Swearing

Why is swearing banned on this the game we play is far worse than a few words (plus swear words are in the game anyways)

I think Bungie did it first on their forums, but using ‘Blam!’, so I’m assuming that 343 is just continuing that, with ‘Yoink’ instead.

> 2535437652903765;2:
> I think Bungie did it first on their forums, but using ‘Blam!’, so I’m assuming that 343 is just continuing that, with ‘Yoink’ instead.

Well that -Yoinking!- stupid

> 2533274939354123;3:
> > 2535437652903765;2:
> > I think Bungie did it first on their forums, but using ‘Blam!’, so I’m assuming that 343 is just continuing that, with ‘Yoink’ instead.
>
> Well that -Yoinking!- stupid

Regardless of how you may feel the rules are in place. 343 host the forum and have the right to set out whatever rules they deem fit for posting. In this case discouraging vulgar language may be intended to help people maintain the frame of mind necessary for presenting their ideas in a constructive way.

Waypoint is much more accessible than any Halo game. People of all ages can come here to read and discuss Halo topics. As such, the site auto vendors things that fall under the “adult language” category, probably for liability reasons.