Survivor: Armor Lock for Vehicles

Not necessarily saying its good but now when your vehicle explodes when you’re in it you are invincible/don’t die from it (makes no sense to the logical me). I see this as a minor Armor Lock reboot but instead of total invincibility for a set time without movement one is invincible against vehicle death no matter what shot made the vehicle to blow it up.

My gripe with it:

*Spartan Laser is useless now due to the vehicle only being destroyed (even if the laser hits the pilot/driver). It’d make more sense to destroy a vehicle BEFORE anyone ever gets in it.

*All explosive weaponry to effectively destroy a vehicle and it’s pilot (Rocket, Incineration Cannon, Sticky Detonator) are now null & only destroy the vehicle (again, makes no sense). Tried & tested online by me.

Those are my thoughts on the new mod. I’d really like to hear everyone else’s.

Don’t even try. Survivor only applies to vehicle drivers (assuming they’re such avid vehicle drivers that they pick this over others that are much more practical) where armor lock held applications in every aspect of the game. There’s already information coming out that shows that survivor doesn’t always work in every situation when driving. Also, considering how players can SPAWN with plasma grenades and a plasma pistol, vehicles have been hampered in this game already. This could be 343’s way of giving a little something back to vehicle drivers who have struggled due to loudouts.

You’re acting as if EVERYONE is going to be using it in every vehicle for the rest of time, that is not the case. The armor lock comparisons need to stop, it’s not that bad.

Lol I’m getting more splazer kills than normal with people driving the warthogs more since they’re encouraged to do so.

> Lol I’m getting more splazer kills than normal with people driving the warthogs more since they’re encouraged to do so.

Taking advantage of it!

> > Lol I’m getting more splazer kills than normal with people driving the warthogs more since they’re encouraged to do so.
>
> Taking advantage of it!

Racing through it now. Its promoting vehicle use which is much needed heck people are even using the mongooses more. Its actually beneficial to multiplayer.

1. The survivor is very easy to kill
  2. You still get the medal for destroying the vehicle

I really see no issue

well say goodbye to my spartan laser commendation.

> *Spartan Laser is useless now due to the vehicle only being destroyed (even if the laser hits the pilot/driver). It’d make more sense to destroy a vehicle BEFORE anyone ever gets in it.

The vehicle kill still counts towards commendations. Also, IMO, it’s always been a better idea to destroy enemy vehicles before they’re used.

> *All explosive weaponry to effectively destroy a vehicle and it’s pilot (Rocket, Incineration Cannon, Sticky Detonator) are now null & only destroy the vehicle (again, makes no sense). Tried & tested online by me.

True, and that sucks. Sometimes though, the splash damage of the explosion is enough to kill the player too, as is the case if you destroy a vehicle with a sticky or an IC.

Bottom line, for a player using Survivor, you can either get a vehicle kill or a player kill, not both. So you should probably aim for the player, not the vehicle.

And this is another reason why I hate perks: you have no idea if a player in a vehicle is using Survivor or not, so you don’t know whether to aim for the player or the vehicle.

> 1. The survivor is very easy to kill
> 2. You still get the medal for destroying the vehicle
>
> I really see no issue

Plus most of the time you kill them with the vehicle explosion or the weapon used to destroy the vehicle.

> Lol I’m getting more splazer kills than normal with people driving the warthogs more since they’re encouraged to do so.

I’m feeling like this is 343’s attempt to make vehicles more appealing since they’re practically worthless in Halo these days. Instead of making vehicles stronger, they’re giving vehicle oriented players more incentive to roll around with them by giving you a bail-out button.

I know I’ll be more more inclined to drive a Warthog so my teammates can get kills if I know I have Operator and Survivor on. This ability may very well improve vehicular gameplay.

> well say goodbye to my spartan laser commendation.

I’m getting more splaser kills than ever with vehicle use being encouraged.

> > well say goodbye to my spartan laser commendation.
>
> I’m getting more splaser kills than ever with vehicle use being encouraged.

I tried to splase a mantis three times and he jumped out all of them >-> i am at 27 kills out of 75 expert how many is master ?

> > > well say goodbye to my spartan laser commendation.
> >
> > I’m getting more splaser kills than ever with vehicle use being encouraged.
>
> I tried to splase a mantis three times and he jumped out all of them >->

I’ve been only cheated out of a kill once but most of the time I’m not bothered since I often hit them ejecting with the the same splaser.

> > > > well say goodbye to my spartan laser commendation.
> > >
> > > I’m getting more splaser kills than ever with vehicle use being encouraged.
> >
> > I tried to splase a mantis three times and he jumped out all of them >->
>
> I’ve been only cheated out of a kill once but most of the time I’m not bothered since I often hit them ejecting with the the same splaser.

I edited my post but how many kills is the spartan laser in master

Goodbye splazer triple kills from fully loaded warthogs.

> Goodbye splazer triple kills from fully loaded warthogs.

More like getting more of them, I’ve been seeing people in the hog before I’ve splasered them.

> > 1. The survivor is very easy to kill
> > 2. You still get the medal for destroying the vehicle
> >
> > I really see no issue
>
> Plus most of the time you kill them with the vehicle explosion or the weapon used to destroy the vehicle.

And I have also experienced and found out that you’re not ejected from your vehicle all the time.

> > > > > well say goodbye to my spartan laser commendation.
> > > >
> > > > I’m getting more splaser kills than ever with vehicle use being encouraged.
> > >
> > > I tried to splase a mantis three times and he jumped out all of them >->
> >
> > I’ve been only cheated out of a kill once but most of the time I’m not bothered since I often hit them ejecting with the the same splaser.
>
> I edited my post but how many kills is the spartan laser in master

Distinguished to master completion is 250 kills

I’ve went from 190 to 233 kills in 6 matches. And one of which I didnt even get the splaser.

> > > well say goodbye to my spartan laser commendation.
> >
> > I’m getting more splaser kills than ever with vehicle use being encouraged.
>
> I tried to splase a mantis three times and he jumped out all of them >-> i am at 27 kills out of 75 expert how many is master ?

Think its master thats 75.