Super Secret Remake huh?

Nice one 343 :wink:

Nice one what? There isn’t anything in that IGN article that says 343 or Halo. There are “super secret game” spots, but those also don’t say who it is that is doing those. For all we know it could be an announcement for “My Little Pony: Pony Up”. It is all speculation and rumor mill until an official announcement has been made.

I think 343i has Super Secret Remake and Super Sequel #4 reserved :smiley:

Ninja Gaiden III is the one I am awaiting to find out about. NGII lacked the combat refinement of NGI. With all those weapons, only the 1 or 2 moves per weapon were effective to use against enemies. That made it boring for myself.
At least in NG1 I could mix up the moves depending on the enemy-type. Not too sure how this whole “I don’t cut in a single swipe” is going to be.
I believe Mr.T didn’t approve of NGII being prematurely released… damn due dates.
That’s something I do hope 343i does with their gaming development. Similar to id’s philosophy; when it reaches OUR standards, it will go gold. MS/Activion/EA’s standards aren’t always the best, ya know? :smiley:

> Nice one what? There isn’t anything in that IGN article that says 343 or Halo. There are “super secret game” spots, but those also don’t say who it is that is doing those. For all we know it could be an announcement for “My Little Pony: Pony Up”. It is all speculation and rumor mill until an official announcement has been made.

brain.exe
What game gets a Remake? Yeah… There is nothing besides the Halo Remake rumors.

> > Nice one what? There isn’t anything in that IGN article that says 343 or Halo. There are “super secret game” spots, but those also don’t say who it is that is doing those. For all we know it could be an announcement for “My Little Pony: Pony Up”. It is all speculation and rumor mill until an official announcement has been made.
>
> brain.exe
> What game gets a Remake? Yeah… There is nothing besides the Halo Remake rumors.

Again, there isn’t anything on there stating about a Halo remake. So right now, you are seeing things that you want to see. More than likely its going to be that because of the internet chatter and rumor mill pretty much confirming it, but never think you are right until it is proven from a viable source. Because if you’re wrong, I’m gonna virtually point and laugh at you.

Any game can get a remake:
It could be a StarFox remake. Because, StarFox was AWESOME!
It could be a Zelda remake (Like the Nintendo 3DS remake, but for something else)
It could be a Sewer Shark remake.
It could be a Zero Tolerance remake (Which I would buy and play like crazy. That old FPS was fun)
It could be any game in the Playstation library - because that’s what Sony likes to do; capitalize on their past accomplishments.
It could be a Resident Evil remake.
It could be a Shenmue remake.
It could be a MGS remake.

I could go on and on with a list of games that could get remade.

> > Nice one what? There isn’t anything in that IGN article that says 343 or Halo. There are “super secret game” spots, but those also don’t say who it is that is doing those. For all we know it could be an announcement for “My Little Pony: Pony Up”. It is all speculation and rumor mill until an official announcement has been made.
>
> brain.exe
> What game gets a Remake? Yeah… There is nothing besides the Halo Remake rumors.

It is completely possible that it might be referring to a Halo CE remake, but there are plenty of other possibilities as well. You’re making a big jump to a conclusion, and being rude about it in the process. Let’s keep things polite here, ok? :slight_smile:

> I think 343i has Super Secret Remake and Super Sequel #4 reserved :smiley:
>
> Ninja Gaiden III is the one I am awaiting to find out about. NGII lacked the combat refinement of NGI. With all those weapons, only the 1 or 2 moves per weapon were effective to use against enemies. That made it boring for myself.
> At least in NG1 I could mix up the moves depending on the enemy-type. Not too sure how this whole “I don’t cut in a single swipe” is going to be.
> I believe Mr.T didn’t approve of NGII being prematurely released… damn due dates.
> That’s something I do hope 343i does with their gaming development. Similar to id’s philosophy; when it reaches OUR standards, it will go gold. MS/Activion/EA’s standards aren’t always the best, ya know? :smiley:

Oh man, Ninja Gaiden. That game was awesome. I never played the second one though. Sounds like I didn’t miss much. A NG3 would be one I’d get.

> > I think 343i has Super Secret Remake and Super Sequel #4 reserved :smiley:
> >
> > Ninja Gaiden III is the one I am awaiting to find out about. NGII lacked the combat refinement of NGI. With all those weapons, only the 1 or 2 moves per weapon were effective to use against enemies. That made it boring for myself.
> > At least in NG1 I could mix up the moves depending on the enemy-type. Not too sure how this whole “I don’t cut in a single swipe” is going to be.
> > I believe Mr.T didn’t approve of NGII being prematurely released… damn due dates.
> > That’s something I do hope 343i does with their gaming development. Similar to id’s philosophy; when it reaches OUR standards, it will go gold. MS/Activion/EA’s standards aren’t always the best, ya know? :smiley:
>
> Oh man, Ninja Gaiden. That game was awesome. I never played the second one though. Sounds like I didn’t miss much. A NG3 would be one I’d get.

Actually, when you mentioned “StarFox”, the hairs on the back of my neck stood up… I LOVED StarFox 64. Mario 64 wasn’t enough to convince me to by a Nintendo 64, but StarFox 64… man I’m sick of saying 64 :-/

> > > I think 343i has Super Secret Remake and Super Sequel #4 reserved :smiley:
> > >
> > > Ninja Gaiden III is the one I am awaiting to find out about. NGII lacked the combat refinement of NGI. With all those weapons, only the 1 or 2 moves per weapon were effective to use against enemies. That made it boring for myself.
> > > At least in NG1 I could mix up the moves depending on the enemy-type. Not too sure how this whole “I don’t cut in a single swipe” is going to be.
> > > I believe Mr.T didn’t approve of NGII being prematurely released… damn due dates.
> > > That’s something I do hope 343i does with their gaming development. Similar to id’s philosophy; when it reaches OUR standards, it will go gold. MS/Activion/EA’s standards aren’t always the best, ya know? :smiley:
> >
> > Oh man, Ninja Gaiden. That game was awesome. I never played the second one though. Sounds like I didn’t miss much. A NG3 would be one I’d get.
>
> Actually, when you mentioned “StarFox”, the hairs on the back of my neck stood up… I LOVED StarFox 64. Mario 64 wasn’t enough to convince me to by a Nintendo 64, but StarFox 64… man I’m sick of saying 64 :-/

I would buy a new Nintendo if there was a new StarFox game coming out.

Yes the StarFox thought was chilling :smiley:

Ninja Gaiden Hurricane Pack is my favourite version. Probably because Deflection made things easier. I loved the punishing Black addition that said “oh ya, let’s see you take THIS!!!”

NGII is still good. Story wise I think it’s above NGI. I really, really, really loved the death of Genshin. What I would call a pure Japanese-archetype great-warrior death.
Gameplay wise it’s a step backwards. I personally found it difficult to find any combos that I could mix up for fun against the enemies. I could easily Flying Swallow any enemy FTW, but to actually mix up combos for the kick -Yoink- combat I felt in NGI, that wasn’t there.
And then there’s the stairwell of Half a Dozen Frames Per Second. I can’t play NGI on the 360 because the emulator causes a slight but constant framerate stutter. NG1 was almost 100% flawless in that regard in the Box. NGII had slowdowns galore and the staircase moment was … words I cannot use on these forums :smiley:
But my biggest complaint about NGII, that enemies no longer interacted with each other. Their attacks and area-effect attacks used to be able to be used against them and each other. Not so in NGII. That took a HUGE aspect of Ninja-gameplay away.

end NG talk/ lol

I know this may be off-topic, but am I the only one hoping Super Sequel #3 is SW Battlefront III?

On topic: Sweet, I hope it has Online Multiplayer if it really is coming out.

> I know this may be off-topic, but am I the only one hoping Super Sequel #3 is SW Battlefront III?
>
> On topic: Sweet, I hope it has Online Multiplayer if it really is coming out.

The #3 dosen’t mean anything, because there is also a Super Secret Sequel #1, but if it’s #1, it can’t be a sequel, right ? :wink:

I really hope it isn’t a Halo CE remake. It’d probably be the only Halo game I won’t buy.

> I know this may be off-topic, but am I the only one hoping Super Sequel #3 is SW Battlefront III?
>

^^^^ THIS THIS THIS!!! ^^^^

> I really hope it is a Halo CE remake. It’d probably be the only Halo game I would buy.

ftfy

> > I really hope it is a Halo CE remake. It’d probably be the only Halo game I would buy.
>
> ftfy

No.

>

Not anymore !! :smiley: Republic Commando 2 would be sweeeeter.

While I’m still suspicious of any remake, I feel as if that a remake should include both the remastered campaigns from CE and Halo 2, if only to make it worth the pricing of a full game (Assuming it’s not an Xbox Arcade title).

FYI, they recently updated several of the “secret” titles. Now all that’s left is “Super Secret Remake”, “Super Secret Sequel #1”, and “Super Secret Sequel #2”.

http://games.ign.com/articles/117/1172302p1.html

Also, I don’t think the number in “Super Secret Sequel #X” means the actual sequel number. I think it was just what IGN used to distinguish between games on their schedule. :wink:

I doubt we’ll hear news on the Halo: Combat Evolved HD remake, and receive a Halo 4 announcement at E3 2011. Maybe one or the other - I’m hoping the latter.

However, that “Super Secret Remake” does sound suspiciously like something Halo-related…