Switching to helljumper

So basically Ive tried to switch to helljumper over the past two days and ive been finding it pretty challenging. Ive been playing default since I got the game in mid november but Ive heard constantly about how much better the layouts are that dont require you to take your thumb off the stick. I was wondering how long it took you guys to transition to a new layout?

Probably a few days… (a week or two)… I got an elite controller early January and am still kinda trying to get comfortable with it…but as time goes on I’m getting more and more confident with it and started a few days ago even with some Team Arena gaming (Diamond CSR)…it’s still hard but kinda slowly see the improvements…

Your KD will take a bummer, but It’s worth it! I couldn’t believe it, but it is very beneficial adding jump to your strafe during a duel, messing up the aim of your opponent while still landing shots on him… I’m kinda on the edge to switch to helljumper as well (playing on recon ever since) but It’ll mess up my learning curve too much :confused:

I used to play bumper jumper on Halo MCC, and it worked well for that. But I found that with the new spartan abilities, the layout wasn’t as good on Halo 5. So I use fishsticks now, mainly because I can easily transition between Halo and other FPS games. But I see some people ducking and jumping all over the place and think perhaps I’d do better with another layout.

It does take a few days to get really comfortable with a new button layout, I remember that I was pressing the wrong button all the time in the heat of battle. But that’s why I chose fishstick, so that my controls are similar throughout all my shootings games.

I tried changing to bumper jumper and i can see what you mean. Every time i try and use it my mind is just locked onto default and i can’t seem to get to grips with sprint being b.

I was considering just playing default and using the elite controller paddle to jump hut thatsan expensive investment for just one game

when testing a new button style, I typically spend time in customs with some buddies or randoms so I can adjust.

Doublepost mistake…sry for that :confused:

> 2533275031844223;5:
> I was considering just playing default and using the elite controller paddle to jump hut thatsan expensive investment for just one game

It is very expensive for sure…but it isn’t just for one game. The controller gives you a great amount of benefits in any PvP-Game. It is THE BEST xbox controller so far. The way it’s built…the way it sits on your palms… the triggers…everything is just perfection! but 150 bucks is way to much…i only baught it cause i had an good offer (120). In the end it’s up to you and your budget.

> 2533274911267611;6:
> when testing a new button style, I typically spend time in customs with some buddies or randoms so I can adjust.

That or play some warzone (assault) :slight_smile: