Swat (Breakout) is not Halo

I’ve never understood why people want to remove shields from Halo. The one thing that effectively makes Halo unique and you think it would be fun to take it away. It’s bad enough that in today’s adhd shooter market we have to put up with constant one hit kill mechanics in games like cod because the children that play it get bored if it’s not “fast” enough. The beauty of Halo (with its shields and slower moving super humans in powered armor) is that fights AREN’T fast. They are like a beautiful coreograpghed dances with the best man coming out on top, not just the guy that got the first hit. Slow your game down don’t speed it up or it will just go the way of a Halo 4 failure. It’s pretty I’ll give you that ,but rethink yer use of those shields, when you in fact use them.

Hey man Not to make you sound dumb or anything but they’re using shields in breakout with low health. That is just one game mode, which means you don’t have to play it if it’s not your cup of tea… If you watch the sprint they have an answer to everything you stated about this game mode. I prefer playing this than swat because it is more paintball like which is kind of fun IMO. and Halo 4 wasn’t a failure because they tried to speed the game up, it was the maps(most argued problem with halo 4). Infact everyone likes Halo 2 because it was somewhat fast paced…

Breakout and swat are kind of like call of duty and hardcore mode not everyone will like it but it would be pretty dumb to remove a game mode or change it completely because a couple of people don’t like it. lol

So I am to understand that you do not think Breakout is a Halo gametype but it plays like the Halo SWAT gametype without precision weapons?

Do you think that in the end that this gametype may not be what you like and it’s OK because there’s usually about 2-4 gametypes that don’t feature the standards of that particular title?

I ask because there’s a difference between tweaking an ideal and scrapping it altogether. Breakout, is suppose to be fast paced, hence the name. Right now one could definitely make the arguement that without objectives, Breakout stalemates because smart play doesn’t involve pushing without reason. And 343i will tell you that the lower the shields are intended to allow a 1vs2 or even 3!!! a chance to succeed.

So if we are to keep in mind that because it’s round based with fullautos (no it’s not intended to be played in HCS settings with BR starts) and is meant to rush opponents at each other…

How about Breakout Ricochet?

Well its an optional playlist…Sometimes I think people can’t see the obvious. Lets picture the final release for a moment here. I’m guessing the Playlists will look something like this

Team Slayer
Big Team Battle
Team Hardcore
HCS Playlist
Team Doubles
Team Snipers
Team Objective
Breakout
Swat
Free For all
Possible New mode

Guess what! You’ll never have to play Breakout! Its a new mode that isn’t supposed to play like traditional Halo. It’s not trying to be Team Slayer

swats been in halo 4 a long time. its not some crazy new thing that 343 cooked up. as for breakout I think its very skill based. you need good situational awareness and teamwork if you want to win.

I haven’t tried it but it sounds ok. Regardless, it’s a game mode. Who cares if you don’t like it? I think race sucks but I never play it.

> 2533274807858554;4:
> Well its an optional playlist…Sometimes I think people can’t see the obvious. Lets picture the final release for a moment here. I’m guessing the Playlists will look something like this
>
> Team Slayer
> Big Team Battle
> Team Hardcore
> HCS Playlist
> Team Doubles
> Team Snipers
> Team Objective
> Breakout
> Swat
> Free For all
> Possible New mode
>
> Guess what! You’ll never have to play Breakout! Its a new mode that isn’t supposed to play like traditional Halo. It’s not trying to be Team Slayer

Its more gonna be like:

Team Slayer
Rumble (FFA)
BTB
Breakout (Its meant to replace swat)
Ricochet
Outposts (New name for Domination/Territories)
Team Objective
CTF (how did you forget it?)
Possible New Gamemode

> 2533274829505190;7:
> > 2533274807858554;4:
> > Well its an optional playlist…Sometimes I think people can’t see the obvious. Lets picture the final release for a moment here. I’m guessing the Playlists will look something like this
> >
> > Team Slayer
> > Big Team Battle
> > Team Hardcore
> > HCS Playlist
> > Team Doubles
> > Team Snipers
> > Team Objective
> > Breakout
> > Swat
> > Free For all
> > Possible New mode
> >
> > Guess what! You’ll never have to play Breakout! Its a new mode that isn’t supposed to play like traditional Halo. It’s not trying to be Team Slayer
>
>
> Its more gonna be like:
>
> Team Slayer
> Rumble (FFA)
> BTB
> Breakout (Its meant to replace swat)
> Ricochet
> Outposts (New name for Domination/Territories)
> Team Objective
> CTF (how did you forget it?)
> Possible New Gamemode

CTF would technically fall into objective…

> 2533274868265432;8:
> > 2533274829505190;7:
> > > 2533274807858554;4:
> > > Well its an optional playlist…Sometimes I think people can’t see the obvious. Lets picture the final release for a moment here. I’m guessing the Playlists will look something like this
> > >
> > > Team Slayer
> > > Big Team Battle
> > > Team Hardcore
> > > HCS Playlist
> > > Team Doubles
> > > Team Snipers
> > > Team Objective
> > > Breakout
> > > Swat
> > > Free For all
> > > Possible New mode
> > >
> > > Guess what! You’ll never have to play Breakout! Its a new mode that isn’t supposed to play like traditional Halo. It’s not trying to be Team Slayer
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Its more gonna be like:
> >
> > Team Slayer
> > Rumble (FFA)
> > BTB
> > Breakout (Its meant to replace swat)
> > Ricochet
> > Outposts (New name for Domination/Territories)
> > Team Objective
> > CTF (how did you forget it?)
> > Possible New Gamemode
>
>
>
> CTF would technically fall into objective…

CTF has always been in Team Objective… and Outposts probably will go in there as well
Ricochet will probably be added into a Sports category with Grifball, but they might just be weekly playlists

EDIT: Meant to reply to Roderick

I do appreciated that this is an “optional” playlist because it is something I am not interested in AT ALL. I will at least check it out but with no respawns, no thanks.

It’s in its own playlist. Don’t like it? Don’t play it.

> 2533274829505190;7:
> > 2533274807858554;4:
> > Well its an optional playlist…Sometimes I think people can’t see the obvious. Lets picture the final release for a moment here. I’m guessing the Playlists will look something like this
> >
> > Team Slayer
> > Big Team Battle
> > Team Hardcore
> > HCS Playlist
> > Team Doubles
> > Team Snipers
> > Team Objective
> > Breakout
> > Swat
> > Free For all
> > Possible New mode
> >
> > Guess what! You’ll never have to play Breakout! Its a new mode that isn’t supposed to play like traditional Halo. It’s not trying to be Team Slayer
>
>
>
> Its more gonna be like:
>
> Team Slayer
> Rumble (FFA)
> BTB
> Breakout (Its meant to replace swat)
> Ricochet
> Outposts (New name for Domination/Territories)
> Team Objective
> CTF (how did you forget it?)
> Possible New Gamemode

What about Infection, Grifball and Action Sack?

I played my first two games of Breakout last night. I think this game type certainly has competitive esports in mind. I honestly didn’t mind it too much. I didn’t care too much for the map in the beta, but I know there will be new ones out there. I think Breakout will give some quick and intense gameplay. Do I think I’ll play it a lot? Probably not because I have found that I really suck at Halo 5 so far haha. But, it is a nice change. I’m somewhat of a “purist” but I didn’t mind this. I guess it really depends on your playstyle.

I’ve been playing breakout more than slayer in halo 5 so I’m having a ton of fun with it with my fireteam.
I think it fits in nicely.

> 2533274877549444;13:
> > 2533274829505190;7:
> > > 2533274807858554;4:
> > > Well its an optional playlist…Sometimes I think people can’t see the obvious. Lets picture the final release for a moment here. I’m guessing the Playlists will look something like this
> > >
> > > Team Slayer
> > > Big Team Battle
> > > Team Hardcore
> > > HCS Playlist
> > > Team Doubles
> > > Team Snipers
> > > Team Objective
> > > Breakout
> > > Swat
> > > Free For all
> > > Possible New mode
> > >
> > > Guess what! You’ll never have to play Breakout! Its a new mode that isn’t supposed to play like traditional Halo. It’s not trying to be Team Slayer
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Its more gonna be like:
> >
> > Team Slayer
> > Rumble (FFA)
> > BTB
> > Breakout (Its meant to replace swat)
> > Ricochet
> > Outposts (New name for Domination/Territories)
> > Team Objective
> > CTF (how did you forget it?)
> > Possible New Gamemode
>
>
> What about Infection, Grifball and Action Sack?

i really hope for a return of FFA Throwback. FFA Throwback was some intense FFA action in the early days of h4

Some points have already be addressed to your errors but man I have a LOT of fun playing Breakout it is a fun game mode probably the most fun I have had with Halo multiplayer in a while

Not a single person so far addressed my point that without shields halo just isn’t halo. Call of Titanfall maybe but not halo. If you think it’s just a game type I can avoid we can move over to slayer which doesn’t feel much different from the basically shield less breakout. It’s a shame that it “feels” like halo is moving away from what made it great to what makes the people that make games like call of duty think they’re great, the almighty $. Just because alot of dummies buy it doesnt make it good. Again I want a firefight not a one hit fest. Before you respond go play a game, not for score or kills but to really take a good long look at the mechanics. How each and every weapon actually works and maybe just how far away a grenade can be and still blast you from full to nothing. We’re supposed to be here to put in our two cents and make sure we get a good game in the end, not to hate on one another. However, haters gonna hate so by all means, flame away…

“Not a single person so far addressed my point that without shields halo just isn’t halo”

why should we? it*s a gametype - everything is answered :stuck_out_tongue:

swat has been around since halo 2 on the OG