SWAT not at launch?

I know that a 343 guy talked about SWAT and that they all love it…but is it going to be there at launch? I’ve seen pictures of the playlists and never saw it…

That might not be all the playlists. Also even though it might not have a playlist it could still be a game type inside other playlists.

That’s an issue though. Reach tried SWAT in things like Multiteam and it ended BADLY.

SWAT has done great as its own playlist in 3 and in Reach. It being in other playlists only bothered people.

I think SWAT should be limited to customs only.

SWAT’s playlists in Halo 3 and Reach were direct influences in other playlists being left sparse. Team Objective should be a larger focus than a gametype that cuts out 99% of the weapon/ability sandbox for wannabe COD gameplay.

I’ll be thrilled if it is not given a playlist this time. More people for the other hoppers.

So, because people like it, it should be customs only?

So, Team Slayer should be taken out too.

> I think SWAT should be limited to customs only.
>
> SWAT’s playlists in Halo 3 and Reach were direct influences in other playlists being left sparse. Team Objective should be a larger focus than a gametype that cuts out 99% of the weapon/ability sandbox for wannabe COD gameplay.
>
> I’ll be thrilled if it is not given a playlist this time. More people for the other hoppers.

Personally I’d prefer if it were just a gametype in the slayer hopper again. A rare one that comes up every once in a while. Not dumped to just customs, but part of the rotation as well. One of Reach’s biggest failings was segregating so many gametypes as their own playlists, and then branching them into specific DLC, and then branching them into title updates, etc.

While merging the DLC into rotations except to just not show up if someone doesn’t have it did make it disgustingly hard to achievement hunt, it did solve a chunk of the problem later on. Unfortunately it was too late and the 32718 playlists fragmented the playerbase really hard.

Team Slayer is a core gametype that doesn’t restrict the sandbox like SWAT does.

The amount of variability in Team Slayer games is nearly infinitely greater than what SWAT can allow based on its self-imposed restrictions.

If anything, SWAT should be an eligible gametype for selection WITHIN the Team Slayer hopper.

No SWAT, no Race, no Invasion…ugh…

> No SWAT, no Race, no Invasion…ugh…

I’m not saying SWAT isn’t there, I just haven’t seen it yet.

> no Race

Oh god please keep Race out or shove it in the goofy playlist or something.

I love Multi Team so much, and it made me want to break controllers because of how often everyone in it would just vetobomb everything until they got Rocket Hog Race. I’m fine with it every once in a while but with Reach’s current setup it’s almost guaranteed out of the 6 permutations on a Multi Team list and everyone picks it.

It is literally the inverse problem with SWAT. SWAT was so popular that it dragged a crapton of people out of every other gametype, meanwhile Race made it impossible to play anything else. They need to be balanced around that, as the representation is so badly lopsided in Reach at present.

Edit - In fact, that’s what should occur. There should be a playlist like old Halo 2 Grab Bag in which all the nonstandard gametypes reside. SWAT, Race, etc. The infection list will probably be out on its own again purely because of how much effort 343 has put into the Flood type.

Swat wasn’t available at launch for Reach IIRC, if it’s not in at launch, then it will be added later on. Same goes for doubles, Team Snipers, MLG etc. lol Those weren’t launch playlists, so don’t freak out.

The stream just went to Slayer types and SWAT was there. Question answered! Wooh!

Swat is in, when he went to Infinity Slayer you can see one of the varients is SWAT.

On the Stream i just seen SWAT is a pre loaded gametype under Slayer, so perhaps there will be a playlist for it

Oh thank Gravemind, it’s a variant and not its own freaking playlist.

Prayers were answered, I can untie the noose now.

Willing to bet it will be a playlist.

Was in 3 and Reach, and it was in the top 3 most popular playlists.

Swat HAS to be in the playlists at launch. The Gamemode is just so fun.

No SWAT - preorder canceled.