyway uses it.

I think the main aspect that makes me like sword base is just the layout. It has a cool feel with two multistory building facing each other connected by multiple bridges. It reminds me of pirate ships in battle am I right? lol Locked in cannon fire and the planks latch to each ship, it’s the same rough idea I’d say.

My only drawback is the yellow lift as so many people will sit their all game, its irritating but well placed grenade volleys solve that :slight_smile:

> > > Sure , no problem, I like the multi level layout, I like the weapon selection, I like the lifts and their positioning in accordance to each other, I like the multi-directional lift in the middle, I like the windows that can be used to relay info to teammates from a safe vantage point.
> > >
> > > And I like how the map shows the stark difference between forums and most other players. Because bar none it is one of the most popular maps when up for voting but on forums, not one single person has a single good thing to say about it.
> > >
> > > Take notice 343, this dynamic extends to far more subjects then just sword base.
> >
> > I agree. There are alot more people out there than just those on the Forums 343i. Also, if Im blue I always vote for Swordbase if it shows up. Easy to get shotgun and sniper and red gets sword (I may have that backwards, either way the point is the same) Also, who doesnt like to kill the sword guy as he rushes towards you? It is to fun. :slight_smile: Not to mention the fact that AR starts dont suck that bad as DMRs and NRs are practically everywhere
>
> Why do you need a DMR/NR when you have a magnum?
>
> For the lifts, if people camp them, go find some grenades and fire in the hole…two grags and two plasmas should take 'em out.

I agree with the lift part. And I dont like the magnum. To much bloom and the reticle is huge. To hard to get headshots, easier to just spam

> Sure , no problem, I like the multi level layout, I like the weapon selection, I like the lifts and their positioning in accordance to each other, I like the multi-directional lift in the middle, I like the windows that can be used to relay info to teammates from a safe vantage point.
>
> And I like how the map shows the stark difference between forums and most other players. Because bar none it is one of the most popular maps when up for voting but on forums, not one single person has a single good thing to say about it.
>
> Take notice 343, this dynamic extends to far more subjects then just sword base.

The transformers movies made tons of money, yet you think it will be remembered years from now? The only thing that the massive votes for sword base proves is that most gamers these days are pretty absent minded.

> > I agree. There are alot more people out there than just those on the Forums 343i. Also, if Im blue I always vote for Swordbase if it shows up. Easy to get shotgun and sniper and red gets sword (I may have that backwards, either way the point is the same) Also, who doesnt like to kill the sword guy as he rushes towards you? It is to fun. :slight_smile: Not to mention the fact that AR starts dont suck that bad as DMRs and NRs are practically everywhere
>
> The assault Rifle isn’t that bad haha. I’ve been supporting teams a lot more recently with the rifle and have been still pretty positive with racking like 10 AR kills. Lots of fun for me since hardly anyway uses it.
>
> I think the main aspect that makes me like sword base is just the layout. It has a cool feel with two multistory building facing each other connected by multiple bridges. It reminds me of pirate ships in battle am I right? lol Locked in cannon fire and the planks latch to each ship, it’s the same rough idea I’d say.
>
> My only drawback is the yellow lift as so many people will sit their all game, its irritating but well placed grenade volleys solve that :slight_smile:

Anyone who would sit in the yellow lift all match, has no imagination.

> The transformers movies made tons of money, yet you think it will be remembered years from now? The only thing that the massive votes for sword base proves is that most gamers these days are pretty absent minded.

That didn’t make any sense. And it happens, it’s a brutal area in swat most of the time.

> DLC maps take the back seat to Noob Base…usually Water Gun starts too (AR starts). +_+

Really? cuz I start with super soakers.