Superduper nerdy Sanghelios question

Just a heads up this question is really really nerdy. Sanghelios is very similar to Earth in terms of atmosphere, as evidence that the Sangheili are able to breath Earth’s air. Yet do you think it’s possible for Humans to live on Sanghelios. Sanghelios shares the same gases in its atmosphere as Earth does (nitrogen, argon, and oxygen) yet unlike Earth, Sanghelios’ sky is red. Sanghelios has oceans and continents like Earth, but due Sanghelios having a different sky hue is an indication that we wouldn’t be able to live on Sanghelios despite it being very similar to Earth. It would be nice to hang there, chillin with Thel.

I assume Horatio Temkin, the UNSC ambassador to Sanghelios lives on the planet. Besides the higher gravity, I’m pretty certain Humans could get used to Sanghelios pretty quickly.

I think we can live there. Not a scientist but since they can live here i say we can live there. bad assumption i know.
but we dont know much about their anatomy so the details are in the air.

accept the elves have blood that cures all diseases and thats why they never get colds. youll be happier.

I believe the only reason our sky appears blue is the vast amount of nitrogen in our atmostphere. Maybe Sanghelios has less of a ratio or something different in the atmosphere that makes it look red? Excellent questions.

I’m pretty sure some humans have already been to Sanghelios in the books.

In Kilo-5 a character is on Sanghelios for quite some time without ill affect. I think the only Covenant that breathe different to humans are Unggoy.

> 2533274840469109;1:
> Sanghelios has oceans and continents like Earth, but due Sanghelios having a different sky hue is an indication that we wouldn’t be able to live on Sanghelios despite it being very similar to Earth.

It’s strange for you to come to this conclusion when everything else in your post supports the contrary…

Yeah, if they feel like 1.375G. No hefty people allowed.

> 2533274803493024;4:
> I believe the only reason our sky appears blue is the vast amount of nitrogen in our atmostphere. Maybe Sanghelios has less of a ratio or something different in the atmosphere that makes it look red? Excellent questions.

sky is not blue due to just nitrogen it is due to the scattering of light, both oxygen, nitrogen, argon carbon-dioxide (more accurately all molecular partials and aerosols in the atmosphere) and are perception of light.

its more to do with light scattering by different amounts for different wavelengths. This explains the color of almost anything: green grass scatters more green light than all other colors of light, why a red jumper is seen as red etc.

that said the reason for Sanghilos having a red atmosphere may just of high volume of red dust in the atmosphere. (we need not look further than mars to see a reddish atmosphere or LA in rush hour to see a brownish one). other than this and diffrent topography Sanghilos is a Goldilocks planet or for the Trekies a M class planet. it would just be a case of adapting to a .3 gravity increase.

Vertical forces affect your blood pressure. At 2 G’s you need twice the pressure to pump blood from your heart to your brain. At 3 G’s you need three times the pressure. Most people pass out at 4 or 5 G’s because the heart can’t produce the pressure needed to pump blood to the brain. When exposed to such force, the blood pools in the lower extremities, and the brain stops working because it isn’t getting enough oxygen.

Fun fact: Elites have two hearts.

As long as the atmospheric composition and pressure, gravity and there is an ample supply of food/ water, humans should be able to live there fine.

Phillips the scientist from The Kilo Five Trilogy was able to be there and stay alive. Only problem I could see is the stronger gravity

> 2533274846706692;11:
> Phillips the scientist from The Kilo Five Trilogy was able to be there and stay alive. Only problem I could see is the stronger gravity

Cant remember how long he was down there, but he seemed to suffer no affects from the planets atmosphere.

They can though I do not know how large the amount of UV is from Urs, Fied and Joori. Based on the concept art it seems like Joori is a red dwarf, Fied is a bit smaller than our sun and Urs is an F class star though this is pure speculation.