SWAT playlist variant without teams please.

I have been annoyed all day with the team variant. I play SWAT because I like to train my survival skills for when I play BTB. But lately, I’ve been setting up my base in one high-traffic area, stalking and killing any passerbys. All of my teammates know I’m there and I was there first. But they don’t care. They come in and kill people when I’m about to kill them. Now, I’m okay if they kill someone once in a while. And I don’t blame them. I’d probably forget Clogged was there or just saw an enemy he won’t see for a couple seconds and go for it. It’s not that I hate kill-stealing. It’s just that I feel that in a gamemode where a head-shot with a DMR can kill, kill-stealing happens too often and thus we would be better off with a second variant without teams.

1. That would be a ridiculous fustercluck.

2. Preparing for BTB with SWAT is like preparing for a flood by getting tornado insurance.

What annoys me far more is the sound of my teammates footsteps. It makes me -Yoink- myself every time one spawns near or behind me! Also we should really have “Xs” where we die.

As for kill-stealing? I don’t see how you can steal a kill when it’s one hit, it’s either their shot or your shot.

no. lrn2halo.

this is not a good idea what so ever.

there is no such thing as a stolen kill.

also, stop camping kid.

Winning > kill count I always say.

FFA SWAT would be interesting, but I doubt it will ever see the light of day in matchmaking. Maybe as an Action Sack gametype if that playlist ever returns.

> no. lrn2halo.
>
> this is not a good idea what so ever.
>
> there is no such thing as a stolen kill.
>
> also, stop camping kid.

There are some quite charming people on this forum, let me tell ya.

> 2. Preparing for BTB with SWAT is like preparing for a flood by getting tornado insurance.

I meant that I use it to make me more precautious and strategic for when I play BTB. They are not alike, but if I can learn to use my eyes and ears instead of my radar, along with quick-thinking to avoid deadly fire, then BTB will be easier not cause I get better at BTB by playing SWAT, but because SWAT teaches me:

1. Better accuracy. Each shot i miss is another time I die.
  2. Better dodging. Every shot I dodge is another shot I can fire.
  3. Better independence from radar. This makes me instead need to learn to scan the area. An instrumental technique for when I must find and take down campers.
  4. Better strategy reading. By finding out opponent’s hot spots with less players against me, I would thus be more focused on learning my opponent’s movement patterns.

> no. lrn2halo.
>
> this is not a good idea what so ever.
>
> there is no such thing as a stolen kill.
>
> also, stop camping kid.

1. Camping is a good technique, and it’s not like they don’t do it in real life. Assassins are excellent campers. It also is easy to flush out campers if you’re smart enough to calculate opponent’s strategies.
  2. Kills do not get intentionally stolen, ppl don’t realize it but %99 in SWAT, you’re unintentionally kill-stealing.
  3. Yeah it is a good idea, it allows for more fast-paced SWAT with less people complaining about how there’s not enough ppl to kill to go around.

there is no such thing as kill stealing. either you kill them or you dont.

I can see it now, FFA SWAT. Populated by people who just sit in corners and wait for others to run by.

Having an 8 player FFA gametype where everyone can get 1 hit kills from every range in the game would be the dumbest thing to ever add to the game.

If it were added, I would never play it.

Rumble pit SWAT in H2 was fun but idk how that would work out in this game.

> I can see it now, FFA SWAT. Populated by people who just sit in corners and wait for others to run by.
>
> Having an 8 player FFA gametype where everyone can get 1 hit kills from every range in the game would be the dumbest thing to ever add to the game.
>
> If it were added, I would never play it.

Hey, I only play SWAT cause it’s good training. Plus, what do you think the soldiers in real life do? They camp. Then they find that no one’s winning so they either:

1. Go hunting.
    or
  2. Go eat donuts. (o )_( o)

Just because you’re there first doesn’t mean the kill is yours. If you take too long to stalk and kill your prey you deserve to lose it.

> > I can see it now, FFA SWAT. Populated by people who just sit in corners and wait for others to run by.
> >
> > Having an 8 player FFA gametype where everyone can get 1 hit kills from every range in the game would be the dumbest thing to ever add to the game.
> >
> > If it were added, I would never play it.
>
> what do you think the soldiers in real life do? They camp.

ugh stop this dumb argument.

one of the 1st things they teach you in basic is to KEEP MOVING.

enough of this “real soldiers camp” crap

> Just because you’re there first doesn’t mean the kill is yours. If you take too long to stalk and kill your prey you deserve to lose it.

1. I don’t stalk, I attack when I see them. But sometimes I’m shooting 1 guy, and then I attack the other. In addition, I find these games not face-paced enough no larger maps also.

2. FFA Swat would still be fun. You hunt or you camp.
    Hunting lets you be able to find and flush out campers, thus giving you the advantage. You do this by luring them out of their hidey hole or sneak up on them. If they are too good, don’t bother and prey one someone else.
    Meanwhile, camping allows for you to effortlessly kill noobs. But if someone notices your game, you are then at a disadvantage and can die or never get a kill again cause no one bothers with you. High risk, high reward.

3. I don’t deserve to lose it, I attack one, then the other, then the next. Ppl like groups, so I exploit it for multikills. Then someone thinks the same thing. I get annoyed that he just unknowingly kill my prey, and like any predator, I challenge him for the territory. But I can’t do that w/out FFire.

> > > I can see it now, FFA SWAT. Populated by people who just sit in corners and wait for others to run by.
> > >
> > > Having an 8 player FFA gametype where everyone can get 1 hit kills from every range in the game would be the dumbest thing to ever add to the game.
> > >
> > > If it were added, I would never play it.
> >
> > what do you think the soldiers in real life do? They camp.
>
> ugh stop this dumb argument.
>
> one of the 1st things they teach you in basic is to KEEP MOVING.
>
> enough of this “real soldiers camp” crap

Plus, spoiler alert - This isn’t real life, it’s Halo.

> > Just because you’re there first doesn’t mean the kill is yours. If you take too long to stalk and kill your prey you deserve to lose it.
>
> 1. I don’t stalk, I attack when I see them. But sometimes I’m shooting 1 guy, and then I attack the other. In addition, I find these games not face-paced enough no larger maps also.

It sounds like other people are just beating you to the punch, or are watching your back.

> It sounds like other people are just beating you to the punch, or are watching your back.

You have a valid point, but my nitpick is not that the others are killing my prey. It’s that the food supply s not big enough for all of us, so to speak. I think the teams are so small, we are fighting over food. And this means that those precautious fighters who try not to die and camp because it is a high risk, high reward job are cheated out of their meal. And I know camping is very frowned upon, but I see it that people just don’t want to go through the trouble of either flushing them out or avoiding them. I find that only noobs fall prey to the same camper more than once.

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.

And about the “soldiers don’t camp” thing. Why do you think they have sandbags genius?

Also, I know it’s not real life. But the same base principles apply, just in a different way.

> > It sounds like other people are just beating you to the punch, or are watching your back.
>
> And about the “soldiers don’t camp” thing. Why do you think they have sandbags genius?
>
> Also, I know it’s not real life. But the same base principles apply, just in a different way.

spoken like a true 14 year old who thinks call of duty is how real life military operations function.

> spoken like a true 14 year old who thinks call of duty is how real life military operations function.

1. i AM a 14 year old. LOL

2. No, I do not believe that in any way, shape, or form. I’m just saying that:

A. In the military, assassins camp. Just look at the ninja.
B. People do use fortifications in the military, and it’s basically camping but with different rules.
C. In the military, a headshot can kill a man.
D. In the military, you must be aware of your surroundings.
E. In the military, it’s easy for a skilled soldier to flush out a camper, given he has the right tools that is.