Surrender Option

This is me spit balling. But in the situation where everyone on your team quits and it’s just you, the sole survivor, you don’t really stand much chance of winning. I think it would be a good option to have a surrender option. You get penalised for the loss (but less so than just quitting), without the soul destroying, kick my -Yoink- mode the game becomes. If you fancy your chances, you can choose not to surrender and maybe you get a lone wolf medal or something.

In all honesty, I don’t like playing the game either as the single player or against the single player, it drags and becomes a bit boring. It’s just a thought, I’m wondering what everyone else thinks?

I’ve always wanted this in Halo! But at the same time if your on the winning team you’d be mad because you couldn’t pad your stats. I think you shouldn’t loose anything rank wise if you loose because your the only one left. And if your team wins and you have less players then I think you should get double XP boost or something.

That’s an interesting thought. I think I can see it going both ways. The team that has the advantage in numbers may be irritated the game didn’t finish. The lone wolf on the opposing team is almost sure to lose, which could hurt the stats. If 343 put in a surrender option, I can see tons of flaming happening. I personally would like to see a solution for this exact situation. I have been in a few games where I have been the only player. I stuck it out, lost, and moved on. I have also been on the other side where we had a full team and the other team had one person. It didn’t really seem fair but we won and moved on as well.

You have a good idea, I think it would need to be explored more to be fair for all involved.

> 2533274795072109;1:
> This is me spit balling. But in the situation where everyone on your team quits and it’s just you, the sole survivor, you don’t really stand much chance of winning. I think it would be a good option to have a surrender option. You get penalised for the loss (but less so than just quitting), without the soul destroying, kick my -Yoink- mode the game becomes. If you fancy your chances, you can choose not to surrender and maybe you get a lone wolf medal or something.
>
> In all honesty, I don’t like playing the game either as the single player or against the single player, it drags and becomes a bit boring. It’s just a thought, I’m wondering what everyone else thinks?

That’s a killer idea. I am a player that rarely ever quits. In the pre beta I had a game where my entire team left just after the game started. I decided to just run out and let the other team kill me over and over again in hopes to end the match early. Well even with running out over and over again it would have still been quicker for me to just quit. So from now on if I am the only player left, I will indeed just quit. I really like the idea of a “surrender” option. Great idea. Or better yet, add JIP like in H4 and we can avoid all these threads. :slight_smile:

I know right!?! Yesterday I played a game where my 3 teammates quit 2 minutes into the game and left me to get wailed on by the opposing team. I didn’t quit since I’m the kind of person that likes to see if I could actually win in this kind of scenario, but 2 of the enemy players got their hands on multiple swords so I just accepted my loss and let them cut me apart. Even then, I lost 24 points on my competitive skill rank, more than any game previous. If there isn’t a surrender feature, I would like a more lenient system like the one in titanfall where your loss wasn’t recorded if you joined in on a loosing team or if all your teammates quit.

Agreed… having been the victim of this on a few occasions I think a surrender options would be good. Here’s my idea for it… An option should pop up if you’re team is around 50% that of the opposing team. 2v4 or for BTB 4v8. The game pauses and the lesser team gets a vote and majority rules whether the game should continue or not. Note… the pause idea is something that just popped into my head. Could be done without it as well.

These are the kind of ideas that are out of the box thinking and perfect for a beta. They are ideas 343 has plenty of time to consider. Keep the ideas coming. I do truly hope they add JIP like they had in H4. That would cure a vast majority of the unbalanced team problems.