Super Mongoose, Visor Colors and Stances.

1. I’m LOVING the mongoose in Halo 4. It actually has a purpose now that it’s faster. It finally plays a vital role in objective game types.
  2. The idea of having a wide selection of visor colors is simply marvelous.
  3. The stances look EPIC. Can’t wait to unlock the ‘Assassin’ one. :smiley:

Good job, 343i!

What are your thoughts?

Is it faster? Seemed almost slower to me o_O

> 1) I’m LOVING the mongoose in Halo 4. It actually has a purpose now that it’s faster. It finally plays a vital role in objective game types.
> 2) The idea of having a wide selection of visor colors is simply marvelous.
> 3) The stances look EPIC. Can’t wait to unlock the ‘Assassin’ one. :smiley:
>
> Good job, 343i!
>
> What are your thoughts?

i actually didnt realise the mongoose was quicker, me lickey and yeah the stances are awesome, visor colours - i dont really care much either way

The mongoose is more/less the same as every other mongoose addition. People used it the same way in Halo 3 and Reach.

How did it not play a vital role in the other games. Get in and cap the flag quickly…

> The mongoose is more/less the same as every other mongoose addition. People used it the same way in Halo 3 and Reach.
>
> How did it not play a vital role in the other games. Get in and cap the flag quickly…

It may seem that way, but it isn’t. If you’ve noticed, the warthog is slower, and the covenant vehicles without using boost are slower as well. In Reach, the mongoose was slower than Halo 3. Now this one is like Halo 3. Sure it played a role in other games, but people in it were easily shot down due to slower speed. Now in Halo 4, there’s a higher chance of staying alive with its current speed.

> > The mongoose is more/less the same as every other mongoose addition. People used it the same way in Halo 3 and Reach.
> >
> > How did it not play a vital role in the other games. Get in and cap the flag quickly…
>
> It may seem that way, but it isn’t. If you’ve noticed, the warthog is slower, and the covenant vehicles without using boost are slower as well. In Reach, the mongoose was slower than Halo 3. Now this one is like Halo 3. Sure it played a role in other games, but people in it were easily shot down due to slower speed. Now in Halo 4, there’s a higher chance of staying alive with its current speed.

It still plays the same role. It’s not like they did something godly to the mongoose or anything. I just don’t see why you got so happy over the mongoose doing what it still does in every game. The mongoose speed isn’t the problem in Reach. Vehicles like the Warthog and Mongoose would just flip over or blow up from dmr shots. Hemorrhage also had many hills and those vehicles didn’t stay low to the ground.

I wouldn’t blame the mongoose in Reach as it had the speed. you’d get shot off by an accurate person in Halo 3 just like Reach and Halo 4. Nothing mind blowing about the mongoose happened, except I think vehicle health is like Halo 3. That’s about it.

> > > The mongoose is more/less the same as every other mongoose addition. People used it the same way in Halo 3 and Reach.
> > >
> > > How did it not play a vital role in the other games. Get in and cap the flag quickly…
> >
> > It may seem that way, but it isn’t. If you’ve noticed, the warthog is slower, and the covenant vehicles without using boost are slower as well. In Reach, the mongoose was slower than Halo 3. Now this one is like Halo 3. Sure it played a role in other games, but people in it were easily shot down due to slower speed. Now in Halo 4, there’s a higher chance of staying alive with its current speed.
>
> It still plays the same role. It’s not like they did something godly to the mongoose or anything. I just don’t see why you got so happy over the mongoose doing what it still does in every game. The mongoose speed isn’t the problem in Reach. Vehicles like the Warthog and Mongoose would just flip over or blow up from dmr shots. Hemorrhage also had many hills and those vehicles didn’t stay low to the ground.
>
> I wouldn’t blame the mongoose in Reach as it had the speed. you’d get shot off by an accurate person in Halo 3 just like Reach and Halo 4. Nothing mind blowing about the mongoose happened, except I think vehicle health is like Halo 3. That’s about it.

I find that it resembles the Halo 3 mongoose more than the Reach one. That’s just my opinion.

> > 1) I’m LOVING the mongoose in Halo 4. It actually has a purpose now that it’s faster. It finally plays a vital role in objective game types.
> > 2) The idea of having a wide selection of visor colors is simply marvelous.
> > 3) The stances look EPIC. Can’t wait to unlock the ‘Assassin’ one. :smiley:
> >
> > Good job, 343i!
> >
> > What are your thoughts?
>
> i actually didnt realise the mongoose was quicker, me <mark>lickey</mark> and yeah the stances are awesome, visor colours - i dont really care much either way

…ew?

OT: Me gusta. I’m really liking where Halo 4 is going. Can’t wait for November. I hate objective gametypes anyway, so the CTF changes don’t bother me. :smiley:

> Is it faster? Seemed almost slower to me o_O

It seemed to fit the role better on Exile specifically though. I can admit that. In previous games the thing was just sort of there and served no real purpose as the Warthog was faster and safer.

With less straight-away paths the Mongoose’s acceleration actually shines. So it’s exciting to see 343 understand this game better than Bungie did in terms of vehicle play, and personally much more.

> > > 1) I’m LOVING the mongoose in Halo 4. It actually has a purpose now that it’s faster. It finally plays a vital role in objective game types.
> > > 2) The idea of having a wide selection of visor colors is simply marvelous.
> > > 3) The stances look EPIC. Can’t wait to unlock the ‘Assassin’ one. :smiley:
> > >
> > > Good job, 343i!
> > >
> > > What are your thoughts?
> >
> > i actually didnt realise the mongoose was quicker, me <mark>lickey</mark> and yeah the stances are awesome, visor colours - i dont really care much either way
>
> <mark>…ew?</mark>
>
> OT: Me gusta. I’m really liking where Halo 4 is going. Can’t wait for November. I hate objective gametypes anyway, so the CTF changes don’t bother me. :smiley:

I admit, I almost fell out of my chair laughing at this one.

Where did you see the stances? I know their in the game but I haven’t seen any footage or pictures of them, or how to change them.

Is there a lime green armor color?

Mongoose feels more redundant with everyone having sprints + thrusters about.

The warthog is slower? that’s lamee :frowning:

The stances look amazing, no more generic holding the gun from the hip stance for me. :smiley:

> Where did you see the stances? I know their in the game but I haven’t seen any footage or pictures of them, or how to change them.

Same, I’d I’ve been poking around quite a bit as well.

> Where did you see the stances? I know their in the game but I haven’t seen any footage or pictures of them, or how to change them.

Look at Nak3d Eli’s channel.

> The stances look amazing, no more generic holding the gun from the hip stance for me. :smiley:

Indeed. :smiley: