Super Fiesta is Definitely not Social, why?

So before, back when social was fully ranked…but ranks were hidden…
Everyone got more annoyed overtime.
Until, 343 made the social playlists actually social…not ranked.
But now, Fiesta is definitely not social either…
Why 343?
You make things social again, only to go back to making “social” playlists ranked?
As someone who is an Onyx player in the majority of playlists…when I play social I want a break, I don’t want to be put against onyx kids as well, cause then you may as well have a ranked game.
But in “social” super fiesta…
Everyone I go against is between Platinum and Onyx.
This is not social 343.
We want social, not ranked with hidden ranks.

Because the tryhards and farmers will always go into “Social” playlists because they’re easier to farm and pad their K/D in than Ranked Playlists. No matter what 343i does, “Social” playlists probably won’t ever be a thing because of the Community, not the game.

> 2533274950478805;2:
> Because the tryhards and farmers will always go into “Social” playlists because they’re easier to farm and pad their K/D in than Ranked Playlists. No matter what 343i does, “Social” playlists probably won’t ever be a thing because of the Community, not the game.

Tryhard will always pad their K/Ds by going in 12 man squads in Warzone.
If it were CTF I’d understand…
But with slayer?
First to 50?
You can’t do much statting.

There have been hidden ranks in other Halo games IIRC. Just to quote something from B.net

1. Rank is there to match you against similar skilled players, which brings me to the next point.

2. If you enjoy playing against new players who have no idea what they are doing, you are playing the wrong game. Playing against a similar skilled player is fun, it is a challenge, and when you do your best to win, you get a lot of fun.

Everyone spawns with a random and most of the time one shot kill weapon, you cant get much more social than that. Plus hidden ranks have been a thing in the majority of Halo games I believe.

> 2533274848599184;4:
> There have been hidden ranks in other Halo games IIRC. Just to quote something from B.net
>
> 1. Rank is there to match you against similar skilled players, which brings me to the next point.
>
> 2. If you enjoy playing against new players who have no idea what they are doing, you are playing the wrong game. Playing against a similar skilled player is fun, it is a challenge, and when you do your best to win, you get a lot of fun.

Yeah when I want to take a break from Onyx arena, I get to go against people in Onyx ranked arena. Great fun…
This is another reason why people smurf so often.
Strict bans.
No social…
Add actual social and loosen bans and you might see less smurfing.

> 2533274924290830;1:
> So before, back when social was fully ranked…but ranks were hidden…
> Everyone got more annoyed overtime.
> Until, 343 made the social playlists actually social…not ranked.
> But now, Fiesta is definitely not social either…
> Why 343?
> You make things social again, only to go back to making “social” playlists ranked?
> As someone who is an Onyx player in the majority of playlists…when I play social I want a break, I don’t want to be put against onyx kids as well, cause then you may as well have a ranked game.
> But in “social” super fiesta…
> Everyone I go against is between Platinum and Onyx.
> This is not social 343.
> We want social, not ranked with hidden ranks.

Yeah, it is kinda funny to go into Fiesta and see people setting up to lockdown the map only to spawn with a heartseeker and make it all for naught.

> 2533274950478805;2:
> Because the tryhards and farmers will always go into “Social” playlists because they’re easier to farm and pad their K/D in than Ranked Playlists. No matter what 343i does, “Social” playlists probably won’t ever be a thing because of the Community, not the game.

I see an easy solution to that. Don’t track stats for social playlists.

> 2533274924290830;6:
> > 2533274848599184;4:
> > There have been hidden ranks in other Halo games IIRC. Just to quote something from B.net
> >
> > 1. Rank is there to match you against similar skilled players, which brings me to the next point.
> >
> > 2. If you enjoy playing against new players who have no idea what they are doing, you are playing the wrong game. Playing against a similar skilled player is fun, it is a challenge, and when you do your best to win, you get a lot of fun.
>
>
> Yeah when I want to take a break from Onyx arena, I get to go against people in Onyx ranked arena. Great fun…
> This is another reason why people smurf so often.
> Strict bans.
> No social…
> Add actual social and loosen bans and you might see less smurfing.

Social isn’t playing against players who have no chance to best you. Just because you want to stomp doesn’t mean you should be allowed to.

> 2533274944621319;8:
> > 2533274924290830;6:
> > > 2533274848599184;4:
> > > There have been hidden ranks in other Halo games IIRC. Just to quote something from B.net
> > >
> > > 1. Rank is there to match you against similar skilled players, which brings me to the next point.
> > >
> > > 2. If you enjoy playing against new players who have no idea what they are doing, you are playing the wrong game. Playing against a similar skilled player is fun, it is a challenge, and when you do your best to win, you get a lot of fun.
> >
> >
> > Yeah when I want to take a break from Onyx arena, I get to go against people in Onyx ranked arena. Great fun…
> > This is another reason why people smurf so often.
> > Strict bans.
> > No social…
> > Add actual social and loosen bans and you might see less smurfing.
>
>
> Social isn’t playing against players who have no chance to best you. Just because you want to stomp doesn’t mean you should be allowed to.

I don’t want it to be like that to stop…I want it to be like that so I’m not constantly against Onyx kids who can snipe you instantly.

> 2533274924290830;3:
> > 2533274950478805;2:
> > Because the tryhards and farmers will always go into “Social” playlists because they’re easier to farm and pad their K/D in than Ranked Playlists. No matter what 343i does, “Social” playlists probably won’t ever be a thing because of the Community, not the game.
>
>
> Tryhard will always pad their K/Ds by going in 12 man squads in Warzone.
> If it were CTF I’d understand…
> But with slayer?
> First to 50?
> You can’t do much statting.

Again, doesn’t matter. People will still do it, and continue to do it.

> 2533274924290830;9:
> > 2533274944621319;8:
> > > 2533274924290830;6:
> > > > 2533274848599184;4:
> > > > There have been hidden ranks in other Halo games IIRC. Just to quote something from B.net
> > > >
> > > > 1. Rank is there to match you against similar skilled players, which brings me to the next point.
> > > >
> > > > 2. If you enjoy playing against new players who have no idea what they are doing, you are playing the wrong game. Playing against a similar skilled player is fun, it is a challenge, and when you do your best to win, you get a lot of fun.
> > >
> > >
> > > Yeah when I want to take a break from Onyx arena, I get to go against people in Onyx ranked arena. Great fun…
> > > This is another reason why people smurf so often.
> > > Strict bans.
> > > No social…
> > > Add actual social and loosen bans and you might see less smurfing.
> >
> >
> > Social isn’t playing against players who have no chance to best you. Just because you want to stomp doesn’t mean you should be allowed to.
>
>
> I don’t want it to be like that to stop…I want it to be like that so I’m not constantly against Onyx kids who can snipe you instantly.

But if you’re onyx, you can do the same as they can. Just because you don’t want to fight other “Onyx kids” doesn’t mean you should be able to kill players who are significantly worse.

> 2533274950478805;10:
> > 2533274924290830;3:
> > > 2533274950478805;2:
> > > Because the tryhards and farmers will always go into “Social” playlists because they’re easier to farm and pad their K/D in than Ranked Playlists. No matter what 343i does, “Social” playlists probably won’t ever be a thing because of the Community, not the game.
> >
> >
> > Tryhard will always pad their K/Ds by going in 12 man squads in Warzone.
> > If it were CTF I’d understand…
> > But with slayer?
> > First to 50?
> > You can’t do much statting.
>
>
> Again, doesn’t matter. People will still do it, and continue to do it.

You could do more statting on assault and on that I wasn’t being placed against Onyx people constantly.
This is why smurfing exists.
People don’t want to be put against people who are full onyx constantly.

> 2533274944621319;11:
> > 2533274924290830;9:
> > > 2533274944621319;8:
> > > > 2533274924290830;6:
> > > > > 2533274848599184;4:
> > > > > There have been hidden ranks in other Halo games IIRC. Just to quote something from B.net
> > > > >
> > > > > 1. Rank is there to match you against similar skilled players, which brings me to the next point.
> > > > >
> > > > > 2. If you enjoy playing against new players who have no idea what they are doing, you are playing the wrong game. Playing against a similar skilled player is fun, it is a challenge, and when you do your best to win, you get a lot of fun.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Yeah when I want to take a break from Onyx arena, I get to go against people in Onyx ranked arena. Great fun…
> > > > This is another reason why people smurf so often.
> > > > Strict bans.
> > > > No social…
> > > > Add actual social and loosen bans and you might see less smurfing.
> > >
> > >
> > > Social isn’t playing against players who have no chance to best you. Just because you want to stomp doesn’t mean you should be allowed to.
> >
> >
> > I don’t want it to be like that to stop…I want it to be like that so I’m not constantly against Onyx kids who can snipe you instantly.
>
>
> But if you’re onyx, you can do the same as they can. Just because you don’t want to fight other “Onyx kids” doesn’t mean you should be able to kill players who are significantly worse.

Yeah who cares if I want to have a game which isn’t ranked…a game not against high Onyxs and champions.
Let’s just throw me against them anyway.
Again, this is why people smurf on “social”…they want a break.

> 2533274924290830;13:
> > 2533274944621319;11:
> > > 2533274924290830;9:
> > > > 2533274944621319;8:
> > > > > 2533274924290830;6:
> > > > > > 2533274848599184;4:
> > > > > > There have been hidden ranks in other Halo games IIRC. Just to quote something from B.net
> > > > > >
> > > > > > 1. Rank is there to match you against similar skilled players, which brings me to the next point.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > 2. If you enjoy playing against new players who have no idea what they are doing, you are playing the wrong game. Playing against a similar skilled player is fun, it is a challenge, and when you do your best to win, you get a lot of fun.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Yeah when I want to take a break from Onyx arena, I get to go against people in Onyx ranked arena. Great fun…
> > > > > This is another reason why people smurf so often.
> > > > > Strict bans.
> > > > > No social…
> > > > > Add actual social and loosen bans and you might see less smurfing.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Social isn’t playing against players who have no chance to best you. Just because you want to stomp doesn’t mean you should be allowed to.
> > >
> > >
> > > I don’t want it to be like that to stop…I want it to be like that so I’m not constantly against Onyx kids who can snipe you instantly.
> >
> >
> > But if you’re onyx, you can do the same as they can. Just because you don’t want to fight other “Onyx kids” doesn’t mean you should be able to kill players who are significantly worse.
>
>
> Yeah who cares if I want to have a game which isn’t ranked…a game not against high Onyxs and champions.
> Let’s just throw me against them anyway.
> Again, this is why people smurf on “social”…they want a break.

Yea you want an easy win. How do you think your opponents would feel being matched against an onyx. What you’re suggesting is impossible, because pretty much you want to match up against weaker players, but that means everyone will have to match up with weaker players, but then there won’t be room for other players.

Hahaha so basically he is mad he can’t go beat up on noobs… super fiesta feels social to me.

> 2533274944621319;14:
> > 2533274924290830;13:
> > > 2533274944621319;11:
> > > > 2533274924290830;9:
> > > > > 2533274944621319;8:
> > > > > > 2533274924290830;6:
> > > > > > > 2533274848599184;4:
> > > > > > > There have been hidden ranks in other Halo games IIRC. Just to quote something from B.net
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > 1. Rank is there to match you against similar skilled players, which brings me to the next point.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > 2. If you enjoy playing against new players who have no idea what they are doing, you are playing the wrong game. Playing against a similar skilled player is fun, it is a challenge, and when you do your best to win, you get a lot of fun.
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Yeah when I want to take a break from Onyx arena, I get to go against people in Onyx ranked arena. Great fun…
> > > > > > This is another reason why people smurf so often.
> > > > > > Strict bans.
> > > > > > No social…
> > > > > > Add actual social and loosen bans and you might see less smurfing.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Social isn’t playing against players who have no chance to best you. Just because you want to stomp doesn’t mean you should be allowed to.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > I don’t want it to be like that to stop…I want it to be like that so I’m not constantly against Onyx kids who can snipe you instantly.
> > >
> > >
> > > But if you’re onyx, you can do the same as they can. Just because you don’t want to fight other “Onyx kids” doesn’t mean you should be able to kill players who are significantly worse.
> >
> >
> > Yeah who cares if I want to have a game which isn’t ranked…a game not against high Onyxs and champions.
> > Let’s just throw me against them anyway.
> > Again, this is why people smurf on “social”…they want a break.
>
>
> Yea you want an easy win. How do you think your opponents would feel being matched against an onyx. What you’re suggesting is impossible, because pretty much you want to match up against weaker players, but that means everyone will have to match up with weaker players, but then there won’t be room for other players.

I don’t want an easy win, I want a break for not all 5 enemies to be Onyx.
Do I want it to be easy?
No
Do I want it to be a completely sweaty lobby against people I can’t kill unless I actually try with full effort?
No.
Balance is needed…
It’s the same thing that happened before with “social”.
To quote Rhippin,
“I should be able to a single game match a member of a pro team, then the next game match a completely new player”

It seems like the OP wants to be put in games against people considerably weaker than them.

Whilst I think there should be a mix of player skill levels in social playlists, what I mean by that is that each team should have people of a similar average skill, but with considerable variation in skill between the players. So the top player on one team might be considerably better than 3 people on the opposite team, but the other 2 are about the same/slightly stronger, for the sake of balancing.

Of course if you go in with a bunch of very high skilled friends then expect to fight 5 high skilled opponents.

TL:DR In every game it should be plausible that both teams can win, otherwise it isn’t even a “game”, just an ego stroke for the winners. That means every game should be somewhat challenging if you want to win by a decent margin.

> 2533274863583587;17:
> It seems like the OP wants to be put in games against people considerably weaker than them.
>
> Whilst I think there should be a mix of player skill levels in social playlists, what I mean by that is that each team should have people of a similar average skill, but with considerable variation in skill between the players. So the top player on one team might be considerably better than 3 people on the opposite team, but the other 2 are about the same/slightly stronger, for the sake of balancing.
>
> Of course if you go in with a bunch of very high skilled friends then expect to fight 5 high skilled opponents.
>
> TL:DR In every game it should be plausible that both teams can win, otherwise it isn’t even a “game”, just an ego stroke for the winners. That means every game should be somewhat challenging if you want to win by a decent margin.

Every game I’ve played, I’ve been alone…other than 2 or 3 other games with 1 friend.
Not a full stacked team.

Idk what your talking about today I went and played super fiesta for awhile it was so fun and awesome it was the best especially when you find tartuses gravel just lying on the ground and then go on a killing spree, it’s also good for commendations for spartan lasers I was also playing solo like I always do.

> 2533274816788253;15:
> Hahaha so basically he is mad he can’t go beat up on noobs… super fiesta feels social to me.

Same it feels super social
get it? Nope? Never mind then -_-