SWAT Rules

Only two game modes is OK I guess, but only 2 weapons!!! Where is the DMR? Why can we only use a BR in regular SWAT? As a long time SWAT player, I would really like to see the game going back to choosing what weapons you’d like to use in regular SWAT. Being denied a secondary weapon is very restrictive, along with losing the ability to vote on map/game mode, and using the weapon of your choice. This feels like North Korea…

Choosing would throw off balance, maybe have a DMR gamemode, but that’s it.

Voting worked well in Halo 4, it’s self-regulating, the majority of people who vote wins. I don’t know why you’d want more balance than that. Currently the balance is Swagnums 8/10 times, which gets old. Using different weapons in different situations is part of being a good player. Each weapon doesn’t need to have it’s own game mode.

yes i completely agree. Swat has always been my favourite playlist since Halo 2 and this experience on halo 5 is just so frustrating. The amount of swatnums is ridiculous, I shouldn’t be playing this 8+ games in a row (which does happen most nights). I shouldn’t feel lucky to actually get back to back games of BR’s. I liked when it was the odd game thrown in between regular BR or DMR games, but this is too much. So please 343 do something. I doubt they will add back in the voting system but for the love of Swat give us more variety. Add the DMR in rotation, lesson magnums, or give us DMR or BR start with the magnum as a secondary weapon. I don’t know why they can’t just keep the playlist awesome like it always has been. Has anyone heard if there is actually going to be an update for swat in regards to this matter? There are a lot of angry swat fans I find it would be hard to ignore this issue.

Yea, I would like the DMR to be a variant to be honest. “SWAT DMR” added along with SWAT and SWATNUMS would make me very happy.

> 2654577101795508;5:
> Yea, I would like the DMR to be a variant to be honest. “SWAT DMR” added along with SWAT and SWATNUMS would make me very happy.

DMR doesnt get alot of love in halo 5 :frowning:

> 2533274843875149;2:
> Choosing would throw off balance, maybe have a DMR gamemode, but that’s it.

I disagree, if anything it ups the skill required on maps by knowing which weapons are better to use in certain areas. Halo 4’s SWAT was solid in that regards and allowed a choice between DMR or BR and on top of that you got a pistol. there was nothing wrong with it and made matches much more interesting. also they need to add more/bigger maps for SWAT, I’m really hating these symmetrical circles

I never did like mixed weapon SWAT; throws off the balance. I wouldn’t mind a separate playlist like DMR SWAT.

I don’t think they are going to make a separate playlist for each weapon but for the love of Swat add back in the DMR and give the games better rotation. it really isn’t that hard is it? has anyone heard if they are going to address this?

This seems to be a common complaint on here, I hope they do address it. Hopefully this issue keeps getting attention and someone at 343 is listening. They have a couple maps where a DMR could really stretch out an connect. Real-world SWAT teams aren’t limited to a 3 round burst rifle OR a pistol, we shouldn’t be either!