Swapping sometimes swaps back to the same weapon

I use keyboard and mouse and so often when I am trying to quickly swap a weapon I am killed because it just swaps straight to the same empty weapon.

switching weapons is broken…at least on pc.
Only game I have were the wheel simply will not change weapons.
Map it to a button but it is still slow and unresponsive.
I imagine it is a glitch coupled with the unnecessary delays in the game.

1 Like

There NEEDS to be a short delay between inputs for gun switch. Every FPS I can readily think of does this, and it results in never over scrolling and thus switching weapons twice… except halo infinite. Many FPS games even allow you to specify this delay in the settings.

When I scroll my mouse in halo infinite one click, it works as intended about 9/10 times, but when it doesn’t i am left returning to an empty gun. I have played many, many FPS games, and am a game developer myself, and have never seen this behavior before, it is truly mind blowing that this was not caught and fixed in the development cycle. I have switched mice… three times… I have adjusted windows settings… It simply needs a needs a software side fix. You could also make it possible to bind scroll up to slot 1 and scroll down to slot 2, but you don’t have that either.

You have to fix this. It happens constantly.

2 Likes

Oh wait. I thought this was just my mouse wheel being screwy. This is an actual thing? Dang. I kind of noticed it when I switched to a mouse with a better (but not great) wheel and bound one of the mouse buttons to weapon swap, but I thought it might still be a problem with the wheel. :confused: If this could be fixed that would be awesome

2 Likes

Yes, it is a thing but I noticed it is actually just overly sensitive.

There is no roll as with other games…it is literally one notch.
You have to be that precise that it is unnaturally slow compared to general games standards.

I have it mapped to the side of the mouse but still use the mouse wheel here and there. After practice I don’t mind it but it just needs to be broadened past the single “click” and instead be more of a rotation, or have the option there.

It actually does work though.

1 Like

The mouse wheel varies from mouse to mouse, it can be an analog input that doesn’t map perfectly to windows, and in fact most don’t. This is why other games have a small delay where they throw out the second mousewheel input in rapid succession. The delay only needs to be like 100ms and it will entirely solve the problem. Halo infinite has chosen to not implement this.

1 Like

I have this same issue. There’s no delay in weapon changing and if you accidentally move the wheel 2 positions it will appear as it “switches” to the same weapon. This is very annoying. Please add a delay and make it configurable from the controls menu. You can’t really afford to be so delicate about moving the wheel in the heat of the battle.

1 Like