Swat Playlist & Bloom ?

Played swat today for the first time in a long time and noticed the DMR has BLOOM Really why

I dislike it and demand you take bloom out of this playlist

Doesn’t anyone else find this silly .

Pros for bloom in SWAT: Encourages you to land the shot correctly the first time and not start firing wildly; encourages strafing and some level of skill in face-to-face encounters; makes it harder for one person to take out an entire team when taking them by surprise.

Cons: Makes it nearly impossible to take out more than two or three people in one encounter, no matter how skilled you are.

I think bloom is probably better in than out when it comes to SWAT.

> Pros for bloom in SWAT: Encourages you to land the shot correctly the first time and not start firing wildly; encourages strafing and some level of skill in face-to-face encounters; makes it harder for one person to take out an entire team when taking them by surprise.
>
> Cons: Makes it nearly impossible to take out more than two or three people in one encounter, no matter how skilled you are.
>
> I think bloom is probably better in than out when it comes to SWAT.

Yes. I also doubt they’ll remove it, Halo 4 is months away. They’ll just leave some playlists alone.

But I’d like if they merged team snipers and SWAT into one playlist.

> Played swat today for the first time in a long time and noticed the DMR has BLOOM Really why
>
> I dislike it and demand you take bloom out of this playlist
>
> Doesn’t anyone else find this silly .

That has to be the most rash comment I’ve ever seen you make…

Don’t you think a ZB DMR in Swat would just be slightly (ok very) OP? You would have to play on maps like hemmorhage because those DMRs would shoot so far so accurately…

Anyway, its there to make it just slightly harder to get those overkills etc. and it makes it so its not overly OP. I find it annoying, but coming from someone who used to only ever play swat (though I’ve moved to MLG) I can honestly say I would rather have it in.

Once you get used to it, getting those overkills etc. isnt hard.

> Pros for bloom in SWAT: Encourages you to land the shot correctly the first time and not start firing wildly; encourages strafing and some level of skill in face-to-face encounters; makes it harder for one person to take out an entire team when taking them by surprise.
>
> Cons: Makes it nearly impossible to take out more than two or three people in one encounter, no matter how skilled you are.
>
> I think bloom is probably better in than out when it comes to SWAT.

If 343 makes any modifications to SWAT bloom, I’d like to see them implement the TU to DMR’s and ZB to Magnums. But I’m fine with SWAT the way it is if they decide to leave it alone.

> > Played swat today for the first time in a long time and noticed the DMR has BLOOM Really why
> >
> > I dislike it and demand you take bloom out of this playlist
> >
> > Doesn’t anyone else find this silly .
>
> That has to be the most rash comment I’ve ever seen you make…
>
> Don’t you think a ZB DMR in Swat would just be slightly (ok very) OP? You would have to play on maps like hemmorhage because those DMRs would shoot so far so accurately…
>
> Anyway, its there to make it just slightly harder to get those overkills etc. and it makes it so its not overly OP. I find it annoying, but coming from someone who used to only ever play swat (though I’ve moved to MLG) I can honestly say I would rather have it in.
>
> Once you get used to it, getting those overkills etc. isnt hard.

OP? In SWAT? Duhhhhhh! That’s the point…the only thing ZB would do is get rid of random, full bloom headshots. I’m not getting my hopes up about such a change though.

Although I do appreciate the honesty of getting to the point of things being a matter of taste, I demand better manners… Please?

> > > Played swat today for the first time in a long time and noticed the DMR has BLOOM Really why
> > >
> > > I dislike it and demand you take bloom out of this playlist
> > >
> > > Doesn’t anyone else find this silly .
> >
> > That has to be the most rash comment I’ve ever seen you make…
> >
> > Don’t you think a ZB DMR in Swat would just be slightly (ok very) OP? You would have to play on maps like hemmorhage because those DMRs would shoot so far so accurately…
> >
> > Anyway, its there to make it just slightly harder to get those overkills etc. and it makes it so its not overly OP. I find it annoying, but coming from someone who used to only ever play swat (though I’ve moved to MLG) I can honestly say I would rather have it in.
> >
> > Once you get used to it, getting those overkills etc. isnt hard.
>
> OP? In SWAT? Duhhhhhh! That’s the point…the only thing ZB would do is get rid of random, full bloom headshots. I’m not getting my hopes up about such a change though.

Look at how (I want to use the word hard, but it doesnt quite fit) it was to consecutivley headshot people with the BR in halo 3. That way, you weren’t garanteed to die if the enemy saw you first.

This is what bloom accomplished in reach, to keep it less overpowered. This why you aren’t garunteed a death if they see you first.

My angr is a joke

Although I don’t like Bloom in swat as it makes it hard to get multi kills :frowning:

If I were to pick one playlist to take bloom out of, I wouldn’t pick SWAT. Why? It encourages players to make that first shot count, rather than shoot wildly in their general direction.

It would be badass if Swat had Zero Bloom.

> If I were to pick one playlist to take bloom out of, I wouldn’t pick SWAT. Why? It encourages players to make that first shot count, rather than shoot wildly in their general direction.

True it wouldn’t be my first pick but having it in swat limits the number of kill you are able to get fast

And, thats what swat is FAST KILLS ONE SHOT MOVE TO THE NEXT .

And I understand 343i will not be doing this or Really anything new 2 Reach as halo 4 is just 3 months away .

> > > > Played swat today for the first time in a long time and noticed the DMR has BLOOM Really why
> > > >
> > > > I dislike it and demand you take bloom out of this playlist
> > > >
> > > > Doesn’t anyone else find this silly .
> > >
> > > That has to be the most rash comment I’ve ever seen you make…
> > >
> > > Don’t you think a ZB DMR in Swat would just be slightly (ok very) OP? You would have to play on maps like hemmorhage because those DMRs would shoot so far so accurately…
> > >
> > > Anyway, its there to make it just slightly harder to get those overkills etc. and it makes it so its not overly OP. I find it annoying, but coming from someone who used to only ever play swat (though I’ve moved to MLG) I can honestly say I would rather have it in.
> > >
> > > Once you get used to it, getting those overkills etc. isnt hard.
> >
> > OP? In SWAT? Duhhhhhh! That’s the point…the only thing ZB would do is get rid of random, full bloom headshots. I’m not getting my hopes up about such a change though.
>
> Look at how (I want to use the word hard, but it doesnt quite fit) it was to consecutivley headshot people with the BR in halo 3. That way, you weren’t garanteed to die if the enemy saw you first.
>
> This is what bloom accomplished in reach, to keep it less overpowered. This why you aren’t garunteed a death if they see you first.

That was purely due to the random spread on the BR, which shouldn’t have been there in the first place. SWAT in Halo 3 had so much luck involved it’s not even funny. You could line up a perfect headshot, pull the trigger, and still miss because you got screwed by the game. Likewise what was a bad shot could turn into a headshot simply out of luck.

In other words, Halo 3 pretty much broke SWAT.

Then 343 would need to change the playlist name from SWAT to SPAM.

The BR didn’t have any bloom, you could kill 3 people with one shot if your enemies were in close quarters, and headshots from afar weren’t even hard, ZB swat would definitely not make it overpowered.

> > > > > Played swat today for the first time in a long time and noticed the DMR has BLOOM Really why
> > > > >
> > > > > I dislike it and demand you take bloom out of this playlist
> > > > >
> > > > > Doesn’t anyone else find this silly .
> > > >
> > > > That has to be the most rash comment I’ve ever seen you make…
> > > >
> > > > Don’t you think a ZB DMR in Swat would just be slightly (ok very) OP? You would have to play on maps like hemmorhage because those DMRs would shoot so far so accurately…
> > > >
> > > > Anyway, its there to make it just slightly harder to get those overkills etc. and it makes it so its not overly OP. I find it annoying, but coming from someone who used to only ever play swat (though I’ve moved to MLG) I can honestly say I would rather have it in.
> > > >
> > > > Once you get used to it, getting those overkills etc. isnt hard.
> > >
> > > OP? In SWAT? Duhhhhhh! That’s the point…the only thing ZB would do is get rid of random, full bloom headshots. I’m not getting my hopes up about such a change though.
> >
> > Look at how (I want to use the word hard, but it doesnt quite fit) it was to consecutivley headshot people with the BR in halo 3. That way, you weren’t garanteed to die if the enemy saw you first.
> >
> > This is what bloom accomplished in reach, to keep it less overpowered. This why you aren’t garunteed a death if they see you first.
>
> That was purely due to the random spread on the BR, which shouldn’t have been there in the first place. SWAT in Halo 3 had so much luck involved it’s not even funny. You could line up a perfect headshot, pull the trigger, and still miss because you got screwed by the game. Likewise what was a bad shot could turn into a headshot simply out of luck.
>
> In other words, Halo 3 pretty much broke SWAT.

Thats true.

But ZB DMR would still be freakishly overpowered. Coming from someone who played nothing but swat and infection for nine months (how my K/D suffered from all the zombie trolling I did I can’t even begin to describe) I can honestly say i prefer bloom. I hate its randomness, but in a playlist where you can kill with one bullet to the face, I could get fifteen kills with one mag and never have to reload. The bloom takes that away, and takes with it the “I saw you first so I get to kill you” aspect.

They should upp the bloom to 300%, so the first shot is always right, and the others are completely random… that would actually require pacing and skill (Ok, maybe I exagerated a little, with 150% is fine)

OT: Quit being such a spammer

> They should upp the bloom to 300%, so the first shot is always right, and the others are completely random… that would actually require pacing and skill (Ok, maybe I exagerated a little, with 150% is fine)
>
> OT: Quit being such a spammer

300% FML

lol not spamming at all its just super hard to get anything over a triple kill with Bloom

I dont have a problem with Swat. The only 2 extermination medals that I got were in SWAT. Boardwalk and Zelot.

Bob you care to much, time to get puppy back