Swimming mechanics

Should Halo Infinite add swimming mechanics?
would be awesome and terrefying if you needed to cross a river and it had crocodiles in it or something.

Crocodiles in a river in Halo? Kind of a strange combination you’ve conjured up there lol.

This seems a bit pointless. Also, crocodiles aren’t really all that terrifying when there’s an inch of titanium between you and their teeth.

thats a no from me dog

> 2533274874690673;1:
> Should Halo Infinite add swimming mechanics?
> would be awesome and terrefying if you needed to cross a river and it had crocodiles in it or something.

I think that would be rather unnecessary. As Halo never really was a naval type of game and if you can remember halo has never had good luck with water.Also crocodiles? I don’t think that really fits halos astetic it seems like a far cry type of thing.

> 2533274825830455;3:
> This seems a bit pointless. Also, crocodiles aren’t really all that terrifying when there’s an inch of titanium between you and their teeth.

But, 343I could make some huge ancient prehistoric monster crocs like the prehistoric rhinos in the trailer

> 2533274888477235;4:
> thats a no from me dog

Ok, but what about aerodactyls and giant t-rexes? Battling a T-rex with a mantis?

You do know that the Mjolnir armor weigh around 1000 pounds right?

You’re aware that between MJOLNIR and crocodile teeth, it’s not the hammer that’ll break, right?
Oh and, MJOLNIR is quite heavy. I think we’d be a the bottom of the ocean instead. Scary thought actually.

> 2533274874690673;1:
> would be awesome and terrefying if you needed to cross a river and it had crocodiles in it or something.

> 2533274874690673;6:
> > 2533274825830455;3:
> > This seems a bit pointless. Also, crocodiles aren’t really all that terrifying when there’s an inch of titanium between you and their teeth.
>
> But, 343I could make some huge ancient prehistoric monster crocs like the prehistoric rhinos in the trailer

How would swimming help in any of those cases?

Swimming meh, but water yes. Halo 3 has my favorite iteration of water ever.

Also…

> 2533274874690673;7:
> > 2533274888477235;4:
> > thats a no from me dog
>
> Ok, but what about aerodactyls and giant t-rexes? Battling a T-rex with a mantis?

Yes please. Not super halo’y, but that would be sick.

> 2533274874690673;1:

Swimming ? No. The armour weighs a ton, literally. They would sink to the bottom. However, the suits can recycle oxygen for up to 90 minutes. I also believe there are aquatic permutations of 4 and 5. I think it would be an interesting way to add stealth to a level, perhaps using it as a way to gain entry to a facility through an underwater vent or storm drain, or a cut scene showing that.

As for crocodiles ? Pass on them, unless they’re super big.

I have often wondered if they ever made variants of MJOLNIR that actually could survive underwater for far longer periods of time than what the normal MJOLNIR can do. It would be interesting to have an underwater level where we change armors to traverse beneath the surface.

Well now I want to see what a Halo space croc would look like and if there’s none in Infinite I will immediately give the game a 0/10 without even playing it.

Anyway, if there’s underwater levels in Infinite there better be sick fish AI that move out of the way when you get near them like in COD. If COD didn’t have that… well, let’s be real, it would suck, and Halo would suck too. If it doesn’t have awesome fish AI and space crocs I am officially, under my singular, narrow minded, absolute opinion, declaring Halo as a franchise DEAD so none of you have to bother with it anymore.

Yeah I don’t really think the words swimming and Spartans mix lol seeing is how there armor is super heavy.

I don’t even know if Spartans suits let them go fully submerged underwater… Anyone know? This all said, I would like to be able to have my character walk threw water if it’s only say shoulder high and what not and not died. I think levels having some of this would be neat. Multiplayer levels even would be cool. Obviously you would move slower in water too, but yeah as far as an actually swimming mechanic, I definitely don’t want that.

> 2533274815533909;15:
> Yeah I don’t really think the words swimming and Spartans mix lol seeing is how there armor is super heavy.
>
> I don’t know if Spartans suits let them go fully submerged underwater. This all said, I would like to be able to have my character walk threw water if it’s only say shoulder high and what not and not died. I think levels having some of this would be neat. Multiplayer levels even would be cool. Obviously you would move slower in water too, but yeah as far as an actually swimming mechanic, I definitely don’t want that.

Yeah, it’s probably a bad idea… but as you said, maybe walk in water up to shoulders in a swamp filled with prehistoric beasts would be nice.

> 2533274874690673;16:
> > 2533274815533909;15:
> > Yeah I don’t really think the words swimming and Spartans mix lol seeing is how there armor is super heavy.
> >
> > I don’t know if Spartans suits let them go fully submerged underwater. This all said, I would like to be able to have my character walk threw water if it’s only say shoulder high and what not and not died. I think levels having some of this would be neat. Multiplayer levels even would be cool. Obviously you would move slower in water too, but yeah as far as an actually swimming mechanic, I definitely don’t want that.
>
> Yeah, it’s probably a bad idea… but as you said, maybe walk in water up to shoulders in a swamp filled with prehistoric beasts would be nice.

Hey, nothing wrong with throwing ideas around. Don’t let that stop you just because a lot of people don’t like or agree on it. Who knows, maybe an idea you say, someone else has thought of but with a different twist and you end up liking that better which then leads too The next level of that idea. You know what I mean :upside_down_face:

Don’t stop brain storming :+1:

I would love to play as a crocodile, I mean 8v8 Invasion with crocodiles vs covenants sounds pretty fun to me!

> 2535469462089417;18:
> I would love to play as a crocodile, I mean 8v8 Invasion with crocodiles vs covenants sounds pretty fun to me!

New version of infection. Crocodiles vs Spartans. Call the gametype “Chompy Chomp Chomp”

How would you swim with a half ton of armor on?
Now the suits are airtight and can be used in Space. And I think a few suit descriptions state they are used underwater. So, they could be used to walk across the bottom of water to a target. But swimming is out. And crocs or whatever probably wouldn’t be able to dent the armor.