Surprising Lack of Trailers

I noticed that every Halo game was announced ABOUT two years before it came out. Most of them had about five trailers ( Halo 3 for example). Yet, ten months before Halo 4 all we have is Concept Art, the “Awakening” Trailer, and a leaked/ trashed cut scene. Give us some more for Christ’s sake!

Wait? Cut scene? Wha-where?

> Wait? Cut scene? Wha-where?

Its nothing really important you would be wasting your time to go hunt it down and watch it. Its a trashed cut scene anyway.

Dude, we’re not dealing with Bungie any more, this is 343i which is working with Microsoft, we are on their schedule not ours, so live with it.

Every game in the series since Halo 3, save for Halo Wars, has had a year and a couple of months before the launch of the game.

To sum up what I’ve said in the past, developers and publishers don’t need years of long anticipation for marketing a game. The spread of internet and other mass-media resources negates the need for developers to open their traps the second they have an idea in mind for a game. For example, Call of Duty: World at War had its first reveal trailer in June 2008 with its release just a few short months later in November…and that game sold out like a Volkswagen Beetle.

We don’t need big, long, grand debuts over a few years for big named titles anymore when you can get the same press in a compressed form that doesn’t make you linger forever (I’m looking at you Blizzard and BioWare!).

So in essence, just chill and wait.

The concept art was not a trailer, it was a small little look at some art during pre development, with some of Sotaro’s music to give a small taste of his music direction. But yeah, I think it’s about time 343 gave us another trailer, or 343 will start losing people’s interests in this game. Here’s hoping that the February 29th-March 5th Microsoft Event actually does show Halo 4.

> Every game in the series since Halo 3, save for Halo Wars, has had a year and a couple of months before the launch of the game.
>
> To sum up what I’ve said in the past, developers and publishers don’t need years of long anticipation for marketing a game. The spread of internet and other mass-media resources negates the need for developers to open their traps the second they have an idea in mind for a game. For example, Call of Duty: World at War had its first reveal trailer in June 2008 with its release just a few short months later in November…and that game sold out like a Volkswagen Beetle.
>
> We don’t need big, long, grand debuts over a few years for big named titles anymore when you can get the same press in a compressed form that doesn’t make you linger forever (I’m looking at you Blizzard and BioWare!).
>
> So in essence, just chill and wait.

Call of duty’s come out every year so yes they have less time to come out with trailers let alone produce them.

> Call of duty’s come out every year so yes they have less time to come out with trailers let alone produce them.

Each year a Call of Duty game is released, yes, but by different developers. While it is already at a point that it’ll come back every year like EA’s sports games, each new installment has a development cycle of two years, with close to a year of solid advertisement and hype.

It just goes to show that big name franchises don’t really need long hype periods anymore.

We will get trailers eventually. For now go play some Halo Reach or Halo 3 and enjoy yourself. We just got to be patient.

We’ll get gameplay footage March 5th, be patient.

> Each year a Call of Duty game is released, yes, but by different developers. While it is already at a point that it’ll come back every year like EA’s sports games, each new installment has a development cycle of two years, with close to a year of solid advertisement and hype.
>
> It just goes to show that big name franchises don’t really need long hype periods anymore.

I disagree, yes it’s made by two different developers but I don’t think the other one can release anything on the new game until the old one is done making map packs.activision doesn’t want map sales to go down because the other game gets announced.

> We’ll get gameplay footage March 5th, be patient.

There’s nothing, anywhere, confirming that.

I’d love to know where your getting info from.

> I disagree, yes it’s made by two different developers but I don’t think the other one can release anything on the new game until the old one is done making map packs.activision doesn’t want map sales to go down because the other game gets announced.

This discussion is not about Call of Duty as a game, rather about how mass-media has advanced. World at War and following games in the series were merely a perfect example.

> > We’ll get gameplay footage March 5th, be patient.
>
> I’d love to know where your getting info from.

He “thinks” we will be getting info on March 5. There you go. Everyone is saying we will get info on March 5. I don’t know though. You never know it may be in April.

> This discussion is not about Call of Duty as a game, rather about how mass-media has advanced. World at War and following games in the series were merely a perfect example

any cod would be a perfect example, they have the shortest advertising campaign in the business but sell more games then everyone else and not by a small margin. It also shows that it probably doesn’t matter how long your advertising campaign is, the people who want it are going to get it.

> > This discussion is not about Call of Duty as a game, rather about how mass-media has advanced. World at War and following games in the series were merely a perfect example
>
> any cod would be a perfect example, they have the shortest advertising campaign in the business but sell more games then everyone else and not by a small margin. It also shows that it probably doesn’t matter how long your advertising campaign is, the people who want it are going to get it.

They really don’t need much of an advertising campaign since it’s such a proven franchise. Each year you won’t be surprised or let down that it’s the exact same thing.

Source?

> > We’ll get gameplay footage March 5th, be patient.
>
> Source?

On 5th March the veto for the divulgation of the info from Microsoft Press Conference for 2012 products(29th Febrary) will be expired.

> > > We’ll get gameplay footage March 5th, be patient.
> >
> > Source?
>
> On 5th March the veto for the divulgation of the info from Microsoft Press Conference for 2012 products(29th Febrary) will be expired.

Source that 343 will show Halo 4 gameplay on March 5th?