Survival mode: Halo 4

I’ve always wanted a game to be slightly realistic. For some reason, knowing it isn’t kind of discourages me from playing it. Anyways, I thought of this mode called “Survival” where it’s just you or you with your teammates and you’re supposed to survive the whole match, but a certain number/everyone must be eliminated. Once you die, you are out. You can choose to spectate, or leave the game.
The only problem I have with this are people camping, or people intentionally not trying to kill each other and hiding. I don’t know but I think something can be thought of for this. Maybe the match has a time limit?

I posted up a poll for you guys to see if you like my idea, or don’t like it.

Edit: Survival could just be called “Elimination Slayer” or something like that. Read below posts to learn more.

Firefight?

Ohh, you’re talking about Matchmaking! I’ve thought about making a gametype that is similar to what you’ve described, but came to the conclusion that it would be too boring if you died quickly or if no one moved the entire match.

It’s just one of those ideas that seem cool, but never work out. :confused:

Oh, oops!

Additional details: You against Spartans. Spartan (s) vs. Spartan (s)

> Firefight?
>
> Ohh, you’re talking about Matchmaking! I’ve thought about making a gametype that is similar to what you’ve described, but came to the conclusion that it would be too boring if you died quickly or if no one moved the entire match.
>
> It’s just one of those ideas that seem cool, but never work out. :confused:

You don’t have to edit your post lol as a reply. I could have missed that. Anyways, maybe you could get a certain amount of lives? That way you wouldn’t die so quickly.

So, essentially you want to play Elimination Slayer?

Yes. Good way to put it. Maybe you could get a certain amount of lives so you don’t get eliminated too quickly. (repeat)

Elimination is always fun.

> You don’t have to edit your post lol as a reply. I could have missed that. Anyways, maybe you could get a certain amount of lives? That way you wouldn’t die so quickly.

I began editing it before you posted again. Hahaha.

I forgot Elimination Slayer existed. There are a couple of games out there that use elimination style gametypes very well, but I don’t see it ever happening in Halo 4. I’m still for the idea though.

This doesn’t really work well with Halo, in other games you can still win a 1vs3 fight because the kill times are faster, but it’s impossible to do that in Halo. Elimination also brings the camping problem to a whole new level, if you’re the last one left in your team you know you’re f***ed.

This reminds me of counter strike. Once you die you are out for that round. It is fun sometimes but not others.

Maybe say 3 lives per round or something along those lines.

And btw, I just wanted to point out that this has been tried before. I think the playlist/gametype was called Team Tactical in Halo 3, but I could be mistaken