SWAT=Camper paradise

Why?
Just played a few matches f SWAT,and all the enemy team and sometimes my tema were doing was camp in a corner waiting for the enemies
Why?

> Why?
> Just played a few matches f SWAT,and all the enemy team and sometimes my tema were doing was camp in a corner waiting for the enemies
> Why?

Because it is, and I am completely serious when I say this, a legitimate strategy.

Sometimes I do it and I win. No shame about it, just that victory EXP bonus.

Oh yeah, and this:
“Keep spending most our lives, living in the camper’s paradise”

Because going into the open gets you BR’d to the face.

Also the reason I don’t play Swat. If I wanted to die from people not aiming at me, without knowing where they are, I’d go play CoD.

I play a lot of swat and I run around like a headless chicken, I have found campers on a few occasions that have killed me however they don’t tend to move, a strategic run around their los and assassination, works like a charm,

I enjoy it because its like hardcore mode of CoD which I thoroughly enjoyed

Is swat available right now? Did they add anything else like standard free for all? Thanks.

> > Why?
> > Just played a few matches f SWAT,and all the enemy team and sometimes my tema were doing was camp in a corner waiting for the enemies
> > Why?
>
> Because it is, and I am completely serious when I say this, a legitimate strategy.
>
> Sometimes I do it and I win. No shame about it, just that victory EXP bonus.
>
> Oh yeah, and this:
> <mark>“Keep spending most our lives, living in the camper’s paradise”
[/quote]
</mark>
>
> I was waiting that one :smiley:

Like others have said, it’s not really a problem for me. That said, SWAT is one of my main modes. People tend to think camping makes it easier to survive, but really it just makes you a target since 90% of the campers sit still between kills.

> > Why?
> > Just played a few matches f SWAT,and all the enemy team and sometimes my tema were doing was camp in a corner waiting for the enemies
> > Why?
>
> <mark>Because it is, and I am completely serious when I say this, a legitimate strategy.</mark>
>
> Sometimes I do it and I win. No shame about it, just that victory EXP bonus.
>
> Oh yeah, and this:
> “Keep spending most our lives, living in the camper’s paradise”

This.

People complained about this with SWAT in Halo 2, 3 and Reach, but the fact is SWAT stands for “Special Weapons and Tactics”. One of the best tactics is finding a vantage point, getting a few kills, and then relocating to a new vantage point. Most people call this “camping”, but usually only people that die a crapload of times complain about it.

Ok,im not saying that you must og around out in the open,but staying in a building like the complex one,in the window,and everytime you hear bullets crouch meanwhile someone is in the top shooting and covering himself is just unfair

I dont want to say that campers are -Yoinks!-,but the ones against i have played a few matches ago,they really were people

Campers really ruined SWAT for me. I liked SWAT in Halo 3 because it was fast paced reflex shooty action. But if my opponents are just going to wait for me to go look for them, why should I bother?
Yes I know it’s a legitimate tactic, but it’s also boring as hell and not to mention frustrating.

Running and Gunning still works fine to a certain degree, but eventually you’re going to get shot by someone hiding in the corner. I’d much rather get shot by a bouncing lunatic like myself. I don’t camp because I get bored after two minutes and bunny hop off to find something more fun to do.

There’s nothing to do about it except for stop playing I guess.
It’s a shame so many people have taken on camping as a primary tactic, it does make you appreciate the more proactive players though.

Also I know it’s not a new problem, but I’ve been running into more and more campers over the past years of online shooters.
I wonder why this tactic is becoming increasingly popular. I never understood what the fun of it is, besides better scores in some cases. Maybe it’s because the online scene has become more competitive over time and people value a good score over a good time.