Support 343i by not pre-ordering Halo 5

Pre-orders have completely made the gaming industry a con game. Game developers/companies are sending out broken games because they want to be able to fit their deadline. Some of you might be thinking that “Lets pre-order halo 5, so we can make sure we have a copy”, thats not the case at all. Games that are big like Halo 5 will always be available in stores. Now by pre-ordering Halo 5, you are harming 343 and indirectly harming yourself. 343 is going to be made by Microsoft to release their game, no matter its status because of the numerous amounts of pre-orders. With a game being unfinished and rushed, we the consumers are left to suffer with a broken game.

I have never pre-ordered a game in my life and still have never had any trouble getting the game on release day, is pre-order an American thing that shops just don’t stock enough copies???

I’ll probably preorder the limited edition. The one with the statue. Those things probably aren’t in huge supply.

> 2533274798774028;2:
> I have never pre-ordered a game in my life and still have never had any trouble getting the game on release day, is pre-order an American thing that shops just don’t stock enough copies???

About 10 years ago, that was the case. If you didn’t pre-order, you ran the risk of not being able to get your copy on day one because retailers could run out. These days, That is a very, very rare thing. And even if a store does run out, digital downloads never do.

> 2533274873486404;3:
> I’ll probably preorder the limited edition. The one with the statue. Those things probably aren’t in huge supply.

You do realise that those incentives are made precisely for such a reason, right? To make the average consumer go “oh man, I really need that because they’ll go out of stock!”. Preorder bonuses are nothing more than an incentive on the side. You should be prioritising your purchases for the game.

> 2533274798774028;2:
> I have never pre-ordered a game in my life and still have never had any trouble getting the game on release day, is pre-order an American thing that shops just don’t stock enough copies???

Back in the day, there were times games did go out of stock. Sometimes, they can take weeks.

Nowadays, they’re there no matter what, especially for a big release.

> 2533274881015020;5:
> > 2533274873486404;3:
> > I’ll probably preorder the limited edition. The one with the statue. Those things probably aren’t in huge supply.
>
>
> You do realise that those incentives are made precisely for such a reason, right? To make the average consumer go “oh man, I really need that because they’ll go out of stock!”. Preorder bonuses are nothing more than an incentive on the side. You should be prioritising your purchases for the game.

I understand that they’re simply incentives on the side. It’s just that I like those type of incentives. Not armour skins or weapon skins. Actual physical items.

We have 3 xbox ones in my house, and yes, that means we have 3 H5 games preordered already. Why, because H5 is not the MCC with 4 campaigns and multi player modes, it 1 campaign with its multiplayer. That, and I/we absolutely loved the H5 Beta.

I don’t know about you, but I’m definitely pre-ordering Halo 5 xD

i’m preordering it. just waiting to see which edition i want the most.

I usually buy within a week or so of release on Xbox Live’s store and still get the pre-order bonuses.

I really don’t get why everybody loves to preorder so much…
IF I buy this game I would either get it on XBL or look for some store that is giving out copies before release day…

-Yoink- gamestop with all their little armor skins and stuff…

Should I support cancer patients by doing a cubic -Yoink–ton of heroin and peeing in their IVs? No? Then I’m not going to boycott a company’s efforts for some buttmad forumers. I’m going to buy the game, I’m going to play the game, and I’ll keep it if I like it or return it if I don’t. Because that’s how you decide whether or not a game is good. Not by jumping on dead-horse bandwagons.

> 2533274801973487;12:
> I really don’t get why everybody loves to preorder so much…
> IF I buy this game I would either get it on XBL or look for some store that is giving out copies before release day…
>
> -Yoink- gamestop with all their little armor skins and stuff…

Some ppl suck at budgeting and like those little in game extras. Start a pre order with 5$ and put little by little down untill it’s paid. I’ve never pre ordered a game in my life but a lot of my friends love it. To each his own tbh

> 2533274823340497;1:
> Pre-orders have completely made the gaming industry a con game. Game developers/companies are sending out broken games because they want to be able to fit their deadline. Some of you might be thinking that “Lets pre-order halo 5, so we can make sure we have a copy”, thats not the case at all. Games that are big like Halo 5 will always be available in stores. Now by pre-ordering Halo 5, you are harming 343 and indirectly harming yourself. 343 is going to be made by Microsoft to release their game, no matter its status because of the numerous amounts of pre-orders. With a game being unfinished and rushed, we the consumers are left to suffer with a broken game.

I see some real genius in your post, Kriptic, but I can’t say that in here. I’m afraid that everyone in the forum would see right through me, and I just don’t want anyone to know that I’ve fallen for you.

No one in this forum is gonna convince me not to pre-order Halo 5, the beta was an absolute blast and the story seems to be extremely interesting by what we have been shown so far.

> 2533274835305187;14:
> > 2533274801973487;12:
> > I really don’t get why everybody loves to preorder so much…
> > IF I buy this game I would either get it on XBL or look for some store that is giving out copies before release day…
> >
> > -Yoink- gamestop with all their little armor skins and stuff…
>
>
> Some ppl suck at budgeting and like those little in game extras. Start a pre order with 5$ and put little by little down untill it’s paid. I’ve never pre ordered a game in my life but a lot of my friends love it. To each his own tbh

And by that they support shiity moves from publishers and big stores to cut content (as little as it seems) from the game…

> 2678703528375484;8:
> We have 3 xbox ones in my house, and yes, that means we have 3 H5 games preordered already. Why, because H5 is not the MCC with 4 campaigns and multi player modes, it 1 campaign with its multiplayer. That, and I/we absolutely loved the H5 Beta.

This post doesn’t even make any sense.

> 2533274925159248;16:
> No one in this forum is gonna convince me not to pre-order Halo 5, the beta was an absolute blast and the story seems to be extremely interesting by what we have been shown so far.

Neither does this one. No one is telling you not to buy it.

There’s a very deep distinction between “don’t buy this game” and “don’t preorder this game.”

When you preorder, it means that companies have no incentive to release a working game, or even a high quality game, at launch. Just look at the mess games are nowadays. When you don’t preorder, you ensure the developers have as much pressure as possible to ensure that their game works. And if you’re hellbent on preordering, don’t preorder from so many months off. Wait until the week before launch. You still get all of your bonus content, but this way you’re not encouraging developers to slack off because they already have money in their pockets.

<mark>Do not post inappropriate comments.</mark>

don’t plan on playing halo now that 343 ruined it with agent cocke.